• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

What Are Your Favorite TV Shows?

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’ve been good - I’m watching only an episode a night - tbf part of that is I liked the first series but I never got the hype with it - i enjoy it but don’t think it’s unbelievable so I don’t feel like I need to watch all the episodes at once

I just really enjoy the atmosphere and characters. Probably my favorite show on Netflix right now.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Exactly - it’s not like game of thrones or a show like that where I’m talking about it for a week just wanting the next episode but it’s a show I enjoy

Tbh I find stranger things a little slow to get going - same with a few tv shows at the moment - I really think that big blockbusters are getting me more excited than big tv which is the first time that’s happened as a general rule for a few years
I'm at episode 3 of season 2 and I said the exact same thing to my GF when we finished ep2, I think it's pretty slow developping right now. I get that they're introducing new characters and plots, which is great, I just think there's not anything that makes you really curious or that kinda twists the plot.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
to be fair i think its much like darth vader - such an iconic voice that literally any other person trying to play that character will end up doing a poor impression of james earl jones so why not keep him

and tbf this wasnt new news - we've known that earl jones would be mufasa for months
I'm just pissed off that Robin Williams is dead. No one, and I mean NO ONE else can voice the genie. I really like Will Smith.. But no. Just no.

And FFS. If you're getting back James Earl Jones' iconic voice, then at least get back Jeremy Irons. His voice as Scar was just as iconic damnit.

Honestly. Fuck Disney for these live action remakes. Cinderella was a lot worse than the original(and I wasn't a big fan), Beauty and the Beast was fucking terrible, Jungle Book was a joke too. Now you're doing Lion King? I mean, it's my third favorite Disney animated movie(Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast are my two favorites.....). I mean.. Aladdin is my favorite because of Robin Williams, but it's full of some problems. Beauty and the Beast and Lion King are arguably two perfect animated movies. With the only real problems for Beauty and the Beast coming from the Source Material, and the only problems with Lion King being Matthew Broderick was cast as Simba and he's only good for being in the movies Glory and Ferris Bueller's Day off.

Thank god I only saw these shitty movies on long flights and didn't have to pay a dime for them.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm at episode 3 of season 2 and I said the exact same thing to my GF when we finished ep2, I think it's pretty slow developping right now. I get that they're introducing new characters and plots, which is great, I just think there's not anything that makes you really curious or that kinda twists the plot.

From what I’ve seen I really like the new characters - it’s the old characters who are kind of stagnant at the moment that annoys me - like I get that they are living normal(ish) lives as far as possible but also the only interesting elements for me so far have been how Nancy deals with barb’s death last season, the introduction of max, the group in the van at the beginning (who I haven’t seen since yet - tbf i imagine they’ll play in soon - or I hope they do) and the relationship between eleven and the chief

It just feels to me like there is so much unnecessary filler that I get bored of some of the established characters because they aren’t developing much

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm just pissed off that Robin Williams is dead. No one, and I mean NO ONE else can voice the genie. I really like Will Smith.. But no. Just no.

And FFS. If you're getting back James Earl Jones' iconic voice, then at least get back Jeremy Irons. His voice as Scar was just as iconic damnit.

Honestly. Fuck Disney for these live action remakes. Cinderella was a lot worse than the original(and I wasn't a big fan), Beauty and the Beast was fucking terrible, Jungle Book was a joke too. Now you're doing Lion King? I mean, it's my third favorite Disney animated movie(Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast are my two favorites.....). I mean.. Aladdin is my favorite because of Robin Williams, but it's full of some problems. Beauty and the Beast and Lion King are arguably two perfect animated movies. With the only real problems for Beauty and the Beast coming from the Source Material, and the only problems with Lion King being Matthew Broderick was cast as Simba and he's only good for being in the movies Glory and Ferris Bueller's Day off.

Thank god I only saw these shitty movies on long flights and didn't have to pay a dime for them.

I agree I really don’t want all these live action remakes - that being said I though Jon favreau did something really interesting with the jungle book - the way they made the animals look and work was inspired and they went back to the source material and changed the story a little bit so that it wasn’t identical to the original animated adaptation

And you could tell how much work they put in with the voices and how they interact with this young actor playing mowgli

That being said I’d be much more pleased with that film if we didn’t have live action remakes of every other Disney animation

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I agree I really don’t want all these live action remakes - that being said I though Jon favreau did something really interesting with the jungle book - the way they made the animals look and work was inspired and they went back to the source material and changed the story a little bit so that it wasn’t identical to the original animated adaptation

And you could tell how much work they put in with the voices and how they interact with this young actor playing mowgli

That being said I’d be much more pleased with that film if we didn’t have live action remakes of every other Disney animation
Yeah seriously. Lion King and Beauty and the Beast are timeless movies that still have stunning animation to this day. If my little cousins want to watch one of those two movies I will happily watch them no questions asked.

Why I hated beauty and the beat live action is because Emma Watson can't sing worth a damn, her character has more chemistry with her father, the only two people that are integral to the story that can truly sing worth a damn were Josh Gad(Broadway) and Luke Evans(trained theater performer). Oh.. And Emma Watson was just a poor choice for Belle.

I do agree that Jungle Book Live Action was the best of the three thus far. Partially because Faverau is a pretty good director and the CGI was good. But still. Was unnecessary.

What's next? A live adaption of Hercules? It's happening isn't it..

If they don't get James Woods to voice an animated Hades I will kill someone.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah seriously. Lion King and Beauty and the Beast are timeless movies that still have stunning animation to this day. If my little cousins want to watch one of those two movies I will happily watch them no questions asked.

Why I hated beauty and the beat live action is because Emma Watson can't sing worth a damn, her character has more chemistry with her father, the only two people that are integral to the story that can truly sing worth a damn were Josh Gad(Broadway) and Luke Evans(trained theater performer). Oh.. And Emma Watson was just a poor choice for Belle.

I do agree that Jungle Book Live Action was the best of the three thus far. Partially because Faverau is a pretty good director and the CGI was good. But still. Was unnecessary.

What's next? A live adaption of Hercules? It's happening isn't it..

If they don't get James Woods to voice an animated Hades I will kill someone.

I guess Disney hasn't made enough money from these movies already and their overpriced Blu-rays (seriously, Disney's Blu-rays are almost never on sale from what I've seen). I refuse to watch any of these live-action movies.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Right now, I'm really digging....

The Brave
SEAL Team
S.W.A.T.
Valor

O

OriolesMagicPlease

The Walking Dead is dreadful! I hope a nuclear bomb hits and Daryl the only survivor. The End.

And my least favorite character killed my most favorite character on The Fear of the Walking Dead. This is why I don't watch much tv.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
View attachment 306

and have a read of the official synopsis of the film too... the guys in charge of marketing the deadpool films are geniuses
I just burst out laughing.....

Two best superhero movies this decade have honestly been Deadpool upon many rewatches and Logan.

I kind of hope that we get a meta cameo of James Mcavoy and Patrick Stewart having coffee together while discussing life

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I just burst out laughing.....

Two best superhero movies this decade have honestly been Deadpool upon many rewatches and Logan.

I kind of hope that we get a meta cameo of James Mcavoy and Patrick Stewart having coffee together while discussing life

logan was pretty sik - i loved what deadpool has done for superhero movies but i still found the plot pretty by-the-numbers rote superhero tropes but they did nothing new while doing everything new and it still felt tired if you get me - i loved the movie and the jokes and the meta-ness overload but i would have liked a slightly less generic plot - it has some of the best superhero moments but im not sure it's in the top 2 of this decade for me

id throw thor: ragnarok and spiderman: homecoming from this year alone into the ring also but deadpool is certainly up there - im excited for deadpool 2 and really hope that its even better than the first because that would be awesome

i mean we've had an awesome year for superhero movies