• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

What Are Your Favorite TV Shows?

Maybe we should sell these shows to others who are unfamiliar, for example Peaky Blinders is an interesting name but whats it about? Ot what is the hook for you? Id love to try out new shows

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Maybe we should sell these shows to others who are unfamiliar, for example Peaky Blinders is an interesting name but whats it about? Ot what is the hook for you? Id love to try out new shows
Peaky Blinders is definitely top3 on my list, it's great. What makes it great to me is just the all around atmosphere of the show, in the late 1920s in Birmingham. Basically it follows a gang of bookmakers trying to climb their way and take out the bigger gangs, but it's really the characters and the style of the serie that make it worthwile. I mean it's a freaking gypsie (sorry if the spelling is wrong) gang from Birmingham who spend their time drinking Whiskey by the bottle and smoking cigarettes with their beret on. And the way they speak is hilarious at times. The rest of the show id really good as well but it's that part that just makes PB special.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Peaky Blinders is definitely top3 on my list, it's great. What makes it great to me is just the all around atmosphere of the show, in the late 1920s in Birmingham. Basically it follows a gang of bookmakers trying to climb their way and take out the bigger gangs, but it's really the characters and the style of the serie that make it worthwile. I mean it's a freaking gypsie (sorry if the spelling is wrong) gang from Birmingham who spend their time drinking Whiskey by the bottle and smoking cigarettes with their beret on. And the way they speak is hilarious at times. The rest of the show id really good as well but it's that part that just makes PB special.

Just in case anyone was confused this is Birmingham England not Alabama

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
Tried to watch Ballers, but just decided to go back to Entourage, since Ballers seems to be HBO's attempt at an Entourage 2

K-Dog

MVP
I got the Police Squad! DVD for a birthday gift.
Does anyone here remember that show ?

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I gave a try to the Castlevania anime on Netflix (even though I never played Castlevania and haven't watched animes in years). It was short but it was absolutely good.

Can't wait for season 2 already.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Shit man, sundays are gonna be LIT until football comes. Power and GoT back to back for the next few weeks, and then when power ends I still got GoT for the next month and a half

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Power just doesn't disappoint me.
Mind blown man. What the hell tommy! Do you ever stop and think???

Ghost is bound to walk free now, an insider knows what happened and who did it, the case is gonna be blown wide open thanks to the devil who put it all in motion to begin with. All proctor had to do was get drunk and give Angela the business...

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Mind blown man. What the hell tommy! Do you ever stop and think???

Ghost is bound to walk free now, an insider knows what happened and who did it, the case is gonna be blown wide open thanks to the devil who put it all in motion to begin with. All proctor had to do was get drunk and give Angela the business...

Tommy is a monster! That was brutal though.

I don't trust this new lawyer and watching the trailer for the next episode, it looks like he'll be smashing Tasha (can't blame him cuz she's fine AF). However, I'm surprised that Proctor didn't get hold of the video tape from the club before Angela. Nevertheless, Sandoval has to die at this point. I can't stand looking at his smug face.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
What's Power? Never heard of it.
This is a lazy copy and paste, but this is what the show is basically about: "It appears James "Ghost" St. Patrick has it all -- a drop-dead gorgeous wife, a stunning Manhattan penthouse, and the power and success that come with owning hot new nightclub Truth. But a closer look reveals a man living a double life. When Ghost isn't tending to his Fortune 500 business, he's catering to clients of another operation: a drug empire that serves only the rich and influential. While loyal sidekick Tommy protects the cash-cow narcotics venture at all costs, Ghost's new reality is using Truth as more than a front to launder money. It's a way out of the drug game and into a legitimate life with his family, even if everything he loves becomes unknowingly threatened. "Power" is co-executive produced by Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson (who also co-stars) and show creator Courtney Kemp Agboh ("The Good Wife")."

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
What's Power? Never heard of it.
A big time drug distributor in NYC is also a great businessman, he starts up a nightclub and it goes big time really quick, he tries to go legit but loose ends pop up left and right and he just can't get away.

It's writing is as close to breaking bad as I've ever seen. It really has you on the edge of your seat wondering how the hell theyre gonna make it out, constant tension and high stakes drama, kinda graphic violence, shock factor like sons of anarchy, rugged and gritty but also flashy and eye catching. Best show on tv imo, this season has made it pass up GoT on my list because it's been every bit as tense and dramatic despite ghost being completely away from the drug trade

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Tommy is a monster! That was brutal though.

I don't trust this new lawyer and watching the trailer for the next episode, it looks like he'll be smashing Tasha (can't blame him cuz she's fine AF). However, I'm surprised that Proctor didn't get hold of the video tape from the club before Angela. Nevertheless, Sandoval has to die at this point. I can't stand looking at his smug face.
proctor mentions in the cross reference that "it was brilliant having them turn off the cameras" so they probably think they're up shits creek with that angle, which they would be right since Angela didn't see anything aside from James not hiding anything and Sandoval clearly tampering.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
proctor mentions in the cross reference that "it was brilliant having them turn off the cameras" so they probably think they're up shits creek with that angle, which they would be right since Angela didn't see anything aside from James not hiding anything and Sandoval clearly tampering.

That makes sense now. Damn Jerry Ferrara has been killing it though. I wonder if James gets released BEFORE the season finale so he confront Kanan for corrupting his son.