• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2020 Offseason Thread

Ravensfan86

Practice Squad
Matt Skura passed his physical and will be on the field tomorrow
Rossihunter2 - I’m joining this thread late, so apologize for redundancy. I just wanted to tell you the two players you started the thread about (Boykin and Ferguson) and your description of each was so good. Both strengths and weaknesses. I’m definately looking for the year two leap. Both mentally and physically. They both have a year of NFL strength and conditioning under their belt. Although the same could be said for other year two players, for these two in particular, could propel both sides of the ball to be a force and contribute directly to wins. Just my two cents. In addition, Skura passing his physical and being active even if limited at first. Great news for the offensive line. Lots of positives going into padded practices.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Rossihunter2 - I’m joining this thread late, so apologize for redundancy. I just wanted to tell you the two players you started the thread about (Boykin and Ferguson) and your description of each was so good. Both strengths and weaknesses. I’m definately looking for the year two leap. Both mentally and physically. They both have a year of NFL strength and conditioning under their belt. Although the same could be said for other year two players, for these two in particular, could propel both sides of the ball to be a force and contribute directly to wins. Just my two cents. In addition, Skura passing his physical and being active even if limited at first. Great news for the offensive line. Lots of positives going into padded practices.

if i were playing the odds id say that only one of them will turn into a consistent playmaker for us and from what ive seen on tape that's more likely to be boykin that ferguson but it would be a bigger boon for the team if ferguson became a playmaker for us at that position

Reactions: cdp

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
that's great news - although you've got to think he won't go straight into the contact drills given that monday is the first padded practice - you'd imagine he'd be eased in with positional drills and maybe just doing snapping the ball to lamar etc.
Fyi

Simba

Staff Member
that's great news - although you've got to think he won't go straight into the contact drills given that monday is the first padded practice - you'd imagine he'd be eased in with positional drills and maybe just doing snapping the ball to lamar etc.

Yeah it certainly won't be full speed ahead for him, but got to think he's on track to start week 1 at this point. Gives him 4 weeks to ramp up.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Is there any chance anyone can record the live camp? I’m gonna be working in a military base tomorrow and won’t have phone access

Ravensfan86

Practice Squad
What’s one thing that’s overhyped and one that is legit going into the season? For me, Hollywood is overhyped. I hope I’m wrong. Just because his workouts were so visable. I’m sure other players do similar things to get ready. Not saying he won’t be a solid #1 just the talent is so equal across the league. To me what is legit is Calais Campbell. Mountain of a man with great technique. He will help coach up guys like madabueke

Simba

Staff Member
Ravens are working out Dez Bryant this week :eek:

I'd prefer the younger guys but nothing against this either. Obviously with not playing in 2 years, there are no guarantees he sticks if he does end up signing here. No harm in at least giving him a shot to workout and if he looks good, great.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler

I'd prefer the younger guys but nothing against this either. Obviously with not playing in 2 years, there are no guarantees he sticks if he does end up signing here. No harm in at least giving him a shot to workout and if he looks good, great.

Im excited about this especially if he's signed. Bryant always played like a Raven and probably the type of player that get others fired up. I think he is the type of player The Ravens needed against The Titans but im also all for the young guys too.

Simba

Staff Member
Im excited about this especially if he's signed. Bryant always played like a Raven and probably the type of player that get others fired up. I think he is the type of player The Ravens needed against The Titans but im also all for the young guys too.

It's definitely an interesting personality to handle but I am at least a little encouraged by the fact that he seems to be after a ring nowadays. I know he spurned us a couple years back but I appreciate that he did it because it wasn't the right fit (Flacco on the downturn and Lamar a rookie that we had no idea how he'd turn out at the time) and he was waiting for what he felt was a better chance.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Seems like a classic Ravens move, but I'd kind of rather wait to see who gets cut in training camp. Either way, in EDC I truzz

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

I wonder if the 2 years off has helped Dez regain some of the speed that he used to have in his prime years before it looked like he was wearing down. Definitely no harm in giving him a workout and, if he does look good, then it instantly bolsters our WR group. He could end up being a great mentor to our young guys and we'll be able to get a decent rotation going to keep Dez fresh as the season goes on. I'm honestly all for this move.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

absolutely fine with him getting a shot (a bit like michael floyd last year) and if it works out then great and if it doesnt then no harm done

rossihunter2

Staff Member
james proche from everything you see and hear is going to out-work every single player in this WR room - he seems to be putting in as much work as he can to overcome his athletic deficiencies to turn himself into the best possible player he can be

really good signs to see from a 6th round pick

Simba

Staff Member
On the injury front...

Iman Marshall tore his ACL+ and is done for the year. Sucks for him but Anthony Averett has to be feeling a lot better about his roster standing now.

Chris Moore broke his finger and will miss a couple of weeks. Shouldn't be anything that affects his standing too much as we know what he can do and why he's here... ST.