1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.
    Dismiss Notice

The 2020 Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Ravens Talk' started by rossihunter2, Feb 13, 2020.

1. so still up in the air then whether skura or mekari start week 1 - but positive signs that skura's suiting up with the 1s for a scrimmage in terms of him being physically able to go soon

2. Apparently Lamar was 3-9 at one point and the Ravens had back to back false starts. Seems the defense got tired of getting picked on.

3. tbh im not too concerned there, i think our defense is gonna be far and away the leagues top unit. maybe optimistic but i dont care, secondary is king and even without earl thomas we have the leagues best secondary and frankly it isnt close, our scheme and rotation up front make it a done deal. our offense not being dominant vs this defense is more positive than anything because it means our defense is fucking fierce.

4. that was before he threw a pick

but then they put him in hurry up mode and he started torching them and then got some momentum and started putting together big plays and drives including a 40 yard bomb td to hollywood and another td to andrews

5. oh im not concerned at all - lamar still lit them up late on apparently which is a good sign

the other thing is that with the vets not doing proper tackling it neuters the running game a bit which obviously would slightly handicap the offence

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Nigel Warrior ended up with an interception tonight, but it was also mentioned that he looked really good on ST. Obviously it comes with risk without experience, but I wonder if they might consider him over say, Jordan Richards. At least Warrior has some upside on D as well while we know what Richards is at this point.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Also of note from Kasinitz...

Wide receiver Miles Boykin downed a Sam Koch punt inside the 5-yard at one point by sprinting downfield, breaking free from a blocker and tracking the ball well enough to catch it on the fly.

• Like Like x 1
  8. While some may see this is an impressive feat, I see it as a big red flag. Why is Boykin, trade up target in the third round, being relegated to gunner in his 2nd camp?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Holy fucking shit Jimmy Smith

• Like Like x 1
  10. Without earl, chargers and pats could possibly have a better secondary. I had has #1 with earl easily but now im unsure

• Like Like x 1
  11. probably because chris moore, justice hill and jaleel scott are all injured...

also worth noting that even last year we judon playing special teams snaps - just because you're a starter doesn't mean that you won't necessarily play on special teams - boykin is potentially a weapon on punt rushes and had at least one where he nearly got a block last year

i wouldnt see it as a red flag - just another tool in boykin's toolkit

12. i know Coach Evans thinks that Warrior's a better player than Geno Stone and Warrior's certainly flashed more in camp

13. Vikings traded for Yannick...

14. a 2 and a 5 is great value for the vikings (the 5 can become a 3 but still)

him and danielle hunter coming from both ends is a bit scary

at least this whole saga is over now though

15. Didn't they extend Hunter earlier this offseason?

16. yeah - he's under contract through the 2023 season although they can get out of it as early as next offseason

17. Jimmys a freak, always has been.

you hear about jimmy losing like 15 lbs and you’re like why tf? Til you remember that dude was playing cb at a high level weighing over 220. This mf was built like a small LB

• Like Like x 1

18. (click on the tweet to open the thread)

i just dont get why ben powers has seemingly not made any progress this offseason - he looked really good in all his preseason snaps and the week 17 snaps last year

i know our interior OL group is deep but... i just dont get it

19. another idiot pats fan.