• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2020 Offseason Thread

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
nigel warrior is clearly popular with some of the defensive vets too at practice
since early in camp ive heard B Will, Calais and Humphrey all do this line on training camp live:

so warrior's clearly making an impression even if he doesnt make the roster

We need warrior to be our special team’s ace and Bowser to have a breakout year in his final year.

Bowser + Warrior. All of us name nerds will be salivating.

Simba

Staff Member
We’re gonna regret taking Broderick Washington with some of the guys who were available that seemed so obvious

Washington was definitely the pick that had me scratching my head the most. With that being said, I don't see too many guys that I would have pounded the table for between that pick and Proche.

Proche was one guy I wanted so to turn around and get him later is great. Bradlee Anae and Antoine Brooks are really the only others that interested me in that stretch. Would have liked Prince Tega Wanogho as well but know that was an injury situation and that was after the Proche selection anyways.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Washington was definitely the pick that had me scratching my head the most. With that being said, I don't see too many guys that I would have pounded the table for between that pick and Proche.

Proche was one guy I wanted so to turn around and get him later is great. Bradlee Anae and Antoine Brooks are really the only others that interested me in that stretch. Would have liked Prince Tega Wanogho as well but know that was an injury situation and that was after the Proche selection anyways.
Netane muti for me

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I did like Muti but figured that was a no go already haven taken two interior guys in rounds 3 and 4. Figured iOL was off the table at that point.
In an offseason where marshal yanda retired we could’ve taken an iOL every other round and it would’ve been justified

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Netane muti for me

no thanks to muti - i was high on him early in the process but the more film i watched the more i didnt like him - injury concerns and then some awful technique with his head leaning into defenders to make up for shorter arms were a recipe for disaster on the pro-level without serious adjustment - would get absolutely destroyed by any DL with a decent push-pull or arm-over move

and he wasnt going to get that adjustment given he's been injured the whole time - he's only just come off PUP

he's athletically gifted but that's about it

rossihunter2

Staff Member
We’re gonna regret taking Broderick Washington with some of the guys who were available that seemed so obvious

i think the thing with washington is that as quiet as he's been, he'd have to have had a massive camp for there not to be questions about his roster spot because of how stacked we suddenly got at the position

@Edgar did a video on washington when we drafted him and saw some things he found at the time really exciting about him - he's still got that talent to him but in a jam-packed position group

but even if he does make the 53 he's not likely to get playing time so i do see your point

rossihunter2

Staff Member

a ton of guys i liked got taken earlier in the 5th round but obviously that means they werent available when we picked (khalid kareem, alton robinson, shane lemieux, trevis gipson, bryce hall, tyler johnson, kindle vildor, collin johnson, john hightower)

and admittedly broderick washington at the time of drafting was the only ravens pick i'd not come across or watched any film on

but here's some guys i liked who got taken after we picked him:

Darnell Mooney
Bradlee Anae
Justin Strnad
Michael Onwenu
Donovan Peoples-Jones
Prince Tega-Wanogho
Kenny Willekes
Jonathan Garvin
Derrek Tuszka

Simba

Staff Member
a ton of guys i liked got taken earlier in the 5th round but obviously that means they werent available when we picked (khalid kareem, alton robinson, shane lemieux, trevis gipson, bryce hall, tyler johnson, kindle vildor, collin johnson, john hightower)

and admittedly broderick washington at the time of drafting was the only ravens pick i'd not come across or watched any film on

but here's some guys i liked who got taken after we picked him:

Darnell Mooney
Bradlee Anae
Justin Strnad
Michael Onwenu
Donovan Peoples-Jones
Prince Tega-Wanogho
Kenny Willekes
Jonathan Garvin
Derrek Tuszka

Absolutely to the first point. Leading up to the Washington pick was the real gauntlet of guys I had interest in. That’s early part of the 5th saw my board get much smaller.

Simba

Staff Member
aaron kasinitz confirming that charles scarff is confirmed as a release - not sure on the others yet

Surprised that happened this early. I guess Adams did better than many in the media made it seem. Or maybe they have something else cooking.

Would think based on the list above, Barner, White, Dereus, Pollard, and Daka are in some level of purgatory for us until confirmed.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Surprised that happened this early. I guess Adams did better than many in the media made it seem. Or maybe they have something else cooking.

Would think based on the list above, Barner, White, Dereus, Pollard, and Daka are in some level of purgatory for us until confirmed.

for what its worth i think zrebiec about a week ago said that he thought we might go with just 2 TEs and Ricard but that if we kept a 3rd then Adams had looked the best

that being said that was still while Wolf was out injured and lost some valuable time in camp

rossihunter2

Staff Member
interesting and obviously this is purely during individual drills and bozeman for some reason not in the alignment but with Orlando getting a day off it looked to me like this was the alignment for the 1s through individual drills

Stanley, Mekari, Skura, Phillips, Fluker

obviously the fact that mekari's in at LG over Bozeman is a bit odd and could ultimately mean this is all meaningless but just what ive noticed there

Reactions: cdp