• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2020 Offseason Thread

ive never been more ready! this year has seriously sucked and ive never looked forward to football more lol, plus as a ravens fan ive been pissed and embarrassed for the past 7 months lol
Why would you be embarrassed? You guys have the best team in football or close to it. I wish you guys the best. You guys are awesome.

Simba

Staff Member
really? thats the first ive ever heard of that lol, whats it about?

Just vets getting to do what they want really lol. Shannon wore 2 in college so he wore that in practice, even in Denver I believe. I know Suggs wore 4 on occasion. I want to say Ray also wore 2 after Shannon left.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Just vets getting to do what they want really lol. Shannon wore 2 in college so he wore that in practice, even in Denver I believe. I know Suggs wore 4 on occasion. I want to say Ray also wore 2 after Shannon left.

i like that he put co cap on the back

only in the ravens organisation would a special teamer who doesnt play major snaps on defence be so well known and respected in the organisation that putting his nickname on the back of his jersey with a completely different number is almost expected

and everyone still knows who he is

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

only in the ravens organisation would a special teamer who doesnt play major snaps on defence be so well known and respected in the organisation that putting his nickname on the back of his jersey with a completely different number is almost expected

Levine is a player I’m really glad has stuck around rather than go chase something different elsewhere. Very dependable player in so many different places, very smart, he’s been here forever, he seems like he could be a Raven lifer. It’s cool to have a guy that has almost no name around the leagues fanbases but is so well known and respected by our team and fan base.

Simba

Staff Member

His Co-Cap visor from last year is top notch as well.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Levine is a player I’m really glad has stuck around rather than go chase something different elsewhere. Very dependable player in so many different places, very smart, he’s been here forever, he seems like he could be a Raven lifer. It’s cool to have a guy that has almost no name around the leagues fanbases but is so well known and respected by our team and fan base.

he has the most value here - he's one of the longest serving players on the team, is part of the veteran leadership of the team and is outspoken in that way too

but he also is a stalwart of special teams and holds the rest of the unit accountable by leading by example

and he also has intimate knowledge of the intricacies of this defence having played dimebacker here before chuck took that role away from him but levine still sometimes plays there and obviously has a distinct handle on the communication important at the heart of this defence

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Just posted this short deshon elliott video on youtube looking at 3 plays from the bengals game:

hopefully now that im less busy at work (and with the season about to start) i might be able to do more of these - im certainly more motivated to do them when using all-22 than i am when searching for half-decent college tape)

if anyone's got any players they want me to have a look at feel free to let me know

Reactions: cdp

Simba

Staff Member

the other good point here is that if you keep a TE3 on the 53 then they're likely active on gameday otherwise there's no point carrying them at all

And will that TE3 play on ST? Adams did log over 200 snaps there in 2017 so the answer could be yes, but is he good enough for the Ravens ST standard?

If he's not going to do that, no sense in keeping him active for like 10 snaps on offense a game.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
And will that TE3 play on ST? Adams did log over 200 snaps there in 2017 so the answer could be yes, but is he good enough for the Ravens ST standard?

If he's not going to do that, no sense in keeping him active for like 10 snaps on offense a game.

given his receiving in his career I honestly don’t think he offers anything even if someone goes down - does he offer more than Ricard beyond length?

Simba

Staff Member
I was a little curious so went digging through team depth charts... there are a few teams that are 4 or 5 deep that might have to cut some halfway decent guys. Some recent draft picks could push some guys out.

HOU - Kahale Warring, Darren Fells, Jordan Akins, Jordan Thomas
DEN - Noah Fant, Albert Okwuegbunam, Troy Fumagalli, Nick Vannett, Jake Butt
NO - Jared Cook, Adam Trautman, Josh Hill, Tommy Stevens
SEA - Greg Olsen, Will Dissly, Jacob Hollister, Stephen Sullivan

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I was a little curious so went digging through team depth charts... there are a few teams that are 4 or 5 deep that might have to cut some halfway decent guys. Some recent draft picks could push some guys out.

HOU - Kahale Warring, Daniel Fells, Jordan Akins, Jordan Thomas
DEN - Noah Fant, Albert Okwuegbunam, Troy Fumagalli, Nick Vannett, Jake Butt
NO - Jared Cook, Adam Trautman, Josh Hill, Tommy Stevens
SEA - Greg Olsen, Will Dissly, Jacob Hollister, Stephen Sullivan

Im sure the bears are about to cut 30 TEs too