• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2020 Offseason Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Tavon and Marlo looking silky smooth.

Also... Marlo is freaking ripped. His body fat percentage gotta be 5-7% lol

He’s not just ripped that boy is a fucking beast straight up, this man is built like a goddamn linebacker, with a linebackers mentality, track speed, press corner skills and zone corner fluidity, he looks like he might be flirting with 220lbs right now

all this to say, he’s not even cb1, that title belongs to Marcus Peters until marlon changes that.

bruh this secondary is so loaded I’m struggling to see how any team is gonna pass for more than 200 against us.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
He’s not just ripped that boy is a fucking beast straight up, this man is built like a goddamn linebacker, with a linebackers mentality, track speed, press corner skills and zone corner fluidity, he looks like he might be flirting with 220lbs right now

all this to say, he’s not even cb1, that title belongs to Marcus Peters until marlon changes that.

bruh this secondary is so loaded I’m struggling to see how any team is gonna pass for more than 200 against us.

after we acquired marcus peters - the defence only gave up 3 200 passing yd games - seattle (peters's first game), new england (peter's second game) and the Jets (who only managed 207 yds while chasing the game with ravens backups in the game at the end)

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
after we acquired marcus peters - the defence only gave up 3 200 passing yd games - seattle (peters's first game), new england (peter's second game) and the Jets (who only managed 207 yds while chasing the game with ravens backups in the game at the end)
damn, that is really impressive in 2020. if peters was in baltimore since training camp i think the unit wouldve went down as a historically great secondary. lucky for us were just gonna that in 2021 instead lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
damn, that is really impressive in 2020. if peters was in baltimore since training camp i think the unit wouldve went down as a historically great secondary. lucky for us were just gonna that in 2021 instead lol

the stretch from after new england to the season end was not just dominant from the offence but also the defence and that's even with lots of teams having to play from behind and forcing the ball

rossihunter2

Staff Member

great vid @Edgar - really interesting - maybe with the better pass rushing talent inside, tyus might be able to feast a little more although it seems like he's still not trusted enough in running downs to get on the field outside of those obvious passing downs where part of his usage is in his versatility and coverage ability which takes away some pass rush reps he might otherwise have

more opportunities would surely yield more sacks but not sure where those opportunities are going to come unless he's put on the field more on 1st and 2nd down

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

You REALLY believe we'll hold the Chiefs to under 200 yards passing?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
You REALLY believe we'll hold the Chiefs to under 200 yards passing?
eh, give or take.

for real though, the #2 corner in each game we played the chiefs was Brandon Carr iirc. In the first game we had Humphrey, Carr, jefferson, and some combo of averett and bethel I believe. Obviously we’re not holding them to 200 yards but I’d be shocked if we didn’t put up the years best performance against their offense. We managed fairly well twice against them without half the firepower we have now.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Fluker involved in a DV case. He’s the victim. What gets me is that “He told officers he had to check with his employer, the Baltimore Ravens, first before filing a report.”

crazy how nobody really bats an eye when it’s the other way around. Imagine getting aggressive with a 340lb lineman, knowing he can’t do nothing but take it or else it looks horrible on his end. Crazy.

https://foxbaltimore.com/sports/bal...avens-dj-fluker-a-victim-of-domestic-violence

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Fluker involved in a DV case. He’s the victim. What gets me is that “He told officers he had to check with his employer, the Baltimore Ravens, first before filing a report.”

crazy how nobody really bats an eye when it’s the other way around. Imagine getting aggressive with a 340lb lineman, knowing he can’t do nothing but take it or else it looks horrible on his end. Crazy.

https://foxbaltimore.com/sports/bal...avens-dj-fluker-a-victim-of-domestic-violence
Smh I’m tired of these hoes

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Smh I’m tired of these hoes

He did the smartest thing he could do. Just take the damage, record everything for evidence.
Both he and she knows that if he makes the move, the public will side with her and he could lose his playing career.
Hope he gets full custody and get out of that toxic relationship.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
He did the smartest thing he could do. Just take the damage, record everything for evidence.
Both he and she knows that if he makes the move, the public will side with her and he could lose his playing career.
Hope he gets full custody and get out of that toxic relationship.
i agree, its just a damn shame that it has to be this way.

look at amber heard and johnny depp for fucks sake. the mile long leash that the court of public opinion gives ANY woman in a domestic dispute is ridiculous.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
i agree, its just a damn shame that it has to be this way.

look at amber heard and johnny depp for fucks sake. the mile long leash that the court of public opinion gives ANY woman in a domestic dispute is ridiculous.
She should do jail time just for LYING about the domestic abuse.

Simba

Staff Member
He signed a one year deal, and I'm reading the contract tolls over to 2021. So essentially he is locked in to our roster heading into 2021 I assume?

Yep seems like that's the case. He doesn't earn a year of service time and the current contract carries over. No sense in cutting him now but would be shocked if makes it passed say, March next year.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
just finished listening to the Eric DeCosta 1 on 1 conversation with Albert Breer on his podcast and if anyone's looking to fill an hour and a half it's a wonderful conversation with a couple of interesting tidbits:

Eric decosta has basically been focussed on the running of the draft since 2005 when Phil savage left and he started running the room

Was put in charge of trades by Ozzie as early as 2001 despite only really having 3 years experience as a scout properly (and only 5 years in the organisation) - didn’t have the Jimmy Johnson charts or anything to go on so had to make his own judgements on fair value etc

Almost immediately became one of the highest paid gms in the league