• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2020 Offseason Thread

JAAM

Hall of Famer
He would def probably prefer hawks.. got dam that would be nasty
Wait why? He loves Lamar and his cousin plays here. Plus he’d see the Steelers

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Roman says we will be putting a lot on the plate of Miles Boykin this season. And that we expect, " giant" steps.

that's exciting - putting more on his plate suggests to me giving him more variety in his routes and bringing him earlier into lots of the progressions - basically bringing actually into the offence rather than as a tool that the scheme uses - he was not asked to do many different things last year which probably helped him get on the field a bit more than he might have otherwise but it also meant that he didnt get many opportunities to actually get the ball

bringing him into the offence more could definitely help us stay ahead of the game with regards to evolving this offence again

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Wait why? He loves Lamar and his cousin plays here. Plus he’d see the Steelers

All the reasons above is why he'd choose us over Seattle. I just can't imagine him being here without assurance by the league he won't be suspended or face any kind of league discipline.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
that's exciting - putting more on his plate suggests to me giving him more variety in his routes and bringing him earlier into lots of the progressions - basically bringing actually into the offence rather than as a tool that the scheme uses - he was not asked to do many different things last year which probably helped him get on the field a bit more than he might have otherwise but it also meant that he didnt get many opportunities to actually get the ball

bringing him into the offence more could definitely help us stay ahead of the game with regards to evolving this offence again
It’s imperative that we replace a large share of the TE targets with routes designed for Boykin, and I don’t mean use Boykin like a TE, I mean evolve the offense so you’re leaning on your TEs much less and instead using the entire field and making use of a guy like Boykin. I don’t think Boykin is some nightmare of a wr but I bet Aaron Rodgers or the patriots would kick a baby to have him on their wr needy teams, the guy has talent, and it needs to be used.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
What in the hell makes you say such a thing?

there is absolutely no reason to think he would prefer Seattle.
If he wants the ball hawks would be better. It depends on what ab wants. If he wants the ball More and the opportunity to get a decent pay day from a team, id choose hawks.. more relatable and fun team would us. Not to mention he has a better chance at being a diva in sea than over here. We got guys on our team that would put his ass in place

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If he wants the ball hawks would be better. It depends on what ab wants. If he wants the ball More and the opportunity to get a decent pay day from a team, id choose hawks.. more relatable and fun team would us. Not to mention he has a better chance at being a diva in sea than over here. We got guys on our team that would put his ass in place
you ever think maybe he wants some structure? Maybe being exiled from the nfl for a year has made him realize he wants to be on an nfl team and that being in the right locker room is exactly what he needs?

you think he’d rather share targets with DK, Lockett, and dissly instead of his cousin and andrews? More passing attempts doesn’t mean more targets, AB is the #1 on both teams but he has more targets to share in Seattle than in Baltimore. Lets also not act like Seattle isn’t the 3rd most run heavy team Behind the ravens and titans.

and obviously saying this implies that Lamar can’t pass the ball, and your unfounded pessimism towards Lamar is showing again.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
you ever think maybe he wants some structure? Maybe being exiled from the nfl for a year has made him realize he wants to be on an nfl team and that being in the right locker room is exactly what he needs?

you think he’d rather share targets with DK, Lockett, and dissly instead of his cousin and andrews? More passing attempts doesn’t mean more targets, AB is the #1 on both teams but he has more targets to share in Seattle than in Baltimore. Lets also not act like Seattle isn’t the 3rd most run heavy team Behind the ravens and titans.

and obviously saying this implies that Lamar can’t pass the ball, and your unfounded pessimism towards Lamar is showing again.
Wilson is probably the best pure passer of the ball. but tbh i'd rather use the cap to extend Stanley and save some cap for 2021. Who knows whats going on in AB's head, let's not forget what he did last year.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor

I also thought it was cool what he said in passing about multiple personnel groupings. I have to go back and get the context but to me it seemed he was referring to the WR group(s).

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor

Interesting insights. It's quite an effort to hold individual sessions with each player, but very goal-oriented.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

Lamar not even close to russ when it comes to passing ability so it never even came to mind. Like i said, if he wants the ball more or targeted more or even the ability to showcase what he still have left, hawks are a better fit

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It’s imperative that we replace a large share of the TE targets with routes designed for Boykin, and I don’t mean use Boykin like a TE, I mean evolve the offense so you’re leaning on your TEs much less and instead using the entire field and making use of a guy like Boykin. I don’t think Boykin is some nightmare of a wr but I bet Aaron Rodgers or the patriots would kick a baby to have him on their wr needy teams, the guy has talent, and it needs to be used.

there are so many opportunities with the attention hollywood will get for boykin to consistently get 1v1 coverage on the outside and he's athletic enough that he should win some of those reps just through pure athleticism even if the routes themselves arent great

i think the easiest evolution for boykin beyond refining his routes etc. is just the way Roman thinks about him in the offence - he was running mostly clear-out routes to try and draw coverage and i think the evolution has to be that if the safety doesnt take him out of the game you throw that deep shot in his direction and let him get it - basically put that clear-out route suddenly higher in the progressions as an actual proper defined read

he flashed athleticism and we know he's going to be on the field a lot simply because of his work on running downs - so there's reason to believe he's going to have every opportunity to be a big contributor in the offence