• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2020 Offseason Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member

the AB to baltimore stuff while maybe interesting to think about has never struck me as realistic

the mike silver segment that set off this whole thing didnt really suggest there was interest from the ravens and seahawks just that he thought they would be teams that might have interest and might have internal discussions

for the ravens to sign AB they'd have to go against the ideals they put in place after the ray rice incident and i dont see bisciotti signing off on that kind of idea

would make sense to me that this really has no traction anywhere within the front office and coaching staff

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I’d rather use a roster spot elsewhere. We don’t need AB ruining Lamar’s confidence. I hope we can get another pass rusher

JAAM

Hall of Famer
And you know which pass rusher(s) I’m talking about, @Dom McRaven ;) #SIIE

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
there are so many opportunities with the attention hollywood will get for boykin to consistently get 1v1 coverage on the outside and he's athletic enough that he should win some of those reps just through pure athleticism even if the routes themselves arent great

i think the easiest evolution for boykin beyond refining his routes etc. is just the way Roman thinks about him in the offence - he was running mostly clear-out routes to try and draw coverage and i think the evolution has to be that if the safety doesnt take him out of the game you throw that deep shot in his direction and let him get it - basically put that clear-out route suddenly higher in the progressions as an actual proper defined read

he flashed athleticism and we know he's going to be on the field a lot simply because of his work on running downs - so there's reason to believe he's going to have every opportunity to be a big contributor in the offence
Exactly my thoughts, take those fades and just target him, and let him get running on slants. If you start targeting him on fades he’s gonna come down with a few, and then the whole field widens for you and the likes of Hollywood and andrews and even a guy like duvernay, become much more dangerous.

If Boykin can release consistently, there aren’t too many cbs with the height/speed/ball skills combo who are gonna be able to blank him on fade routes, if he can release early and make it footrace with the db, he’s got enough speed to stay uncovered and the length to make the throw and catch much easier as long as it’s placed over the dbs reach.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I’d take Everson lol, but I don’t think he’s a good scheme fit
Yes it is! You know why? Because the transition from purple to purple is SEAMLESS.

#SIIE, motherfucker!

EDIT: we really censoring m.o.t.h.e.r.f.u.c.k.e.r????

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Yes it is! You know why? Because the transition from purple to purple is SEAMLESS.

#SIIE, [profanity deleted]!

EDIT: we really censoring m.o.t.h.e.r.f.u.c.k.e.r????
I’d like to have a word with this boards manager

JO_75

Hall of Famer
We have one week left to work out a long term deal with Judon. Do you guys think it happens or is playinh the year out on the Franchise Tag/Is Traded?

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
We have one week left to work out a long term deal with Judon. Do you guys think it happens or is playinh the year out on the Franchise Tag/Is Traded?
I'm leaning towards playing the year out. We have a couple of important extensions coming up (Hump, Ronnie). Future salary cap is uncertain, so using cap space for a longterm deal is too costly.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
If coach Harbaugh thinks Queen can play Mike backer I'll obviously take his word for it but I don't think so. He certainly isn't a classic Mike.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
How many ILB do we usually keep on the 53? Who you guys see us keeping?

I wonder who we going to role with come week 1.
Knowing Harbs, it’ll probably be fort + queen.
I don’t know why, but my gut feeling tells me Harrison will be the fan favorite in the near future.

Chris board is a special teams ace and had hype in training camp.

Seems like Harrison and Otaro Alaka are true MIKEs

rossihunter2

Staff Member
How many ILB do we usually keep on the 53? Who you guys see us keeping?

I wonder who we going to role with come week 1.
Knowing Harbs, it’ll probably be fort + queen.
I don’t know why, but my gut feeling tells me Harrison will be the fan favorite in the near future.

Chris board is a special teams ace and had hype in training camp.

Seems like Harrison and Otaro Alaka are true MIKEs

my guess is we keep 4 (the ones that you've mentioned) with Alaka on the outside looking in but we've kept 5 in the past (especially when they have some backup positional flexibility like albert mclellan with the ability to do some edge setting outside)

Reactions: cdp

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Tavon and Marlo looking silky smooth.

Also... Marlo is freaking ripped. His body fat percentage gotta be 5-7% lol