• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Joe Flacco

ALI624

Pro Bowler
correction.. 2 pressures in 3 games

‏Verified account @PFF_NateJahnke 19h19 hours ago
BAL LT Ronnie Stanley over the last 3 games
122 pass blocks
0 sacks allowed
0 hits allowed
2 hurries allowed
98.8 pass blocking efficiency
Slacker!

Joe Flacco is by far the worst starting qb in the league this year statistically. Interceptions, most, yards a game, 167, by far the worst, qbr, worst. 1 td and 6 picks in the last 4 games. Flacco is being outplayed by Blake Bortles, Jay Cutler, Brain Hoyer, and even Jacoby Brisett. If you don't care about stats, okay. But what if I told you in the pre season Mallet was the starter with those numbers? He would be run out of town. How can this franchise expect to go anywhere when the QB is the worst in the league this year? This isn't Joe Flacco from 08-12(-14) This guy sucks.

How long are we stuck with Flacco?

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
How long are we stuck with Flacco?
With the way the cap is changing, we aren't really that stuck with Flacco. The cap will inflate a ton this year. We have no chance to sign another qb, but that is what makes drafting one very reasonable. I believe 2019 is the year we have a possible out with cutting Flacco and for it to be sustainable. I just noticed we have the option to not bring back Brandon Carr and save 6.5 Mill next year. We will certainly have a nice amount of cap for once next year, and the only free agent that matters is Jensen.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
^ paying him doesn't mean we have to play Flacco (if he doesn't bounce back, I give him the end of this year before I lose all faith) Although it is troubling cap wise, that might be our only step towards success. Making a mistake (2nd contract extension) is bad. Failing to admit to it is worse.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Im so happy for Deshaun Watson. I hope he can keep it up! He's looking like one of the top players i the league already lol. Such a big fan of this kid.....only wish he could be wearing purple

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Im so happy for Deshaun Watson. I hope he can keep it up! He's looking like one of the top players i the league already lol. Such a big fan of this kid.....only wish he could be wearing purple
I always had a good feel about him. Good player and seems like a good man, too. If you can give fits to that Saban's defense two years in a row, you have to be good.

^ paying him doesn't mean we have to play Flacco (if he doesn't bounce back, I give him the end of this year before I lose all faith) Although it is troubling cap wise, that might be our only step towards success. Making a mistake (2nd contract extension) is bad. Failing to admit to it is worse.

That first contract in 2013 was structured to force an extension

3-4ravdef509

Practice Squad
Don't tell me Flacco is the problem.

https://www.pressboxonline.com/2017/10/16/dont-blame-joe-flacco-for-ravens-brutal-loss-to-bears

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...s-sp-ravens-five-things-bears-1016-story.html

This offense is dreadful outside Collins, Maclin and occasionally Watson and Wallace.

I've never been convinced until now, but I think Ozzie is done.

We should have kept Boldin
Should have kept Osemele, even if it meant losing Yanda
We should have kept Torrey even
We want to blame Joe for the salary cap but we have also had so much dead money from players we shouldn't have signed
Joe isn't elite but I'm sorry, he isn't terrible and I rewatched the game twice, there was really not much Joe could do, our special teams bailed us out twice but you can tell by the end of the game Joe has lost all confidence in our offense.
Marty might not be the problem but honestly he isn't the solution either.

Remember when we groaned about Cam cameron and the 2008-2012 offense? Can we have that back?

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Joe Flacco is by far the worst starting qb in the league this year statistically. Interceptions, most, yards a game, 167, by far the worst, qbr, worst. 1 td and 6 picks in the last 4 games. Flacco is being outplayed by Blake Bortles, Jay Cutler, Brain Hoyer, and even Jacoby Brisett. If you don't care about stats, okay. But what if I told you in the pre season Mallet was the starter with those numbers? He would be run out of town. How can this franchise expect to go anywhere when the QB is the worst in the league this year? This isn't Joe Flacco from 08-12(-14) This guy sucks.

And, he had a Total QBR of 14.4

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Don't tell me Flacco is the problem.

https://www.pressboxonline.com/2017/10/16/dont-blame-joe-flacco-for-ravens-brutal-loss-to-bears

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...s-sp-ravens-five-things-bears-1016-story.html

This offense is dreadful outside Collins, Maclin and occasionally Watson and Wallace.

I've never been convinced until now, but I think Ozzie is done.

We should have kept Boldin
Should have kept Osemele, even if it meant losing Yanda
We should have kept Torrey even
We want to blame Joe for the salary cap but we have also had so much dead money from players we shouldn't have signed
Joe isn't elite but I'm sorry, he isn't terrible and I rewatched the game twice, there was really not much Joe could do, our special teams bailed us out twice but you can tell by the end of the game Joe has lost all confidence in our offense.
Marty might not be the problem but honestly he isn't the solution either.

Remember when we groaned about Cam cameron and the 2008-2012 offense? Can we have that back?
The same can be said about Flacco not being the only problem, but he damn sure ain't part of the solution.

I can't argue about the Boldin situation, but there's no way we could've won a bidding war against teams like the Raiders who had shit tons of cap space at the time. I honestly don't think Torrey would've made a difference. He was our "#1" in 2013 and we all remember how dreadful that offense was.

As for Marty, he never should've been brought back, but whatever Harbs. This offseason is going to be interesting for sure.

hey, jake brisket has single handedly saved the colts season and looked like a good qb - he's certainly fun to watch and i hope that somehow once luck is back, the nfl finds a way to get him to a club where he'll play some games not as an outright backup

I was a big fan of his coming out of NC, big guy, big arm and can handle cold weather.

The one thing that I really hate that Flacco lacks is an ability to create for his team when a play isn't there. A Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Newton, Luck, etc. can all navigate the pocket and move around and keep a play alive. They can play backyard football and wait for a play to develop, even if it wasn't drawn up.

Joe just stands stationary and seems to get lost when the first few reads are covered.
Yeah I've mentioned this myself plenty of times. Sometimes you need your QB to become a play-maker and make plays when nothing seems to be there. You would like to see him move around in the pocket and keep plays alive but unfortunately he doesn't do that, he just waits and either takes the sack or throws the ball late to the side line when he rolls out. If the pocket breaks down you would like to see him roll out and make a play. It's not going to always happen but you would like to see him make plays, unfortunately he hasn't done that.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
We will get a QB it will be Wilton Speight as an undrafted free agent. He went to Michigan and he’s got heart, he can’t actually play QB but he’s got heart and that is all that counts. Don’t want to push Flacco to actually improve or anything.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
We will get a QB it will be Wilton Speight as an undrafted free agent. He went to Michigan and he’s got heart, he can’t actually play QB but he’s got heart and that is all that counts. Don’t want to push Flacco to actually improve or anything.
Yup, accountability is always looked for elsewhere.
On the heart subject, I got a lot of it. Where do I sign?

ALI624

Pro Bowler
Yup, accountability is always looked for elsewhere.
On the heart subject, I got a lot of it. Where do I sign?
Only if you can over and under throw your receivers, not pay attention to the play clock, throw two yards past the line of scrimmage and only throw to one side of the field. If you check all these boxes you are hired.