• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Joe Flacco

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don’t know. Sure he has done well with Andy Reid and Pederson, both running the same offense, but when he has been away from this system he hasn’t played that well. Sure him being younger could help and having more recent early success would be good as well. One thing I can say is the Eagles won’t trade Foles to the Skins.
Yeah but teams offered a 2nd round pick for him and they declined. Depending on what Foles does going forward could really put his value above Joe.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Still believe January Joe should have been given a chance after Lamar went three and out to start third quarter.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Still believe January Joe should have been given a chance after Lamar went three and out to start third quarter.
Nah, if Lamar couldn't scramble out of that pass rush, how do you think Joe would fare?
Maybe less sacks but it would have been checkdowns all day, mostly to the turf.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Nah, if Lamar couldn't scramble out of that pass rush, how do you think Joe would fare?
They just blitzed and played single man non stop because they knew even if they didn’t get there right away he’d hold on and not make the throw

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Can’t believe just another year of the defense completely dominating as the offense watches us try the same shit and punt after one minute. I can’t believe we wasted such a dominate showing

Inqui

Pro Bowler
It's a shame we can't combine Joe and Lamar. You'd have a pretty good QB right there.

...Or a seriously shit one.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Lamar will suffer same fate as Joe - the FO will build up the defense and expect Lamar to do everything on offense
I don't think it's the FO that has been the issue. Harbaugh is the one who vouches for garbage like Hurst and Skura...

Truth be told we get ourselves a FS, OG/C(I think Bozeman fills the other spot, whichever we don't fill), and a couple of pass rushers we could be in contention.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't think it's the FO that has been the issue. Harbaugh is the one who vouches for garbage like Hurst and Skura...

Truth be told we get ourselves a FS, OG/C(I think Bozeman fills the other spot, whichever we don't fill), and a couple of pass rushers we could be in contention.
Dude even Bozeman struggled this game. We need a serious investment on OL but I still don’t think it’s solved by a bunch of high picks

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
When your down 20 points your only option is to throw the ball, and the backers and ends can just go straight for the qb every play. It’s the same how we don’t get sacks when it matters but rack up when blowing guys out

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Dude even Bozeman struggled this game. We need a serious investment on OL but I still don’t think it’s solved by a bunch of high picks
Bozeman is a sixth round rookie who has his moments. Unlike the other two he actually has something.. UPSIDE.

It'd be foolish if we didn't address it because of him, but there are things about his game that make me think he could be a good future starter. He's got a ways to go..

It's not. We need a guy in FA too, which is doable. Ronald Leary is an average G in the ZBS but he's played well in a power scheme before and will likely be a cap casualty who will be cheaper. At worst he could be a good backup and at best a solid starter. That's an idea.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Bozeman is a sixth round rookie who has his moments. Unlike the other two he actually has something.. UPSIDE.

It'd be foolish if we didn't address it because of him, but there are things about his game that make me think he could be a good future starter. He's got a ways to go..

It's not. We need a guy in FA too, which is doable. Ronald Leary is an average G in the ZBS but he's played well in a power scheme before and will likely be a cap casualty who will be cheaper. At worst he could be a good backup and at best a solid starter. That's an idea.
We need to draft a C early like Biadasz or Gaillard and sign a free agent G and I’ll feel good about the OL.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
We need to draft a C early like Biadasz or Gaillard and sign a free agent G and I’ll feel good about the OL.
We won't. As long as Harbaugh is here we will be content with Hurst and Skura....

Just telling it like it is. Lamar and the team cannot move forward until Marty is gone. And since Marty isn't going to be gone, we need to get rid of the bigger problem keeping him.

Impossible to say what would have happened but the sense I had was Lamar was confused and unable/afraid to let go of the ball. It felt like we should have made the move after the 1st possession went to shit ... just a felt a change of approach was needed