• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore: LBs Patrick Queen (28) and Malik Harrison (98)

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
something that gets lost in the malik harrison pick is that its a MUCH needed identity pick. the ravens front seven totally lacked any kind of identity type players, michael pierce was the closest thing, but a NT who barely gets to make tackles doesnt strike fear into guys the way a LB can. Harrison is probably the first true thumper the ravens have had since bart scott. now mind you im not comparing him to bart scott, im just saying hes the type who might be able to bring that fear factor and really add some edge to our front seven the way bart scott did. jameel mcclain, daryl smith, cj mosley, peanut, bynes, these guys didnt bring the pain the way a malik harrison potentially could, they were all more mentally prepared technical types, harrison will clean your goddamn clock just for fun, hes a real potential tone setter type and that element is lacking in todays NFL and is something the ravens thrived on for a very long time and just havent gotten back to having that edge.

i cant wait to see this big [profanity deleted] lower the boom on some poor QB who doesnt see him and have him seeing ghosts the rest of the game.
Dam i didnt think about this one.. youre def right. We need this shit bad. That shit gives the whole defense a boost. I remember when kam chancllor used to be hitting mfs, especially vernon davis. The whole defense would just go crazy. Dam you got me wanting to see this happen now

rossihunter2

Staff Member
something that gets lost in the malik harrison pick is that its a MUCH needed identity pick. the ravens front seven totally lacked any kind of identity type players, michael pierce was the closest thing, but a NT who barely gets to make tackles doesnt strike fear into guys the way a LB can. Harrison is probably the first true thumper the ravens have had since bart scott. now mind you im not comparing him to bart scott, im just saying hes the type who might be able to bring that fear factor and really add some edge to our front seven the way bart scott did. jameel mcclain, daryl smith, cj mosley, peanut, bynes, these guys didnt bring the pain the way a malik harrison potentially could, they were all more mentally prepared technical types, harrison will clean your goddamn clock just for fun, hes a real potential tone setter type and that element is lacking in todays NFL and is something the ravens thrived on for a very long time and just havent gotten back to having that edge.

i cant wait to see this big [profanity deleted] lower the boom on some poor QB who doesnt see him and have him seeing ghosts the rest of the game.

the clear vision from EDC and the rest of the front office this offseason is not to fill every hole in the front 7 but to turn it into a unit that's bigger, tougher, stronger, more violent, brutal etc. than the opposing offence - you can try and beat us with quicks and put yourself up against our elite secondary but you will be punished for every yard you earn by this front 7 - outside of queen, it's a unit predicated on violence

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Dam i didnt think about this one.. youre def right. We need this shit bad. That shit gives the whole defense a boost. I remember when kam chancllor used to be hitting mfs, especially vernon davis. The whole defense would just go crazy. Dam you got me wanting to see this happen now
I can’t wait to see a mf like Malik Harrison absolutely obliterate a tyreek hill on a drag route and knock his ass out the game.

I don’t wish well on tyreek hill because he doesn’t deserve it lol

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
the clear vision from EDC and the rest of the front office this offseason is not to fill every hole in the front 7 but to turn it into a unit that's bigger, tougher, stronger, more violent, brutal etc. than the opposing offence - you can try and beat us with quicks and put yourself up against our elite secondary but you will be punished for every yard you earn by this front 7 - outside of queen, it's a unit predicated on violence
I love it so much. Sadly it’s gonna take a big step back either next year or the following because Campbell won’t be here long, but for 2020 at least, this unit is not to be fucked with

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Malik Harrison on tape stands out to me. Even when I'm not looking for him I see him.

That's a good sign.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Malik Harrison on tape stands out to me. Even when I'm not looking for him I see him.

That's a good sign.

been watching some more malik harrison

a lot more. To me he's a backup NFL player who'll stick around and bounce from team to team. Now that i've watched a lot more of him, he's a 4th round pick in my eyes and we reached slightly. He's a slightly less athletic but slightly less stupid version of kenneth murray

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I can’t wait to see a mf like Malik Harrison absolutely obliterate a tyreek hill on a drag route and knock his ass out the game.

I don’t wish well on tyreek hill because he doesn’t deserve it lol
I just cant predict how good or bad will be.. doesnt look bad on tape nor good imo, so im just gonna try to stay optimistic about him

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Ahh yes, Kam Chancellor. I remember that Jimmy Graham didn't want any smoke from him every time they played in Seattle (when Graham was with the Saints, that is).

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
One bad game vs clemson and etienne. he's been excellent in the rest @JoeyFlex5
I agree, I haven’t seen his Clemson tape yet but I have not seen a bad game. And to be fair etienne is an absolute burner and you just can’t expect Harrison to handle that load. I was pissed when etienne backed out because he was the one RB in this class I truly wanted.

Harrison is an nfl caliber LB and I really can’t understand why he fell, like is it because he’s not supremely athletic? Because he’s actually pretty close to that, he’s a plus athlete all the way, he sheds, he hits, he sees, he anticipates, he’s got reach, he’s flexible, I just can’t for the life of me
Understand why he fell

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I had etienne as the best RB if he declared. I'd have wanted him over queen if he had. He's that explosive. Him and Lamar would not be fair

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Im sure we would be able to replace a 34yrs old campbell..
34 year old Campbell is still one of the freakiest and most skilled and dominant defenders in the league.

when you are a 99th percentile level of freak athlete like Campbell is, you can be in your mid 30s and still be more physically dominant than the standard young bucks hitting their physical primes. Campbell also just happens to know how to play the game better than just about any DL in the league as well.

34 year old Calais Campbell is not an easy replacement because quite simply there isn’t a talented enough player in almost any draft class.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
you mean just like replacing a 35 year old Yanda is going to be easy
Yanda was different lol.. he didnt show many signs of regression.. plus yanda played with us last year so we atleast had an idea on what to expect the upcoming year regardless of age. Campbell has yet to play a down for us and not to mention he didnt look as good as he did the year prior.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
34 year old Campbell is still one of the freakiest and most skilled and dominant defenders in the league.

when you are a 99th percentile level of freak athlete like Campbell is, you can be in your mid 30s and still be more physically dominant than the standard young bucks hitting their physical primes. Campbell also just happens to know how to play the game better than just about any DL in the league as well.

34 year old Calais Campbell is not an easy replacement because quite simply there isn’t a talented enough player in almost any draft class.
Im not saying he isnt dominant or anything however he is yet to play a down for us.. i think he will make us better for sure but im not expecting him to be like jj watt..

Reactions: cdp