• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Post-Draft Discussion Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
His situation sounds like Orlando Browns. Hopefully they don't pan out the same way since the Bills had a pretty good draft
Yeah they did, I said that when they drafted zack moss they’re low key doing good. ravens, broncos, cowboys, Vikings, bills, dolphins, jets, all had great drafts

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I’m thinking teams weren’t nearly as high on epenesa as we were.
probably dropped after his combine. Still feel he will be more than a productive pro, if used properly. His tape was much better when lined up opposite the guard.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
I'd add the browns to that list
I was really scared that Simmons would fall to the Browns. He would have been such a good check to our offense because he could cover Andrews down the seam as well as Lamar on his scrambles. Even though they got Wills instead, early tackles aren't a guaranteed success, as seen with the Bengals.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
As much as I like Queen and Dobbins, I feel Justin Madubuike was the best pick we had in the class based on where we took him and talent.

100% - he has the upside to be a superstar - for some context he ran faster than ZDS did at the combine but is 20lbs heavier - he's got lateral agility and explosive power - he doesn't deal with length amazingly well in the running game - not amazing at stacking when playing against lengthier guys but the power in his hands is ridiculous - he has no problems shedding and dominating guys when he gets hands on and is powerful enough and fast enough that he can keep himself clean so efficiently

Elliott has some nice film but i dont love his pass rushing upside in the league as much

rossihunter2

Staff Member
just like Rossi, I would have been happy with him at 28!

what he turns into is a little less certain but I think Madubuike has the upside to be the best player who comes out of this class when it's all said and done - if he hits his ceiling, i think we're looking at the best defensive lineman in this class - that being said there are some limitations that mean there's some variance to how good he'll be in the end

but to start with, he'll be a high impact rotational piece who will compete for the starting job at 3t (and to be part of our nickel and dime rush packages)

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
the only guys who gave us a so-so grade were PFF with a B

they gave the browns an A +

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I really like what they did. Picked my sleeper Markus Bailey.
They grabbed logan wilson who found out about late and started to like right before draft.. im still undecided on if i think they have 6 wins in them though.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
They grabbed logan wilson who found out about late and started to like right before draft.. im still undecided on if i think they have 6 wins in them though.
Yeah Wilson too. I took the over, kinda depends on when they start Burrow.