• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Post-Draft Discussion Thread

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
3 % of the draft will have ALl PRO selections (8-15 year careers)

5% will make a pro bowl ( 7-11 year careers)

8% will be Good football players ( 7-9 year Careers)

14% will be average (4-5 year careers)

30% will be backup/ST's below average ( 2-4 year careers)

40% will be PS or Out of the league ( 0-2 year careers)

outlier: Special Team standouts ( can have long ass careers)

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Last edited:

TheEnemy

Practice Squad
Claypool's a freak, allows Juju to move back to the slot. Good pick, but we didn't have many picks. Ravens had 6 picks in 1st 3 rounds, we had 6 for whole draft.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
trevon diggs was amazing value also - neville gallimore too
Diggs was good value but not spectacular, he belonged kinda in that range, maybe slightly higher, and I forgot they got gallimore which was a big steal.

but madubuike and Harrison as late as we got them was absurd, that crushed any value the cowboys had outside of lamb.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Claypool's a freak, allows Juju to move back to the slot. Good pick, but we didn't have many picks. Ravens had 6 picks in 1st 3 rounds, we had 6 for whole draft.
I have to be honest, I did not like claypool at all, I had him pegged as a fourth rounder, but Alex highsmith was one of my favorite defenders in this whole class, and one of my favorite rushers for the ravens since he is a freakishly explosive and flexible standup rusher who can rush from anywhere on the front, he would’ve been a dream fit in winks positionless blitz scheme

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I really like the draft but I still feel the second round was strange for me. I think there is a balance between letting the draft come to you and taking BPA and being willing to relinquish picks to get a player you are targeting.

I am usually BPA no matter what and I have no doubt that Dobbins was BPA and a value based on where he was projected. There is also a lot of smoke that suggests the Ravens might be taking Mims with their next pick in round two. The Jets felt that way apparently and our trading out suggests that might have been the case. Im speculating clearly, but based on those two things I think there is reason to speculate.

Imagine this draft instead:

1 Queen
2 Mims
2 Madubuike
3 Duvarney
3 Harrison
4 another 4th rounder that we traded w NE to leave round two
4 Ben Bredeson
5 Broderick Washington
6) Geno stone

Obviously this is realistic and I think wed be ecstatic about Mims/ Duvarney plus there is no telling who we might have grabbed in the 4th.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'd have only changed 1 thing

Round 1 (28): LB Patrick Queen, LSU
Round 2 (55): RB JK Dobbins, Ohio State
Round 3 (71): DI Justin Madubuike, Texas A&M
Round 3 (87): DE/DT Jordan Elliot, Missouri ( trade 5th rounder 170 and pick 98 to get ahead of CLE at 87 to Patriots)
Round 3 (92): WR Devin Duvernay, Texas
Round 3 (106): ILB Malik Harrison, Mississippi State ( he'd still be here) if not Troy Dye.
Round 4 (143): IOL Ben Bredeson, Michigan
Round 6 (201): WR James Proche, SMU
Round 7 (219): S Geno Stone, Iowa

Last edited:

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I really like watching the full games when studying some of these guys. You get a better appreciation of the moment overall and on a down to down basis. Makes it easier go pick up on little things that you can miss during those cut ups.

Queen was insanely impressive over his last 3 games. He did literally everything well. His coverage is just outstanding

Dobbins was a nightmare for every Big10 team he faced and if he didnt get dinged up vs Clemson they could've won. Also his "dropped" touchdown vs Clemson is a bang bang call, easily could have gone the other way imo. He really was their best player that day and did his part.

Madubuike garnered a ton of attention from offense coordinators and really affected their strategy on offense. Hed get doubled often and teams pretty much abandoned running in between the tackles some games.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I really like watching the full games when studying some of these guys. You get a better appreciation of the moment overall and on a down to down basis. Makes it easier go pick up on little things that you can miss during those cut ups.

Queen was insanely impressive over his last 3 games. He did literally everything well. His coverage is just outstanding

Dobbins was a nightmare for every Big10 team he faced and if he didnt get dinged up vs Clemson they could've won. Also his "dropped" touchdown vs Clemson is a bang bang call, easily could have gone the other way imo. He really was their best player that day and did his part.

Madubuike garnered a ton of attention from offense coordinators and really affected their strategy on offense. Hed get doubled often and teams pretty much abandoned running in between the tackles some games.

i just wish the madubuike film was more available - i had to go scouring through the dregs of twitter to find tape from other games and especially the LSU game - glad that Coach Evans has the all-22 (or at least has nicked it of someone lol) to show some clips on his breakdown

but from what i could find of the Ole Miss tape he was basically unblockable

it's my day off tomorrow - might try and put a video together on madubuike with the clips i found

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
i just wish the madubuike film was more available - i had to go scouring through the dregs of twitter to find tape from other games and especially the LSU game - glad that Coach Evans has the all-22 (or at least has nicked it of someone lol) to show some clips on his breakdown

but from what i could find of the Ole Miss tape he was basically unblockable

it's my day off tomorrow - might try and put a video together on madubuike with the clips i found
Thatd be awesome. I'm gonna try to find the replay of A&M vs LSU and just watch Quee. And Madubuike every snap.

Is his Miss st film worth watching? That was I can get him and Phillips as well

JAAM

Hall of Famer