• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2021 General Draft Thoughts

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
To me he's raw, but is a raw athlete. Great explosion, solid bend, a lot more strength than you'd expect at his size, and has a great motor.

He really hasn't played much football (two years high school, twenty total in college) so it feels like what we've seen is only the beginning of what he can become.

With good coaching, and a little time to develop he can be a ten plus sack a year type player.
and you just pointed out why I don't want to draft him, in the first round.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
and you just pointed out why I don't want to draft him, in the first round.
I mean, at the end of the round you probably aren't going to get someone that has amazing traits, experience, and high production. If a player, especially an edge rusher, has all of that then they're going earlier.

I'll take the risk on the guy with the great traits and trust my coaches to develop him.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Ole Miss has a different OC than when DK and AJ Moore came out a couple years ago. That being said, they still are in vogue and I'm not jaded anymore. I came around big time on DK and drafted him in the 1st round in the FM that year and initially thought AJ Brown would be a big slot and by draft weekend it was Hollywood, AJ and DK that were my top 3 choices in no particular order.
OC doesn’t make the prospect though if there’s production plus great film. More like the evaluations, recruiting process, and positional coaching choices these schools make at these position groups, they’ve got the formula down and they’re recruiting and developing big time NFL receivers. Might be premature to call it a trend, but it looks to be leaning towards a trend

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
just my two sense on Oweh. Don't get it at all. He shows absolutely nothing rushing the QB. Tyus Bowser was a much better football player coming out and a pretty great athlete. Raw in a lot of ways but still better and it took 3 years for him to either figure things out or for us to figure him out.
I'd take Rousseau over Oweh if Im drafting on upside.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I mean, at the end of the round you probably aren't going to get someone that has amazing traits, experience, and high production. If a player, especially an edge rusher, has all of that then they're going earlier.

I'll take the risk on the guy with the great traits and trust my coaches to develop him.
I'm hoping Phillips slides, but agree he will probably be gone. I'd thrilled with Tryon and I'd be ok if we took him in the 1st at 31 if we couldn't trade down, depending on who was available of course.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
D6185C17-973B-457C-8252-82B315485AA4.jpeg

rossihunter2

Staff Member
why do you like Oweh? I just don't see it on tape. Yes sacks aren't the be all end all, but damn no sacks at all.

Please tell me why you like him and this refers to anyone who likes Oweh for that matter.

he’s a rare freak of nature at the position - speed, power, quickness and bend - and he flashes all of it on tape - yes he’s raw but not as raw as 0 sacks would suggest

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The fact that we all like adarius washington lmao.. yea we def not drafting him lol
You ain’t lying lmfao. Really though I think we won’t draft him because he’s gonna go so much higher than media outlets are predicting and we’re just not gonna have a shot.

safety is the one position where it seems like we’ve not had a size/weight/athleticism threshold or type that we religiously stick to so if there was one position where I think we might pick an ardarius Washington type player, then it would be safety
Richie grant >>>

he’s still one of my A1 slam dunk guys.