• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Cleveland

The Raven

Veteran
Sophomore. Carr was drafted in 2014. We lost to them in 2015 and 2016. Whenever everyone(myself included) thought it would be a W. Amari Cooper was the rookie and I still laugh at the fans who said, "Pees should be fired, Carr will never amount to anything and he carved us up".
Call me a closet Oakland fan if you will but Carr is going to be the next Aaron Rodgers when his time comes

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
It wasn't about winning or losing, but a rookie qb killing us, neither Manuel nor Prescott carved us up. The bills 4 picks is why we lost that game and the cowboys run game taking over late is why we lost that one

Besides, we were without Jimmy in the Cowboys game. We saw how the "#1 defense" fell apart in road games against DAL, NYG, NE, and PIT.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Besides, we were without Jimmy in the Cowboys game. We saw how the "#1 defense" fell apart in road games against DAL, NYG, NE, and PIT.
This defense runs through jimmy and weddle. We see what happens when we don't have jimmy every year, and we saw the sharp improvement when we added a quality FS.

Even then, Prescott wasn't a game breaker, he didn't "carve us up", zeke and their OL wore us down and took over.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
This defense runs through jimmy and weddle. We see what happens when we don't have jimmy every year, and we saw the sharp improvement when we added a quality FS.

Even then, Prescott wasn't a game breaker, he didn't "carve us up", zeke and their OL wore us down and took over.
Hmmmm, from what I remember Zeke had 90yds, not what lost us the game. What lost us the game was Tavon vs Dez which is the most horrible matchup ever and our offense who started hot then completely let us down in the second half.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Hmmmm, from what I remember Zeke had 90yds, not what lost us the game. What lost us the game was Tavon vs Dez which is the most horrible matchup ever and our offense who started hot then completely let us down in the second half.
If I'm not mistaken(and I very well could be) zeke did next to nothing in the first half and after dez had his way with tavon(dez, not dak) zeke just started grinding out yards later in the game.

And yes, I remember our offense totally dying down on us.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

id argue CJ is as important as those two now given how he changes the defense both vs the run and vs the pass
i think the announcers were pretty close to the ball when they said CJ might be the best coverage linebacker in the league at this point - he just has the preternatural awareness of what's behind him in zone coverage and its a joy to watch - obviously kuechly is the best ILB in the league but i think CJ is starting to close that gap a little now

I hope we don't I.R Woodhead, I know the Ravens need three RBs out there but Woodhead is so great at his routes that he just beats linebackers mercilessly. He's the exact security blanket that Flacco could rely upon and he can be big player for usl if we make it to the post-season. 4-6 Weeks is a long time but that's before the peak of our season.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I hope we don't I.R Woodhead, I know the Ravens need three RBs out there but Woodhead is so great at his routes that he just beats linebackers mercilessly. He's the exact security blanket that Flacco could rely upon and he can be big player for usl if we make it to the post-season. 4-6 Weeks is a long time but that's before the peak of our season.

if it is 4-6 weeks then he can coast on the inactive list especially if Z needs that other i/r boomerang spot (with the other one still going to canady i assume)

i think one of Z or Woodhead is going to i/r though because if Hill and Price haven't recovered from injuries then we know 4/7 of our inactives for the foreseeable future anyway which isnt healthy in terms of bring fresh players into the rotation and essentially forces us to have at least 2 of eluemunor, williams, and the 3 DL on the actives list - while 5 may be a low number of active Dlineman - 8 is too high

if it is 4-6 weeks then he can coast on the inactive list especially if Z needs that other i/r boomerang spot (with the other one still going to canady i assume)

i think one of Z or Woodhead is going to i/r though because if Hill and Price haven't recovered from injuries then we know 4/7 of our inactives for the foreseeable future anyway which isnt healthy in terms of bring fresh players into the rotation and essentially forces us to have at least 2 of eluemunor, williams, and the 3 DL on the actives list - while 5 may be a low number of active Dlineman - 8 is too high

The Ravens can do that but he is taking up a roster spot by staying on the inactive list. Him being there could prevent a guy like Jaylon Smith or Tim Williams from seeing the field and I'm sure the Ravens want to evaluate those guys.
I really doubt Za'Darius is going to the IR. The injury apparently isn't as serious as the Ravens imagined at first hand and it seems like the issues has to do with his Ankle rather than knee. The MRI hasn't came back yet so I can't say for sure but if what Zrebeic is saying is legit then there's almost no way that happens. I feel like Woodhead is absolutely a candidate but I hope that isn't the case. As the season goes on your depth will be tested so IR-ing Woodhead might be tempting for the Ravens, especially since he hasn't proven that he can stay healthy.
I think the Ravens will place him on the inactive list but they're going consider it

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
id argue CJ is as important as those two now given how he changes the defense both vs the run and vs the pass
i think the announcers were pretty close to the ball when they said CJ might be the best coverage linebacker in the league at this point - he just has the preternatural awareness of what's behind him in zone coverage and its a joy to watch - obviously kuechly is the best ILB in the league but i think CJ is starting to close that gap a little now
I'll agree to that, and there's even proof after seeing the slump when he missed some time last year. It doesn't stand out so much because that's really the only time we've dealt with that as far as I can remember, but a lack of quality FS play plagued us for a long time, and jimmy absence has bitten us often

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The Ravens can do that but he is taking up a roster spot by staying on the inactive list. Him being there could prevent a guy like Jaylen Smith Hill or Tim Williams from seeing the field and I'm sure the Ravens want to evaluate those guys.
Fixed it for ya. Wishful thinking.

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The Ravens can do that but he is taking up a roster spot by staying on the inactive list. Him being there could prevent a guy like Jaylon Smith or Tim Williams from seeing the field and I'm sure the Ravens want to evaluate those guys.
I really doubt Za'Darius is going to the IR. The injury apparently isn't as serious as the Ravens imagined at first hand and it seems like the issues has to do with his Ankle rather than knee. The MRI hasn't came back yet so I can't say for sure but if what Zrebeic is saying is legit then there's almost no way that happens. I feel like Woodhead is absolutely a candidate but I hope that isn't the case. As the season goes on your depth will be tested so IR-ing Woodhead might be tempting for the Ravens, especially since he hasn't proven that he can stay healthy.

surely him being on the inactives list forces the ravens to play tim williams and jaylon hill not not play them... (double negatives look really weird)

and from what i understand about Z, it's ankle not knee but nothing has been said about severity other than it's not structural (which covers a wide range of severity) - and even if he does go to I/R i dont mean for the entire season - i assume if he does I/R then he's likely to be a DTR candidate

surely him being on the inactives list forces the ravens to play tim williams and jaylon hill not not play them... (double negatives look really weird)

and from what i understand about Z, it's ankle not knee but nothing has been said about severity other than it's not structural (which covers a wide range of severity) - and even if he does go to I/R i dont mean for the entire season - i assume if he does I/R then he's likely to be a DTR candidate

The Ravens are going to have to bring up another RB from the practice squad or somewhere else. I doubt they're moving on with only 2 running backs. Woodheads spot will be taken by who ever replaces him. The Ravens couldn't even find a spot for Williams and Edge is our least deepest position on defense, I'm not sure if he's going to see the field with Woodhead inactive considering that they need to bring another RB along. IRing Woodhead would give a free spot to Williams or Hill.

I'm well aware of the DTR but that's an emergency option. The NFL allows only two so you need to use it on players that you desperately need back, EXP: Gronk, Ray Lewis. If those guys go down and you already used your DTR then you have issues. I don't think Woodhead is an option there especially considering his injury problems.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm well aware of the DTR but that's an emergency option. The NFL allows only two so you need to use it on players that you desperately need back, EXP: Gronk, Ray Lewis. If those guys go down and you already used your DTR then you have issues. I don't think Woodhead is an option there especially considering his injury problems.

you dont have to designate them though - so literally you only bring back the two that you need...

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

I thought shareece wright (doesn't deserve his name to be capitalized) was the one "covering" (lmao) Dez. I remember we had them in 2 third and longs and we still couldn't get off the field.

If I'm not mistaken(and I very well could be) zeke did next to nothing in the first half and after dez had his way with tavon(dez, not dak) zeke just started grinding out yards later in the game.

And yes, I remember our offense totally dying down on us.
What was so infuriating about our offense that game was the timing of the penalties we were getting. Like we would get a false start followed by a holding call.