• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The WR Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I personally think 52 is too high but I realise that I’m lower on him than a fair few - he’s around number 60 on my board
how much is positional need/position value a factor on that board?
I’m all in with Gallup in the 2nd.
would be too, i think hes the kinda receiver we always seem to do well with, hes physical and crafty, and he can work the middle extremely well, boldin and smitty both did extremely well on deep slants/ins and smitty especially crushed it in the YAC department on those intermediate crossing routes, gallups got a really good YAC and slant game, its something were really missing.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
without thinking about who may be available in this purely hypothetical scenario... we take gallup at 52, not worrying about who we passed on for him, are yall ok with it?

also, i saw an interview of gallup, and if this dude ever had to line up against jalen ramsey for a full game there will be scratching and hair pulling, hes feminine as hell.
Lmao have you seen Pettis in an interview??? Watch his combine presser

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I would take Gallup over Pettis by a hair. Only because Gallup fills a better role on our offense but Pettis' returner value is very enticing seeing that they might brimg similar production.

Then again i think id take Miller over both.....if his foot checks out

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I would take Gallup over Pettis by a hair. Only because Gallup fills a better role on our offense but Pettis' returner value is very enticing seeing that they might brimg similar production.

Then again i think id take Miller over both.....if his foot checks out
Pettis’ return value is not even close to being enough to compensate for what Gallup would bring to the offense.

I’d take Miller over both too.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Pettis’ return value is not even close to being enough to compensate for what Gallup would bring to the offense.

I’d take Miller over both too.
Oh come on, yall act like there really is a huge difference between Gallup and Pettis. I kinda feel alone on this Pettis defence, and i like other guys more than him. I just feel like hes a little underrated here and forgotten

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Oh come on, yall act like there really is a huge difference between Gallup and Pettis. I kinda feel alone on this Pettis defence, and i like other guys more than him. I just feel like hes a little underrated here and forgotten

I don’t think there’s a huge difference - but I’m not high on either of them

And there’s no way either of them have been forgotten on this forum lol - they’re probably the 2 most discussed wrs

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
without thinking about who may be available in this purely hypothetical scenario... we take gallup at 52, not worrying about who we passed on for him, are yall ok with it?

also, i saw an interview of gallup, and if this dude ever had to line up against jalen ramsey for a full game there will be scratching and hair pulling, hes feminine as hell.
I mocked Gallup to us in round two back on February 1.
I'm sure he's a second round talent. I'm convinced he will produce and prove himself worthy of being selected there.

But it's possible that one of Washington, Miller, Gallup will be available in round three. I wish we were picking a little higher than nineteen in the third.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter

That a joke? All day long I'll be happy

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Some think he's JAG, I don't. I've been a Gallup fan since I first turned on the tape
The guy checks every boxes and despite horrible QB play and special attention from defenses has been the most productive WR in the country without any scheme help.
How can he be JAG?

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don’t think there’s a huge difference - but I’m not high on either of them

And there’s no way either of them have been forgotten on this forum lol - they’re probably the 2 most discussed wrs
Well i just feel like im the only one who views Pettis in a positive light, everyone else seems to think hes a JAG

Simba

Staff Member
My problem with Pettis is that he reminds me of (and funny enough, he's on the team now) DeVier Posey coming out. Posey was a polished route runner who wasn't the fastest or the strongest but just seemed like a solid WR at the NFL level. Pettis is basically the same guy but skinnier.

arnie_uk

Veteran
If snead signs i think we can score out wr in round 1.

I also don't think we value right tackle high enough to pick Mcglinchey

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Why would that stop us taking a round 1 wr?

All 3 of the vets we signed are on short term deals and none of our other wrs have more than 2 years left on contract (if they even make the team)

I’m not saying we will take a round 1 wr but it seems strange that getting Snead would take wr off the board - we need some young rookies at receiver and maybe it doesn’t happen in the 1st round but to rule that out entirely based on Snead seems counterintuitive to me

All 3 of the vets we signed are on short term deals and none of our other wrs have more than 2 years left on contract (if they even make the team)
I would also add that we're not the luckiest team when it comes to injuries.. You take out just 1 of the 3 newly acquired guys and you have a bottom-5 receiving core, again. I concur with you that the eventual Snead signing wouldn't alter our RD1 plan.

arnie_uk

Veteran
Why would that stop us taking a round 1 wr?

I’m not saying we will take a round 1 wr but it seems strange that getting Snead would take wr off the board - we need some young rookies at receiver and maybe it doesn’t happen in the 1st round but to rule that out entirely based on Snead seems counterintuitive to me
I think they have a postion or player in mind and have added wrs because they aren't targeting one in the first, and every other round is too difficult to predict.

If it falls right they'll take one in some round just don't think its round 1

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor

I think we have a particular WR in mind and if he's gone we probably wait. McGlinchey is terribly unsexy and you might be right. I would warm up to the idea quickly if we did draft him though.