• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @Jacksonville

Texans arent making playoffs. Got a 300 dollar bet going on with that. Them and cowboys.
And an offensive line.

I bitch and moan about our oline. But seriously. They have it worse. The Giants have it worse. The Bengals have it worse. The vikings have it worse. Seattle has it worse. The Chargers have it worse.

We're still not great. But man. Suggs is going to make Robinson his bitch.
They all have it worse. One thing I noticed about our OL is that we have the edges sealed up. Stanley and Howard are going to be solid for us and not going to give up pressure over and over again like Flowers does for NYG. Jensen should be able to handle his blocks and Hurst has been surprisingly decent. I personally think the RG position is going to be a weak spot of our team but the first two games it looked like our OL seriously upgraded from last season. I don't expect Bergstrom to be elite or even Yanda, I just want him to not suck lol.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
They all have it worse. One thing I noticed about our OL is that we have the edges sealed up. Stanley and Howard are going to be solid for us and not going to give up pressure over and over again like Flowers does for NYG. Jensen should be able to handle his blocks and Hurst has been surprisingly decent. I personally think the RG position is going to be a weak spot of our team but the first two games it looked like our OL seriously upgraded from last season. I don't expect Bergstrom to be elite or even Yanda, I just want him to not suck lol.
Hes 31 so he should be experienced. Probably why he got the nod as the next man up. If he can be solid as a run blocker. Then that may be all we need. Hes has a giant to his right and hes pretty big himself.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm still hoping, if the line is struggling in a few weeks that we trade for Carpenter or Norwell.

Hes 31 so he should be experienced. Probably why he got the nod as the next man up. If he can be solid as a run blocker. Then that may be all we need. Hes has a giant to his right and hes pretty big himself.
Yeah I think it will be a solid unit, but that's a downgrade from what it could've been which is a top 5 unit.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I lived in Europe for a total of 11 years of my life (3 in the military and 8 as a civilian w/no military ties). The jet-lag from travelling can be a monster to deal with so I am surprised that the Ravens aren't leaving until Thursday evening, then playing a physical game on Sunday morning. I thought that they'd leave today to get the a few days in advance to get adjusted to the different timezone. Guarantee you that it affects our guys somewhat. Hopefully, they can persevere and overcome it and get that "W"

GO RAVENS!

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I lived in Europe for a total of 11 years of my life (3 in the military and 8 as a civilian w/no military ties). The jet-lag from travelling can be a monster to deal with so I am surprised that the Ravens aren't leaving until Thursday evening, then playing a physical game on Sunday morning. I thought that they'd leave today to get the a few days in advance to get adjusted to the different timezone. Guarantee you that it affects our guys somewhat. Hopefully, they can persevere and overcome it and get that "W"

GO RAVENS!
They will be affected but it shouldn't be an issue, since the Jaguars are flying to London as well.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
They will be affected but it shouldn't be an issue, since the Jaguars are flying to London as well.

Umm, damn the Jaguars @allblackraven! I mentioned the Ravens did I not? That it is because they have never made that trip to play across the pond in a different time zone as such but the Jaguars team and personnel have. They know what to expect. The Raven? No! So again, hopefully, they can overcome it and get the "W".

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Umm, damn the Jaguars @allblackraven! I mentioned the Ravens did I not? That it is because they have never made that trip to play across the pond in a different time zone as such but the Jaguars team and personnel have. They know what to expect. The Raven? No! So again, hopefully, they can overcome it and get the "W".
Knowing what to expect doesn't help with jet lag my friend. Usually, the first game after a long travel isn't that bad, it gets worse if you need to do it week later as well. That's the one that will worry me - when Steelers come to town in week 4, after our two long trips.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Knowing what to expect doesn't help with jet lag my friend. Usually, the first game after a long travel isn't that bad, it gets worse if you need to do it week later as well. That's the one that will worry me - when Steelers come to town in week 4, after our two long trips.

Of course it does my brother! When I travel out West from VA, I know EXACTLY what I need to do to overcome that travel time and 3hr time difference to get acclimated to Cali time. If I don't....then it's going to be a rough trip for me-body wise. And, I'm not playing a physical sport.

So again, I"m hoping that our boys can overcome that short travel time to head out to London to play a physical game. And then, yes! I agree with you that those 2 long trips across the pond may affect our guys tremendously. But, I hope not cause my wife and I will be driving up for that Steelers game and they BETTER win cause I'm dropping some coin on the gas, hotel, food and tickets.
:D:D

Sooky

Pro Bowler
I could definitely see Eluemunor getting his first NFL start in his home country England this week after Bergstroms' shakey fill in last week.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I could definitely see Eluemunor getting his first NFL start in his home country England this week after Bergstroms' shakey fill in last week.
He hasn't even been active on game day yet.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
He hasn't even been active on game day yet.
Easily could be promoted to starting line-up if Bergstrom really is playing poorly. I mean it is a reach but you can say it is my bold prediction. The team needs a spark on the o-line with Yanda out and Eluemunor may be thrust into that guard role to do so. I also think that the team has had Bergstrom active because #1 they just traded for him and #2 position versatility. He has been a back up his entire career and while there is a bunch of unknowns around Eluemunor he was said to be playing pretty well in the offseason.

Corvus Purpura

Practice Squad
I think they'll just keep their bodies on eastern time. I've done that numerous times when flying over many time zones. I think the time difference is 5 hours between London and Baltimore. So, for example, if they're used to going to bed at 10pm, they can just go at 3 am in London and it will feel exactly the same. Maybe a little earlier just to compensate for the early game Sunday, but no need for a drastic shift to London time and back in the span of just a few days. It seems crazy to try to adjust the body to fit a time zone for just those couple of days when it's so easy just to keep oneself going more or less as if you are still at home. They still have to sit on a plane forever, but their sleep schedules will be perfectly fine. Again, I've done that many times.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
The Ravens had a top 5 o line this week. We're not the only one with o line troubles. This year, we should feel pretty fortunate. Hopefully, that Yanda loss doesn't hit us too hard this week.

EDIT

Boyle was blocking really well this game. Notably on the TD run from West. Boyle is a traditional TE. Hopefully they keep using him like they did last week, especially in the absence of Yanda.

Last edited: