• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Browns

Who Will be the Ravens starting RG?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Browns are all banged up on defense. Thanks for that bulletin board material, Sheldon. Fat fuck

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Tyre Phillips back at practice (and apparently moved well) so sounds good on that front
Pernell McPhee the only absence outside of the other 3 guys who've been missing - and it's possible that's a vet day for him

As of right now our inactives look basically all set:

Justin Madubuike
Chris Moore
Justice Hill
Ben Powers
Trace McSorely

would be surprised if those werent the 5 inactives come sunday
Harbs confirmed Moore is out for Sunday. I'm sure he'll be officially ruled as such today or tomorrow.

He sounded like its questionable if he'll return next week either.

I'm honestly not sure why he's not on IR for 3 games at this point.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Harbs confirmed Moore is out for Sunday. I'm sure he'll be officially ruled as such today or tomorrow.

He sounded like its questionable if he'll return next week either.

I'm honestly not sure why he's not on IR for 3 games at this point.

because if there's no one obvious to replace him and he's week to week there's no point standing him down
if he can go in week 3 then he'll go in week 3 - partly the reasoning is probably based around the idea that the week 3 game is a massive game so why not give these guys a chance to be healthy by then if its not a foregone conclusion and we dont need the roster spot

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
because if there's no one obvious to replace him and he's week to week there's no point standing him down
if he can go in week 3 then he'll go in week 3 - partly the reasoning is probably based around the idea that the week 3 game is a massive game so why not give these guys a chance to be healthy by then if its not a foregone conclusion and we dont need the roster spot
I guess my thought is, without looking at the PS, if Hill and Moore are two key ST contributors/returners for you, I'd be elevating somebody to fit that mold. I wouldn't be convinced Hill is any closer to returning either, so its like what's the point?

Understand the idea of "we don't have injuries, so why bother". Just think that'll be tested after game 1 or game 2.

I'm also of the mindset that the Ravens/Chiefs game isn't nearly as important as its made out to be. Its a barometer game early in the season. Normally for home-field advantage I'd agree, but even with KC having limited fan impact, I don't think home-field advantage in 2020 is going to be nearly as important as it normally is. The travel is an inconvenience, but most of these teams are playing in very limited capacity stadiums or empty stadiums with crowd noise. And I don't expect anything to happen domestically in the next 3-4 months to change that. If anything, teams that are allowing fans may scale back.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I guess my thought is, without looking at the PS, if Hill and Moore are two key ST contributors/returners for you, I'd be elevating somebody to fit that mold. I wouldn't be convinced Hill is any closer to returning either, so its like what's the point?

Understand the idea of "we don't have injuries, so why bother". Just think that'll be tested after game 1 or game 2.

I'm also of the mindset that the Ravens/Chiefs game isn't nearly as important as its made out to be. Its a barometer game early in the season. Normally for home-field advantage I'd agree, but even with KC having limited fan impact, I don't think home-field advantage in 2020 is going to be nearly as important as it normally is. The travel is an inconvenience, but most of these teams are playing in very limited capacity stadiums or empty stadiums with crowd noise. And I don't expect anything to happen domestically in the next 3-4 months to change that. If anything, teams that are allowing fans may scale back.

remember though that this year we also have the ability to activate those 2 extra practice squad guys - none of them are returners but we do have at least one special teams performer in jordan richards on the PS we can activate - we’ll miss Chris Moore at gunner but kickoff returns aren’t a fundamentally crucial part of the game in terms of playmaking

the pr department depth chart has Devin duvernay listed as the 3rd string kick off returner

it’s the kick coverage type units that will suffer more without hill and Moore and I could see that being somewhere that Jordan Richards fills in as a vet we bring up if we feel like we’re short

in terms of home field advantage - that’s not so important for the home field part of it - but the bye is important for sure now with 7th seeds added to the playoffs

JO_75

Hall of Famer

On top of that.... They are down two corners, Kevin Johnson & Greedy Williams and LB Mack Wilson is also ruled out for the game. I don't see how we don't come out with a similar performance like the Chiefs did against the Texans.

Browns 17
Ravens 45

Simba

Staff Member
IR almost doesn't make sense at this point with the ability to move guys up and down for now. If you move say, Moore to IR and elevate someone else, you then have to make a 53 man roster move and expose someone to waivers when Moore returns. With the PS elevation, you can just move Richards up and return him after if you want. Maybe you do that for 2 weeks, Moore is back, and you never once risk Richards if it's a guy you want to keep around.

It's an added wrinkle that I'm really curious to see what they do. You do have to be careful not to burn those elevations too early because it can only happen twice. Would be willing to be Richards is one of the elevations this week (and maybe onto the 53 afterwards) to provide some ST help. I was leaning Holden for the other one until Phillips returned to practice today. Not sure you really even need to elevate someone else because we have the depth elsewhere.

Inactives will likely be (with Richards being elevated)...
QB McSorley, RB Hill, WR Moore, OL Powers, DL Madubuike, ILB5/OLB5

Who else are you sitting to move someone up?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
shame we wont see madubuike, im seriously so hype to see him play. mad nervous about patrick queen, oddly not so nervous about malik harrison, really excited about tyre phillips, im very confident in deshon elliott, and despite all this confidence, im nervous as shit to face these 2 rbs and TEs

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Ahhhhhh so is it going to be Fluker or Phillips? And will either of them be good out the gate?
If phillips rolls out there with the 1s I’m gonna assume he looked VERY good, like he’s clearly the best G on the roster and it’s not even a question, otherwise harbs wouldn’t be starting him over a veteran

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
If phillips rolls out there with the 1s I’m gonna assume he looked VERY good, like he’s clearly the best G on the roster and it’s not even a question, otherwise harbs wouldn’t be starting him over a veteran

I buy that logic! I really hope it's true. Fluker makes me a little nervous.