• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Obligatory Joe Flacco Thread

flynismo

Practice Squad
Lol, we all knew Manziel was going to be a bust. Everyone except for the Browns. Good call on Evans.
Ohhhh, not all of us! I vividly remember arguing with some draft gurus about how supposedly Manziel made Evans look better than he was. Sigh...

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Ohhhh, not all of us! I vividly remember arguing with some draft gurus about how supposedly Manziel made Evans look better than he was. Sigh...
I was and still of the mindset that Evans runs a very simple route tree consisting mostly of the go route, curl, and slant. I didn't think he'd win with such a simple route tree, but I entirely underestimated how dominant he could be with his size and speed on those routes.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I heard Perriman talk about practicing routes with Joe as well. I just hope it isn't just Perriman but the whole WR corps that are getting their timings down with Flacco. If they all click, this offense will be potent and fun to watch. Especially if the run game is a threat, Joe can be very deadly.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

jonny KK

Practice Squad
It's too bad he won't have time to throw the ball with that O-line.
True, weak O line. But Flacco can get it done.
[doublepost=1495589354,1495589241][/doublepost]Perriman needs a big year!! I am hoping it is his time to step up and show off that world class speed more! Heard he has been working on his hands which were an area of concern last year and were even an issue back when he was drafted as a 1st rounder.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Saw the practice vid today and flacco still not stepping into throws. Throwing off back foot or he stepping to the side. Unless youre in denial, you should already know what this means

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Now that it is brought up. A friend recently said whenever he reads anything about QB rankings of top20 and even 1-32 that many accounts say Flaccos arm strength isn't what it was. Now joe is a QB that can afford to lose some arm strength and yet have plenty of it. But if there is any less velocity maybe it is result of bad mechanics? Would like to compare his first couple yrs to year 10. Tough to believe joe is going into year 10. lol

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Now that it is brought up. A friend recently said whenever he reads anything about QB rankings of top20 and even 1-32 that many accounts say Flaccos arm strength isn't what it was. Now joe is a QB that can afford to lose some arm strength and yet have plenty of it. But if there is any less velocity maybe it is result of bad mechanics? Would like to compare his first couple yrs to year 10. Tough to believe joe is going into year 10. lol
Year 9 actually. And arm strength fades over time, it's like speed or running power with a wr or rb. Hopefully joe does get his mechanics together so he can compensate for it

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Year 9 actually. And arm strength fades over time, it's like speed or running power with a wr or rb. Hopefully joe does get his mechanics together so he can compensate for it

Dude, he is going into year 10. Wake up have some coffee lol. Brady's arm got stronger with age. His arm was good not great coming out of college and his first several yrs.Couple yrs ago he was shown to have a cannon. Could be getting a little weaker now that he is 40.