• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good (?), the Bad and the Ugly: Week 4 Edition

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
He was awful in second half at Green Bay and had wide open players he missed, but yes, he's looked better but he also played the Browns who I have no idea how they manage to be so bad every year. Hue has them in the right direction right ? Lol Should be 0-20

The only issue with comparing catches elite WRs make for their QBs is quantifying it, I'm not sure how you can do that. Now maybe we can get their with next gen stats, i.e., this player made a catch with the ball 5 feet above him x % etc
Yeah, I mean, it's hard to quantify a catch like what Calvin Johnson did against the Cowboys that one time where he made it in triple coverage. Only Megatron makes that catch, but it just shows up in the stat sheet as a completion and touchdown and a catch and touchdown.

But the original point was that the receivers aren't dropping passes at a rate that is higher than the rest of the NFL. The Ravens receivers are dropping it at a fairly similar rate to most teams in the NFL.

We always give Flacco the excuse of his receivers not playing well regardless of who they are. Like I said before, even if the Ravens had Rice, Moss, and TO, people would criticize the receivers if Flacco wasn't doing well. It doesn't matter that you have the three best receivers ever; they're just not good.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Id bet me savings boldin or pitta catch that. Steve smith at perriman height caches that
I don't think it's as routine as Dan Fouts wanted to make it or as some here are trying to make it to defend Flacco.

Perriman had clearly committed inside and had to re-adjust his body to go back outside after committing inside and it's not an easy contortion to make.

Could a SSS, Boldin, Fitzgerald, etc. make that catch? Sure, but we're talking about some of the best hands in the NFL. This isn't a routine catch.

K-Dog

MVP
With all these injuries and MedStar Health being sponsor of the Ravens, I can't help but wonder if eventually there will be a conflict of interests.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Well, I think if you watched him in the past two games since they fired their OC, I think he's been playing light years better. Sure, having AJ Green helps a ton, but he himself has stepped up his play a lot with their new OC.

Anyway, I'm a biochemistry major and having evidence and numbers to support an argument are imperative for me. You cannot simply say, "I used the eye test," and that essentially be your argument. If you provide me with examples to support your argument and provide me with numbers to back up your claims, I will be far more likely to believe you than simply saying, "I used the eye test." Because let's be honest- the eye test has a great deal of bias and the eye test isn't often reviewed, so it can be impacted by what we want to remember, not what really happened.
Lol.....Thanks for the "critique", but I wasn't really trying to prove anything to you, only wanted to point out how silly it is to not think the Ravens' WR play hasn't made Flacco's play look worse. Seems this fact is obvious to most except for his most adamant detractors. To think our group's play has been on par with the successful offensive squads in the NFL is myopic.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Lol.....Thanks for the "critique", but I wasn't really trying to prove anything to you, only wanted to point out how silly it is to not think the Ravens' WR play hasn't made Flacco's play look worse. Seems this fact is obvious to most except for his most adamant detractors. To think our group's play has been on par with the successful offensive squads in the NFL is myopic.
You weren't trying to prove anything because you have no leg to stand on in that argument.

The Ravens skill positions are truthfully probably average or above average when compared with the rest of the NFL, but Flacco is producing like a bottom three quarterback.

Tank

Hall of Famer
You weren't trying to prove anything because you have no leg to stand on in that argument.

The Ravens skill positions are truthfully probably average or above average when compared with the rest of the NFL, but Flacco is producing like a bottom three quarterback.
No leg to stand on in what argument? The one you made up and argued? I guess not. lol

Troll elsewhere, no bites here.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
No leg to stand on in what argument? The one you made up and argued? I guess not. lol

Troll elsewhere, no bites here.
Except you argued that the receivers are dropping the ball and not bailing him out and I provided you with the WashingtonPost, Fox Sports, NBC Sports, etc are all saying that the Ravens as a team have four drops. (I know, I know- you don't care about websites that rewatch games to chart drops and you only care about your eye test.)

It's not drops being an issue, so try again.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Except you argued that the receivers are dropping the ball and not bailing him out and I provided you with the WashingtonPost, Fox Sports, NBC Sports, etc are all saying that the Ravens as a team have four drops.

It's not drops being an issue, so try again.
Except you again are cherry picking and making up an argument so you can try to seem correct when you again are not. The point was that his WRs were not helping him the way other NFL WRs help successful QB's and drops are only one piece of that which you chose to argue. No matter, carry on.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I can't defend Flacco anymore
That's the point, no one is defending Flacco here, his play has been poor. But the fact is many around him have been playing poorly as well and some just don't want to admit it.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Except you again are cherry picking and making up an argument so you can try to seem correct when you are again not. The point was that his WRs were not helping him the way other NFL WRs help successful QB's and drops are only one piece of that which you chose to argue. No matter, carry on.
Your argument was the receivers can't catch. 4 drops would argue otherwise. Clearly they're catching catchable passes.

But the Ravens shouldn't need to make near impossible passes. Flacco needs to be better.

K-Dog

MVP
Except you again are cherry picking and making up an argument so you can try to seem correct when you again are not. The point was that his WRs were not helping him the way other NFL WRs help successful QB's and drops are only one piece of that which you chose to argue. No matter, carry on.
Tank,
just stop with this guy. Stop.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Your argument was the receivers can't catch. 4 drops would argue otherwise. Clearly they're catching catchable passes.

But the Ravens shouldn't need to make near impossible passes. Flacco needs to be better.
Actually the argument was that the receivers were not helping him.
Breshad Perriman has 2 catches from 12 targets. Wallace has 9 catches from 19 targets. Just between those 2 alone there are certainly many more than 4 passes that should have been caught.

Stevie Wonder can see that Flacco needs to be better, and he can also see that the Ravens receivers need to be better as well.