• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Head Coaching Candidates

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I really don’t think John leaves. At least I don’t think that decision has been made yet, so maybe it won’t matter lol
If he wants to stay for a lame duck season, I want him out of here even more. Nothing worse than desperate coach.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think John is gone if we don't win the SB. Just too many years of missing the playoffs despite having playoff caliber talent. Moving on is what'll be best for us and Harbaugh.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
If he wants to stay for a lame duck season, I want him out of here even more. Nothing worse than desperate coach.
I think John is gone if we don't win the SB. Just too many years of missing the playoffs despite having playoff caliber talent. Moving on is what'll be best for us and Harbaugh.
Here’s where my opinion is based off of in thinking John has a very realistic chance to stay:
(Reporter: “If the team doesn’t make it to the playoffs next season, will you bring in a new head coach?”) “I’ll see you next year. I’m not going to give a ‘playoff or bust’ edict to you all, or to my coach. He’s under as much pressure, probably, than he’s ever been in his life, and I expect him to keep his chin up and take his positivity and his talents and make the most of this season. I may as well replace him now if I’m going to tell him, ‘Make the playoffs or you’re out of town next year.’ That’s just not the way to run a business.”
My impression here is he’ll decide after the season plays out and not before, which contradicts the JLC report everyone is using as their basis he’s gone. He essentially says it’s not “playoffs or bust” and talks about him wanting John to stay positive. If John has been anything it has been positive. For this reason, I’m just not on board with this popular narrative around here that John is already done here in Baltimore. Again, not saying I’m petitioning for him to stay because Steve also said in his press conference how he found the offense boring until later in the year so he could very well expect John to get rid of Marty. I just think the decision to fire John would be based on the players and how John manages them more than anything else. The players still seem to be playing hard for him and they don’t seem divided so that’s why I think he stays at present.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Here’s where my opinion is based off of in thinking John has a very realistic chance to stay:

My impression here is he’ll decide after the season plays out and not before, which contradicts the JLC report everyone is using as their basis he’s gone. He essentially says it’s not “playoffs or bust” and talks about him wanting John to stay positive. If John has been anything it has been positive. For this reason, I’m just not on board with this popular narrative around here that John is already done here in Baltimore. Again, not saying I’m petitioning for him to stay because Steve also said in his press conference how he found the offense boring until later in the year so he could very well expect John to get rid of Marty. I just think the decision to fire John would be based on the players and how John manages them more than anything else. The players still seem to be playing hard for him and they don’t seem divided so that’s why I think he stays at present.
The key to me is the “mutual” parting, John probably doesn’t wanna start over with another qb this late in his career and after being stuck at .500 over 6 seasons he is ready to move on if Steve is, plus he’s gotta fire his boy and hire another OC and that has just went so well for him in the past.

John probably just isn’t along for the ride that will be the Baltimore Ravens over the next year

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
The key to me is the “mutual” parting, John probably doesn’t wanna start over with another qb this late in his career and after being stuck at .500 over 6 seasons he is ready to move on if Steve is, plus he’s gotta fire his boy and hire another OC and that has just went so well for him in the past.

John probably just isn’t along for the ride that will be the Baltimore Ravens over the next year
We’ll see but I’m not buying it because I’m not sure it is mutual or even happening yet. I still think the decision will be made once the season concludes based on the sum of the season

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
That's it.. I'll come out and say it.

I nominate @OriolesMagicPlease to become the new coach of the Baltimore Ravens. Why not? She's just as qualified as Harbaugh was when he hired him. Her football experience is about as equal. And she also has far more common sense that Harbaugh! She understands that starting Mark Andrews would be the best move possible for this team! Granted, she might get distracted and the potential of her having a love affair would deeply upset Godell(and her husband) but why not? She could also be GM. She loves Flacco and she probably likes Lamar too, and unlike Ozzie we would actually build a unit to support Lamar under her. She may not be the offensive genius that some of these other candidates are.... But she's way funnier and will clearly have excellent judgement when hiring offensive and defensive coordinators respectively.

A vote for @OriolesMagicPlease is a vote for a better future....

Also
#Woodrum4QB

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Also, Harbaugh is clearly gone if you ask me. He hasn't lost the locker room, but I don't think Steve will deny Eric the chance to build the team in his image. Whether this is good or bad is a whole other story. I don't think it matters much as to who. I think we keep Roman on regardless, and same goes for the oline coach and James Urban. The rest of the coaches are likely gone. Roman for scheme purposes does well for the oline, and that is likely(well hopefully) the primary focus for the offseason.

Just please don't hire another special teams coordinator.. All I ask

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Also, Harbaugh is clearly gone if you ask me. He hasn't lost the locker room, but I don't think Steve will deny Eric the chance to build the team in his image. Whether this is good or bad is a whole other story. I don't think it matters much as to who. I think we keep Roman on regardless, and same goes for the oline coach and James Urban. The rest of the coaches are likely gone. Roman for scheme purposes does well for the oline, and that is likely(well hopefully) the primary focus for the offseason.

Just please don't hire another special teams coordinator.. All I ask
Asst will be up to the coach we hire. I’m hoping he has enough sense to atleast keep James Urban, but would be good with Roman and the OL coach as well.

O

OriolesMagicPlease

That's it.. I'll come out and say it.

I nominate @OriolesMagicPlease to become the new coach of the Baltimore Ravens. Why not? She's just as qualified as Harbaugh was when he hired him. Her football experience is about as equal. And she also has far more common sense that Harbaugh! She understands that starting Mark Andrews would be the best move possible for this team! Granted, she might get distracted and the potential of her having a love affair would deeply upset Godell(and her husband) but why not? She could also be GM. She loves Flacco and she probably likes Lamar too, and unlike Ozzie we would actually build a unit to support Lamar under her. She may not be the offensive genius that some of these other candidates are.... But she's way funnier and will clearly have excellent judgement when hiring offensive and defensive coordinators respectively.

A vote for @OriolesMagicPlease is a vote for a better future....

Also
#Woodrum4QB

Lmao! You know I can't even argue with any of this (except for the Woodrum part, lol).

First: I would get Lamar everything he needs and more to succeed, whatever that is.
Second: I would jazz up the sideline with some better fashion.
Third: Mark would have to hold my hand whenever I did the after game press interviews.
And I would so fire my coordinators/friends if they didn't produce.

But I really don't want the job. So....NEXT!

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Lmao! You know I can't even argue with any of this (except for the Woodrum part, lol).

First: I would get Lamar everything he needs and more to succeed, whatever that is.
Third: Mark would have to hold my hand whenever I did the after game press interviews.

And your husband won't have a problem with this?! Matter of fact, I think Andrews already has a girlfriend LMAO.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I was really hoping the Saints would suck this year so we could grab Payton when he was fired :(

JAAM

Hall of Famer
What about Eric Bieniemy?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
What about Eric Bieniemy?

would be a risk - he doesnt call plays and never has done - he's great at making the gameplans with Reid etc. but Reid is calling the plays - it's not a flat-out no but that's a bit of a risk to come in and be a head coach

albeit we might be able to get mike kafka to come with bieniemy and be our OC (although KC might want to promote him to OC if Bieniemy leaves

but that could mean nothing

Freddie Kitchens was a RB coach and as OC of the Browns has completely changed that offence in 3 weeks...

O

OriolesMagicPlease

And your husband won't have a problem with this?! Matter of fact, I think Andrews already has a girlfriend LMAO.

It doesn't matter to me if Mark has a girlfriend or not. I would only want him there for moral support.Those press conferences after a tough loss are brutal.

A little hand holding is nothing compared to keeping Cam and Juan and Marty for so long!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

could we have some sales for some of the tickets

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Is the consensus in the NFL world that Lincoln Riley is going to the Browns?

Dunno, heard that’s the cowboys top candidate. But cowboys won 3 straight and at the top of their division so...