• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Head Coaching Candidates

O

OriolesMagicPlease

I was wondering how long it would take you to notice this and what your comment was going to be.
I figured there was enough negativity around here and decided to be kind. Tis the season, lol.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Not true! I'm a giver! Especially around the holidays.
giphy.gif

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm assuming at this point it doesn't matter whether we make the playoffs or not Harbaugh is not coming back. If this is correct, we've talked about a few options. DeFillipo, LaFleur, McDaniels.

If Eric DeCosta feels McDaniels had a good enough reason not to go to the Colts AND he feels like he has matured since his last opportunity, then I would have nothing against bringing him in. He's a brilliant offensive mind that teaches the Erhardt Perkins Offensive system, which is the easiest to learn and Lamar Jackson played within this system in college so he will already be familiar with the verbiage. Also, McDaniels was a huge fan of Lamar Jackson and I believe he would want an opportunity to coach him.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm assuming at this point it doesn't matter whether we make the playoffs or not Harbaugh is not coming back. If this is correct, we've talked about a few options. DeFillipo, LaFleur, McDaniels.

If Eric DeCosta feels McDaniels had a good enough reason not to go to the Colts AND he feels like he has matured since his last opportunity, then I would have nothing against bringing him in. He's a brilliant offensive mind that teaches the Erhardt Perkins Offensive system, which is the easiest to learn and Lamar Jackson played within this system in college so he will already be familiar with the verbiage. Also, McDaniels was a huge fan of Lamar Jackson and I believe he would want an opportunity to coach him.

mcdaniels burnt those bridges down - its new england or bust for him now

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor

Why do you think Harbaugh isn’t coming back? I feel very confident he will be back more and more. I’d honestly be more surprised if he doesn’t come back. Maybe that’s because I really think we have a shot at and will win the division. If we win the division, he’s coming back.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
mcdaniels burnt those bridges down - its new england or bust for him now
It's quite possible and I don't know the reasons, however if Eric Decosta feels the reasons were ok, then I'd want the best for my team.

Do we really feel DeFillipo or laFleur would be better?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Why do you think Harbaugh isn’t coming back? I feel very confident he will be back more and more. I’d honestly be more surprised if he doesn’t come back. Maybe that’s because I really think we have a shot at and will win the division. If we win the division, he’s coming back.
I just have a gut feeling and I could be wrong.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It's quite possible and I don't know the reasons, however if Eric Decosta feels the reasons were ok, then I'd want the best for my team.

im not sure at the moment - im not 100% harbs is gone anymore - not sure how i feel about that either way at the moment

i havent been mightily impressed with the gameplans from any of the top HC candidates on both the offensive and defensive sides of the ball this year though

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
im not sure at the moment - im not 100% harbs is gone anymore - not sure how i feel about that either way at the moment

i havent been mightily impressed with the gameplans from any of the top HC candidates on both the offensive and defensive sides of the ball this year though
I’m fine with it but I want Marty gone because I just don’t have much faith in him. Then again I also don’t know if we can do better because we’ve seen some really bad OC. I would really like Kubiak here to help Lamar because can you imagine what he could do with him? I think Kubiak would really bring Lamar along but I also feel like that’s a wish that’ll never be.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I’m fine with it but I want Marty gone because I just don’t have much faith in him. Then again I also don’t know if we can do better because we’ve seen some really bad OC. I would really like Kubiak here to help Lamar because can you imagine what he could do with him? I think Kubiak would really bring Lamar along but I also feel like that’s a wish that’ll never be.

im not sure kubiak's offence could ever be run out of a majority shotgun snap basis

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
there is a problem with bringing in Kubiak, as good as he is. Kubiak runs a full ZBS system and I'm not sure how Zeus, Jr. would fit in that system. Sure Stanley and Yanda would work, but we all know the rest need to changed anyway, plus he doesn't run that much Shot gun.

I have the feeling Harbs is also brought back if we make the playoffs. Especially if we win the division. While i was definitely in the group of wanting a fresh start with an offensive mind i won't be disappointed as long as they promote Greg Roman to OC or bring in a new mind (highly doubt that happens) If they keep Harbs and M**** i might lose a little faith before next season even starts.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
im not sure kubiak's offence could ever be run out of a majority shotgun snap basis

there is a problem with bringing in Kubiak, as good as he is. Kubiak runs a full ZBS system and I'm not sure how Zeus, Jr. would fit in that system. Sure Stanley and Yanda would work, but we all know the rest need to changed anyway, plus he doesn't run that much Shot gun.
That’s true. I don’t think it’ll happen personally partly due to reasons you stated. I just think he does a very good job teaching QB and developing them. I also don’t want a complete overhaul because I like what Roman and Urban are doing so far

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor

I'd rather have none of the above.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have been a Harbaugh critic for awhile now .I don't think hes a good clock manager and some of his hires have been mediocre but I have to say
that I think he has done a fairly good job this year considering the Flacco injury and had uprighted the freefall we had prior to the bye week.

Let's see how the rest of the season goes.