• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Head Coaching Candidates

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This is a reason why I never thought he would be fired. His players always play for him and he has the uncanny ability to keep them focused. Sure we missed the playoffs for a couple years and 3 of 4, but we are on our way back.

So just as I always say, stay focused “It’s Never As Good or As Bad as it May Seem.”

and it just goes to show that 2 consecutive good drafts can turn a franchise around as long as you have a qb

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
He hasn't lost his locker room. He deserves a lot of credit for this because a lot of teams have broken down at the point we're at, now we're actually talking about contending for a Super Bowl title, lol.
Exactly.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
This is a reason why I never thought he would be fired. His players always play for him and he has the uncanny ability to keep them focused. Sure we missed the playoffs for a couple years and 3 of 4, but we are on our way back.

So just as I always say, stay focused “It’s Never As Good or As Bad as it May Seem.”

Never saw him getting canned this off season. Only if he failed next year.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
its either mcdaniels or keep harbs for me

No on harbs. We need a coach that keep his foot on the gas pedal. Not just run it under 4 mins, up by 3 and try that bend don’t break philosophy. Time for a fresh change

McDaniels isn’t coming here. He’d go to a team where he can get his QB and Flacco isn’t going anywhere.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
This is four of the last five years that the Ravens have missed the playoffs and three years straight. Sure, they did it this time with a winning record (for the first time since 2014), but the Ravens clearly are not moving in the direction they need to.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Can always draft his guy and develop him behind Flacco for another year or two.
We are not in position to draft a QB worth a damn and the developing thing doesn’t work as often as it could.

We should not take a QB early this year. And I wouldn’t bank a developmental guy

JO_75

Hall of Famer
This is four of the last five years that the Ravens have missed the playoffs and three years straight. Sure, they did it this time with a winning record (for the first time since 2014), but the Ravens clearly are not moving in the direction they need to.

I feel as if we don't fire Harbs tomorrow, it would be like if we hadn't fired Billick after 2007 and kept Billick another year.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think Harbs is fine with good coordinators. He does tend to suck at finding good ones though. If we miss the playoffs next year though, Harbs will have to go.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I think Harbs is fine with good coordinators. He does tend to suck at finding good ones though. If we miss the playoffs next year though, Harbs will have to go.

I think that's the thing, how many coordinators does he get to hire before you have to look in the mirror and realize your the problem? The many offensive coordinators we have had is pretty alarming, the different systems we have had with 0 consistency on offense. That's why I said this is the perfect time to fire him with Pees retiring and Marty gone as well. This way we can bring in a new HC with new OC/DC.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think that's the thing, how many coordinators does he get to hire before you have to look in the mirror and realize your the problem? The many offensive coordinators we have had is pretty alarming, the different systems we have had with 0 consistency on offense. That's why I said this is the perfect time to fire him with Pees retiring and Marty gone as well. This way we can bring in a new HC with new OC/DC.
Please!

JO_75

Hall of Famer

I'm finally going to bed so hopefully we'll wake up to some good news and hopefully a fresh start for the 2018 season or we'll realize 2018 will only end the same way 2016 & 2017 did with broken hearts and a lot of stress through out the year.