• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @Oakland

Interesting. I want this team to have redemption against a Manuel-led team. That loss in 2013 hurt BAD.

But watch EJ Manuel become the second coming of Dante Culpepper and Steve Young.
I don't think this defense will go like that but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I don't think this defense will go like that but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Our offense notoriously struggles more on the road than at home, but now it's a moot point. I think more of the same will happen and our defense will go from bending to breaking.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well, our run "defense" is subpar without Brandon Williams so we'll be sure to make him look like Prime Beast Mode.
They run up the middle and bounced outside at will with Williams out. I don't believe for a minute that this would have happened with him playing.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Ravens don't travel well at all! And, if they can put that type of putrid, offensive and inept offense on the field and lose to their arch rivals-the Pittsburg Steelers...at home, in front of their family, friends and we fans?

Then get your popcorn ready cause I fully expect more of the same from them if not worse in Oakland! The Ravens...and in particular Joe Flacco and the offense are just not good enough.

Oh! I also heard Harbaugh say that the team will not fly out West until Friday? Friday? See, to me, it's that's type of b.s. that got their asses handed to them in London. That's a 3 hr timezone change. I feel that every time I fly to L.A. I feel sleepy, tired, lethargic and sluggish at times throughout the day until I've had a few days to adjust. And, I'm not playing a physical game. I'd have them leave no later than Thursday morning.

Last edited:

jboy19

Pro Bowler
Let's not count the Raiders out yet. Derek Carr's injury doesn't change how the Ravens have struggled against the run in the past 2 weeks. The Raiders offense without Carr may be equal to Jacksonville's with a better OL.

IMO this team needs to win the next two, or we're in trouble. There is no way we should drop a game to a Manuel led Raiders and if we can't beat the Bears at home, that's an issue.

Expect road losses to MIN and TEN before hitting the bye. Sandwiching a win vs. MIA between those two road losses becomes another necessity. Do that and we head to the bye at 5-4 ... I'll consider us OK.

Then comes the true challenge ... 4 straight games that will be all losses if we play anything like the way we've played of late. Gotta survive that at 2-2 and then see if we can prevent playing down to 3 relatively bad opponents to finish out at 10-6.

To me, that's the pathway to the playoffs. But of equal probability is a complete meltdown and a lost season. I think we find out over the next couple weeks.

Let's not count the Raiders out yet. Derek Carr's injury doesn't change how the Ravens have struggled against the run in the past 2 weeks. The Raiders offense without Carr may be equal to Jacksonville's with a better OL.
Not counting them out, just saying that if we can't capitalize on this clear opportunity then I'm afraid we could very quickly be looking at a lost season.

IMO, we are at something of a crossroads. I could see us righting the ship winning some winnable games and squeaking into the playoffs. I could also see the potential for a meltdown that gets the FO to deem that the situation calls for an out-right 2-3 year rebuild.

A LOT of this depends on Flacco. I'm done with the excuses. If he is unable to elevate the play of the players around him at all, then he doesn't deserve to consume such a dominant chunk of the teams available resources. This is a put up, or shut up time for him. All grace points he's earned in that SB win have been spent. Either he shows us he is worth keeping or we need to draft his replacement next year, period.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Ravens don't travel well at all! And, if they can put that type of putrid, offensive and inept offense on the field and lose to their arch rivals-the Pittsburg Steelers...at home, in front of their family, friends and we fans?

Then get your popcorn ready cause I fully expect more of the same from them if not worse in Oakland! The Ravens...and in particular Joe Flacco and the offense are just not good enough.

Oh! I also heard Harbaugh say that the team will not fly out West until Friday? Friday? See, to me, it's that's type of b.s. that got their asses handed to them in London. That's a 3 hr timezone change. I feel that every time I fly to L.A. I feel sleepy, tired, lethargic and sluggish at times throughout the day until I've had a few days to adjust. And, I'm not playing a physical game. I'd have them leave no later than Thursday morning.
My hope is that Oaklands D isn't as good as Pitt but does it really matter with this offense? Also I'm assuming Mack has a field day as our line is a complete and utter joke. Flacco's INT streak continues most likely and Collins fumbles again, Perriman either runs the wrong route or drops a pass or let's be honest probably both , Maclin gets no separation, no one does for that matter , Wallace drops a streak again and someone on the line gets injured.

But maybe, just maybe, they'll show some pride and play better??

Not likely. They can win if the D dominates and allows us to play a boring field position game, I'm so sick of this damn team. This is what happens when you miss in the draft perpetually , this is what happens when your biggest playmaker is .. Well I don't even know, we made one play all year, the rub route in Cincinnati.

Man this team is so depressing, but it should be less depressing when you expect pure incompetence.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
My hope is that Oaklands D isn't as good as Pitt but does it really matter with this offense? Also I'm assuming Mack has a field day as our line is a complete and utter joke. Flacco's INT streak continues most likely and Collins fumbles again, Perriman either runs the wrong route or drops a pass or let's be honest probably both , Maclin gets no separation, no one does for that matter , Wallace drops a streak again and someone on the line gets injured.

But maybe, just maybe, they'll show some pride and play better??

Not likely. They can win if the D dominates and allows us to play a boring field position game, I'm so sick of this damn team. This is what happens when you miss in the draft perpetually , this is what happens when your biggest playmaker is .. Well I don't even know, we made one play all year, the rub route in Cincinnati.

Man this team is so depressing, but it should be less depressing when you expect pure incompetence.

That's real my friend! And, that is definitely where I'm at with this team, especially, with the offense. I'm sick of'em! Been sick of'em for a few season now actually. This season is just putting the exclamation point on it for me! Blow the whole damn thing up....starting with Flacco....and then bring some dogs in here that hate to lose and want to win and that play like it!

Last edited:

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
They run up the middle and bounced outside at will with Williams out. I don't believe for a minute that this would have happened with him playing.

Oh no. I remember last season when PIT played in BAL, Bell didn't do shit against us (the Christmas game in PIT was a different story), but for whatever reason, they still continued to use run with him until like the 8 minutes or so when they started passing it everywhere.

Given how we struggled these past two weeks, I don't think anyone in their right mind should count the Raiders out......in Oakland.

Not counting them out, just saying that if we can't capitalize on this clear opportunity then I'm afraid we could very quickly be looking at a lost season.

IMO, we are at something of a crossroads. I could see us righting the ship winning some winnable games and squeaking into the playoffs. I could also see the potential for a meltdown that gets the FO to deem that the situation calls for an out-right 2-3 year rebuild.

A LOT of this depends on Flacco. I'm done with the excuses. If he is unable to elevate the play of the players around him at all, then he doesn't deserve to consume such a dominant chunk of the teams available resources. This is a put up, or shut up time for him. All grace points he's earned in that SB win have been spent. Either he shows us he is worth keeping or we need to draft his replacement next year, period.

I think regardless of what happens for the rest of the season, we need to draft his eventual replacement next year. I mean, look at how Alex Smith has stepped his game up this season since they drafted Mahomes. I hope we can have similar luck.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

With a trashy QB and inept offense, who in the hell would even consider counting out the Carr-less Raiders at home against the Ravens? :huh: :wacko:

The reality is that their opponents (i.e. bengals, browns, jaguars, steelers etc.) or the "injuries" or who "isn't playing" on their team doesn't matter. The Ravens offense is pure trash! They are not good enough to compete with the "better" teams.

Not one offensive player (minus Yanda) puts fear in the hearts of defenses. No RB's, no TE's, no WR's and DEFINITELY NOT the damn QB! He's the biggest joke of them all! Blow the whole thing up and bring in some dogs that want to win and play like it!

Last edited:
Oh no. I remember last season when PIT played in BAL, Bell didn't do shit against us (the Christmas game in PIT was a different story), but for whatever reason, they still continued to use run with him until like the 8 minutes or so when they started passing it everywhere.

Given how we struggled these past two weeks, I don't think anyone in their right mind should count the Raiders out......in Oakland.

I think regardless of what happens for the rest of the season, we need to draft his eventual replacement next year. I mean, look at how Alex Smith has stepped his game up this season since they drafted Mahomes. I hope we can have similar luck.
Funny I mentioned the Alex Smith parallel in another thread. It is very conceivable that we go that route this offseason - in which case it will be clear that Flacco's days in Baltimore are numbered.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Funny I mentioned the Alex Smith parallel in another thread. It is very conceivable that we go that route this offseason - in which case it will be clear that Flacco's days in Baltimore are numbered.
Definitely missed it then. It's beyond apparent that change is needed and needed soon. How soon? Remains to be seen, but the sooner the better. I've been a proud member of the Flacco "fanclub" for quite some time, but I'm quickly losing confidence in him. I understand that it's not all his fault and I respect that he holds him accountable, but at what point, does he do something about it? I gotta wonder what Steve is thinking and if he's losing patience with Flacco, Harbs, etc.

Last edited:
One thing to note, in coverage Eric Weddle and Tony Jefferson have a grade of 81.6 and 71.5 respectively. While that's not up to what we expected, it's not as bad as what I imagined. Weddle and Jefferson have improved since game 1 in coverage but where they really have not done well in is against the run, with Weddle posting a grade of 32.7 while Jefferson received a score of 38.4. This is very surprising because these two are known for being very stout against the run. Weddle I think had one missed tackle last season I believe or something of that nature. Jefferson on the other hand is known for being a top dog against the run so his grade is a surprise, I don't totally agree with it, but I don't have access to any of the past games so I can't determine anything.

That said, the duo has not been that great to start the season, the run grade from PFF is definitely encouraging as it shows that their issues are certainly fixable. I think once Weddle-Jefferson-Mosley get it together and get back to the high level of play we're accustomed to seeing from them, we're going to see this defense unfold.

I'm somewhat a critic of PFF and don't endorse their grades, but I do hold some high regard for their defensive grades.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
That's real my friend! And, that is definitely where I'm at with this team, especially, with the offense. I'm sick of'em! Been sick of'em for a few season now actually. This season is just putting the exclamation point on it for me! Blow the whole damn thing up....starting with Flacco....and then bring some dogs in here that hate to lose and want to win and that play like it!

I still want to see us try to go hard all in on offense next year to give Flacco one last chance on his potential last year, I mean we can't feasibly sign a vet QB while still paying for a franchise one. It's possible Flacco restructures too to bring in more talent after seeing the light this year.