• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @Oakland

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
One thing to note, in coverage Eric Weddle and Tony Jefferson have a grade of 81.6 and 71.5 respectively. While that's not up to what we expected, it's not as bad as what I imagined. Weddle and Jefferson have improved since game 1 in coverage but where they really have not done well in is against the run, with Weddle posting a grade of 32.7 while Jefferson received a score of 38.4. This is very surprising because these two are known for being very stout against the run. Weddle I think had one missed tackle last season I believe or something of that nature. Jefferson on the other hand is known for being a top dog against the run so his grade is a surprise, I don't totally agree with it, but I don't have access to any of the past games so I can't determine anything.

That said, the duo has not been that great to start the season, the run grade from PFF is definitely encouraging as it shows that their issues are certainly fixable. I think once Weddle-Jefferson-Mosley get it together and get back to the high level of play we're accustomed to seeing from them, we're going to see this defense unfold.

I'm somewhat a critic of PFF and don't endorse their grades, but I do hold some high regard for their defensive grades.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrFPJt14s0nJ6px7mpWIQCw/videos

This channel has all our games this year if you want to rewatch it.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm not interested in drafting a quarterback high in order to "push", Flacco.

I'm especially not interested in drafting a viable back up..... We are in need of a starting quarterback going forward.

If a franchise guy is identified I expect him to take the job from Flacco. We could play Woodrum right now and the offense would look no worse.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
With everyone at an all time low, I sincerely hope they show some pride and prove us wrong.

I'm not discounting any dissenting opinions everyone is right to be venting, I'm just expressing my wishes. Flacco is my favorite player believe me this has been killing me. But also, many of us said this might happen when we went all in on defense again.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
Not practicing: B Williams, Watson, M Williams, Webb and J Smith.
Hill is practicing.

Last edited:

Tank

Hall of Famer

I agree. We atleast need to start looking for his replacement or a viable backup. What we have seen from Flacco the last couple of years can't continue.

Drafting a QB is not the thing that has improved Alex Smith. There's 3 main reasons he has improved and their names are Kareem Hunt, Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce.

Tru11

Practice Squad
Drafting a QB is not the thing that has improved Alex Smith. There's 3 main reasons he has improved and their names are Kareem Hunt, Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce.

alex smith improved well before hunt and hill where drafted.
he had a good season at KC before Kelce emerged also
heck he wasent bad either in his last 2 seasons in san fran.

ironicially alex smith started to improve the moment kaepernick got drafted and jim harbaugh became the HC in the 2011 season.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Don't get me wrong, those guys have their hand in him improving, however Andy Reid had a big part of it and he was playing well before all three of those guys arrived.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
Not practicing: B Williams, Watson, M Williams, Webb and J Smith.
Hill is practicing.
It looks like J Smith’s absence is non injury related and Jeff Zriebec doesn’t believe it’s anything serious with Webb.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Don't get me wrong, those guys have their hand in him improving, however Andy Reid had a big part of it and he was playing well before all three of those guys arrived.
Agreed, but those 3 guys are ballin out this this year and are a huge reason for the Chiefs and Smiths early success this year.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

None of those players are making the proper reads and throws for Alex bro! None of them! Are they doing their thing? Absolutely! Does it help? Sure! But the reality is that Alex, has stepped his game up considerably and he's playing lights out! The question and focus is, has Flacco? Absolutely not! He's regressed since winning the SB! It's quite obvious!

Now for me, the reality is that Flacco's pathetic game play goes way beyond his not having a "this" or "that" at his disposal cause he's STILL responsible for leading the offense even if it is a rag tag unit! He is the so-called, "Leader of the Franchise" and with that comes a heavy responsibility. He doesn't have it man!

On ESPN's "NFL Live" in their segment called; "Contenders" or "Pretenders" former NFL player Damien Woody stated; "The Ravens are pretenders. JOE FLACCO! Boy! It just hasn't looked good for the Baltimore Ravens. He (Flacco) seems like so far away from the guy that won a Super Bowl. Umm, he's so far removed from that....."

Again, Flacco himself said; "I SUCKED TODAY!" Well, believe the man! Cause I do!

Last edited:

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I agree. We atleast need to start looking for his replacement or a viable backup. What we have seen from Flacco the last couple of years can't continue.

That's why I posted it @RavensMania. Flacco has been to "comfy" at the QB spot. He needs someone to push him. Why? Because of the term; "Iron sharpens Iron". Mallett is the answer for the push. Flacco knows it! Get a hungry and young lion in here to breath down his neck. Send a message that we're not going to keep putting up with your b.s. game play.

Tank

Hall of Famer
None of those players are making the proper reads and throws for Alex bro! None of them! Are they doing their thing? Absolutely! Does it help? Sure! But the reality is that Alex, has stepped his game up considerably and he's playing lights out! The question and focus is, sas Flacco? Absolutely not! He's regressed since winning the SB! It's quite obvious!

Now for me, the reality is that Flacco's pathetic game play goes way beyond his not having a "this" or "that" at his disposal cause he's STILL responsible for leading the offense even if it is a rag tag unit! He is the so-called, "Leader of the Franchise" and with that comes a heavy responsibility. He doesn't have it man!

On ESPN's "NFL Live" in their segment called; "Contenders" or "Pretenders" former NFL player Damien Woody stated; "The Ravens are pretenders. JOE FLACCO! Boy! It just hasn't looked good for the Baltimore Ravens. He (Flacco) seems like so far away from the guy that won a Super Bowl. Umm, he's so far removed from that....."

Again, Flacco himself said; "I SUCKED TODAY!" Well, believe the man! Cause I do!

Not sure what your point is Mili, but OK. The jist of the article you posted was suggesting that Smith’s early successes this year may be due to the Chief’s drafting Mahomes in the first round. My point was that I think the play of Hunt, Hill and Kelce is what has elevated his play this year.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not sure what your point is Mili, but OK. The jist of the article you posted was suggesting that Smith’s early successes this year may be due to the Chief’s drafting Mahomes in the first round. My point was that I think the play of Hunt, Hill and Kelce is what has elevated his play this year.

My point was very clear. You must have paid someone to help you miss it @Tank? Something that I wouldn't put past you when discussing Flacco playing like ass. :lol::lol:

Seriously though, I didn't disagree with you about the play of Hunt, Hill or Kelce "aiding" Alex. I agree! They are ballin'. However, my point is that you can't so quickly diminish Alex improving his own game by pubbing up theirs. Alex has obviously elevated his game while Flacco has regressed in his at an accelerated rate since winning the SB. The article simply suggests as food for thought that the possibility of Alex playing so well "might have" had something to do with his knowing that his replacement (either sooner or later) is breathing down his neck. Interesting thought.

There is and has been NO ONE to push Flacco. Not even my boy Tyrod Taylor! Flacco is way too "comfy" as the Ravens QB. Mallett isn't the answer for a push! Flacco needs that competition. Why? Because of a simply phrase; "IRON SHARPENS IRON!"
And, who in their right mind wouldn't want their QB to be sharpened?

Tank

Hall of Famer
My point was very clear. You must have paid someone to help you miss it @Tank? Something that I wouldn't put past you when discussing Flacco playing like ass. :lol::lol:

Seriously though, I didn't disagree with you about the play of Hunt, Hill or Kelce "aiding" Alex. I agree! They are ballin'. However, my point is that you can't so quickly diminish Alex improving his own game by pubbing up theirs. Alex has obviously elevated his game while Flacco has regressed in his at an accelerated rate since winning the SB. The article simply suggests as food for thought that the possibility of Alex playing so well "might have" had something to do with his knowing that his replacement (either sooner or later) is breathing down his neck. Interesting thought.

There is and has been NO ONE to push Flacco. Not even my boy Tyrod Taylor! Flacco is way too "comfy" as the Ravens QB. Mallett isn't the answer for a push! Flacco needs that competition. Why? Because of a simply phrase; "IRON SHARPENS IRON!"
OK, sounds good. But IMO a possibly better way to see improvement in Flacco’s play would to have an O line and 3 guys perform like Hunt, Hill and Kelce.

Seems to me that in the past any time Joe has played well he and the offense get into a rhythm, up tempo, and getting a ground game going to set up play action. He’s never done well when others around him are sucking. Confidence seems huge part to his game.

Last edited:

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
OK, sounds good. But IMO a possibly better way to see improvement in Flacco’s play would to have an O line and 3 guys perform like Hunt, Hill and Kelce.

Seems to me that in the past any time Joe has played well he and the offense get into a rhythm, up tempo, and getting a ground game going to set up play action. He’s never done well when others around him are sucking.

Again, I agree with you wholeheartedly. But, I also acknowledge that others around Joe don't do well either when Joe himself, is the one sucking! Can the offense turn it around? Sure they can. But the real question for me is; will they? And it is that mystery of not knowing or even believing in whether or not they can or will that says to me, "Based upon how consistent they have been (from previous seasons that also seem to be bleeding over into this season as well) at playing horrendously, you can't trust Flacco or this offens....period!"

Tank

Hall of Famer

I’ve been rooting for T Rod and the boys big time! Buffalo needs to sweep those candy asses in Massachusetts so they don’t get the easy road into the post season they usually have. That’ll fix their boat! lol.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’ve been rooting for T Rod and the boys big time! Buffalo needs to sweep those candy asses in Massachusetts so they don’t get the easy road into the post season they usually have. That’ll fix their boat! lol.

Well, you already know that I'm rooting for Tyrod! That goes with out saying. He's struggled in his game play at times as well and just like with Flacco, I've smoked his game play on the Bills boards. Ole' Mili is an equal opportunist. :lol: