• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Quarterback thread

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Now that the Jets traded up to the 3rd spot, I think the Browns should take their QB at #1 because I see no threat of Barkley being taken by the Giants or Jets. They could get their QB of choice and Saquon.

Last edited:

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I've seen that James Urban was at Josh Rosens Pro day. He was one of the first to talk to Rosen after the throwing session. My dream ist still alive. It's around 1:53.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I've seen that James Urban was at Josh Rosens Pro day. He was one of the first to talk to Rosen after the throwing session. My dream ist still alive. It's around 1:53.

i really dont understand how this guy isnt thought of as the undisputed best qb in the draft - he's a beautiful thrower of the football and he throws with timing, precision and he's obviously very intelligent

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
i really dont understand how this guy isnt thought of as the undisputed best qb in the draft - he's a beautiful thrower of the football and he throws with timing, precision and he's obviously very intelligent
He also has pocket presence, can navigate a pocket with the best one, great footwork.....

He's got ego but his entire thing reminds me more of a Phillip Rivers than Jay Cutler

rossihunter2

Staff Member
He also has pocket presence, can navigate a pocket with the best one, great footwork.....

He's got ego but his entire thing reminds me more of a Phillip Rivers than Jay Cutler

im not even sure it's ego per se - he's just an independent thinker which i dont think NFL coaches and gms really like
the way he plays im not even sure the pros are gonna be a huge leap for him especially as his receivers and oline likely improve in the nfl compared to what he had in college - if he doesnt go number 1, he'd better go number 2

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter

Doesn't mean anything, sorry. I mean, we had a private workout with Paxton Lynch too.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Doesn't mean anything, sorry. I mean, we had a private workout with Paxton Lynch too.
You can hold a private workout and decide you don't like the guy enough to draft him...

It means we are interested in Rosen enough for our QB coach to be there. It means something, sorry. Even if that something is so small and completely irrelevant because he will never fall to us and we aren't gonna draft him.

Don't be so close minded.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
You can hold a private workout and decide you don't like the guy enough to draft him...

It means we are interested in Rosen enough for our QB coach to be there. It means something, sorry. Even if that something is so small and completely irrelevant because he will never fall to us and we aren't gonna draft him.

as a former wr coach it's also possible that he was there to see jordan lasley and help out bobby engram...
or he was part of a larger contingent of ravens who were there to review the other UCLA players like Kolton Miller and urban went to see Rosen as a by-product

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter

It's not being close minded, every team evaluates every player, it's a given if you want to get the best feel of how the draft will unfold.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler

Rosen and Chad Kelly are my favorite QBs EVER coming out. I would trade pick 16 the round2 pick and Humph to trade up to draft him. Next Brady or Manning my opinion

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Rudolph has really great awareness and movement in the pocket. Really hits seam route throws with great zip and accuracy.
Crazy completion percentage on his deep throws.
Nice touch on corner fades in the red zone.

Forces some throws in the red zone, not pin point placement. I believe his perceived lack of arm strength is tied to technique and is correctable. Needs time under center
I like him.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Rudolph has really great awareness and movement in the pocket. Really hits seam route throws with great zip and accuracy.
Crazy completion percentage on his deep throws.
Nice touch on corner fades in the red zone.

Forces some throws in the red zone, not pin point placement. I believe his perceived lack of arm strength is tied to technique and is correctable. Needs time under center
I like him.
Ya hes really smart too. Great body build. Voice carries and seems hed comand the huddle really quick. I think he has enough arm strength but he does need to work at being more consistently accurate with ball placement on deep tight window throws.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Great interview. Lamar Jackson is just a kid but it seems like he has the right mindset. He loves the grind you can just tell. Im just not sure if hes the type of leader Desaun Watson is. I love this kids talent and demeanor. I really think hes going to surprise people on just how productive he will be

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ya hes really smart too. Great body build. Voice carries and seems hed comand the huddle really quick. I think he has enough arm strength but he does need to work at being more consistently accurate with ball placement on deep tight window throws.

i hate watching rudolph because he's got talent and weapons but he's so frustrating to watch at times - his accuracy and ball placement as you say can be troubling and i actively struggle watching some of his film lol - he has a propensity to make some ugly plays which is annoying because he has some potential to develop - id say he's probably the last guy in the draftable qbs who i expect to have a serious chance at being a starting qb - i imagine some coach somewhere is gonna love him and decide he can do wonders and we may see him get taken in the 2nd or maybe even the end of the 1st...