• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 Free Agency

Simba

Staff Member
Clive Walford was cut from the Raiders.

What do you guys think?

I'd take a shot largely because I don't think he'll cost much. He's probably a guy you don't have to guarantee much, if anything, to and you can cut him in camp if it doesn't work. Always a guy that was supposed to break out and never did.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Two first rounders for Odell. Get it done Ozzie. Too bad you'll probably pick a run stuffing DT at 16 though.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
When did Ozzie do either of those two?
I'm being facetious. Besides, there's no one who will be available at 16 that would come in and make as much of an impact as Odell would

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm being facetious. Besides, there's no one who will be available at 16 that would come in and make as much of an impact as Odell would
A WR for 2 1st rounders and that’s asking for QB money when his contract is up? Hell no.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
A WR for 2 1st rounders and that’s asking for QB money when his contract is up? Hell no.
He's not getting 20 million lol

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Even if he got 12 million (he will get more) I wouldn’t give 2 1st rounders for a WR. That’s insane.
You wouldn't do that for any WR in the history of the NFL in their prime? Randy Moss, Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson, AB?

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I remember certain guys liking him a lot pre draft as their number one tight end but I haven't followed him enough since then.
He definitely hasn’t lived up to his hype. But he’s the kind of TE we need. He can be a decent blocker and threaten the defense downfield.

Reportedly there’s tons of interest in him from teams, but I’d be down to throw him a cheap contract, because he’s still young and he’s still got potential. We definitely need all the help we can get at TE

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
You wouldn't do that for any WR in the history of the NFL in their prime? Randy Moss, Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson, AB?
Odell doesn’t belong in the same sentence as most of those guys.

And still..maybe not.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Odell doesn’t belong in the same sentence as most of those guys.

And still..maybe not.
I'd put him on the same planet as AB. But hey, let's settle for the Perriman's and Chris Moore's of the world.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'd put him on the same planet as AB. But hey, let's settle for the Perriman's and Chris Moore's of the world.
AB being the guy that is allowed to be in the same sentence lol.

Just because we shouldn’t trade 2 first round picks for one WR doesn’t mean we have to settle for Moore and Perriman. That kind of thinking makes no sense. Good teams don’t trade 2 first round picks for a WR who’s contract is ending soon. Good teams draft good WRs.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
AB being the guy that is allowed to be in the same sentence lol.

Just because we shouldn’t trade 2 first round picks for one WR doesn’t mean we have to settle for Moore and Perriman. That kind of thinking makes no sense. Good teams don’t trade 2 first round picks for a WR who’s contract is ending soon. Good teams draft good WRs.

That explains our situation then. Not necessarily true though. Eagles basically built their wrs through FA. Amendola was a FA and they traded for Cook. Falcons picked up Gabriel and Sanu. Teams might get 1 good guy and build around them. We can't find that one DECENT guy.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
That explains our situation then. Not necessarily true though. Eagles basically built their wrs through FA. Amendola was a FA and they traded for Cook. Falcons picked up Gabriel and Sanu. Teams might get 1 good guy and build around them. We can't find that one DECENT guy.
Yeah I meant the elite WRs mainly. Every once in a while a big #1 WR is available on the market, but most of the time they come with problems or concerns (Jeffery last year, Robinson, Watkins etc). But the absolute best way to get an elite receiver is through the draft. Not trading multiple high picks for one.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Yeah I meant the elite WRs mainly. Every once in a while a big #1 WR is available on the market, but most of the time they come with problems or concerns (Jeffery last year, Robinson, Watkins etc). But the absolute best way to get an elite receiver is through the draft. Not trading multiple high picks for one.
I don't need to tell you about our track record with drafting WRs. I'd rather trade multiple picks for Odell and be set for 10 years than keep missing on WRs and wasting 1st rounders