• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 Free Agency

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I can't see Dez choosing us. We are not a fashionable team and with very little chance of winning anything next year.
Just don't see it.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I’m torn about signing Bryant. Part of me is super excited, part is worried that he could end up a dud similar to Maclin.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I can't see Dez choosing us. We are not a fashionable team and with very little chance of winning anything next year.
Just don't see it.

You know every other team in the market for him is worse off and in many cases not by a little bit.

Sam

Practice Squad
Dez over snead all day. Our red zone offense would be amazing, especially if we get one of the top TE’s.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I’m torn about signing Bryant. Part of me is super excited, part is worried that he could end up a dud similar to Maclin.

I rather have Snead than Dez, so I hope we make an offer and see if it is matched.

I agree with both of you, feel we may be better off with Snead. Younger, quicker, better hands. Then I think that Bryant could have a new life here and that Garrett and Dak were holding him back.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I agree with both of you, feel we may be better off with Snead. Younger, quicker, better hands. Then I think that Bryant could have a new life here and that Garrett and Dak were holding him back.
He is younger and probably has better hands but he isn't quicker, even at Bryants age now. Snead is pretty slow.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
He is younger and probably has better hands but he isn't quicker, even at Bryants age now. Snead is pretty slow.
I don’t have the numbers but if you watch them, snead looks quicker than Bryant. No that isn’t everything, but Bryant’s catch rate the last few yrs has been 50% and he may fit our offense better than Bryant. Would I mind Bryant, absolutely not, especially if we could get a friendly deal and still draft some young wr talenr high in the draft.

Tru11

Practice Squad
Dez over snead all day. Our red zone offense would be amazing, especially if we get one of the top TE’s.

you need to reach the redzone first and not by punting....

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just don't see it.
I get the same sense but I've been surprised in the past. I think Weddle and Jefferson are pretty adept recruiters. I can only wish our QB had the ability or interest to do the same. It wouldn't hurt for him to use the press forum to encourage Dez to choose Baltimore but I guess he doesn't see it as his job.
In one sense I totally agree with you. The Ravens are no longer a sexy destination for any player wanting to redeem his status, especially not a WR.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I get the same sense but I've been surprised in the past. I think Weddle and Jefferson are pretty adept recruiters. I can only wish our QB had the ability or interest to do the same. It wouldn't hurt for him to use the press forum to encourage Dez to choose Baltimore but I guess he doesn't see it as his job.
In one sense I totally agree with you. The Ravens are no longer a sexy destination for any player wanting to redeem his status, especially not a WR.
I guess that’s why we were able to sign 2 good receivers this offseason?

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i mean joe was fairly effusive (as effusive as joe gets) in his praise for bryant - he talked about him as boldin-esque which anyone who's seen anything of flacco at his best knows is a huge compliment

weddle has apparently reached out to dez too (and has not said whether dez has got back to him or not at all)

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Just don't see it.

The Ravens aren't fashionable but I don't know anything about them having a very little chance of winning anything next year especially not in April. Dez Bryant may want to go to a winning team and The Ravens may not seem like that type of team right now but there were close to making the playoffs last year. I think Bryant also may want to go to a team that's going to also allow him to be himself and I think The Ravens have that type of team and culture in the locker room. Bryant type personality is something The Ravens aren't too new with dealing with and embracing.

Simba

Staff Member
We aren’t making an offer. Been obvious to me since he came in twice and left with no offer.

Could be waiting on Dez though. I’d lean towards you being right, but I still wouldn’t be shocked if an offer sheet was signed tomorrow.