• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 Free Agency

Simba

Staff Member
In certain other sports some teams are happy to look past certain stuff to sign the player while others are more stringent. Could that be the case here or am I being naive when it comes to the NFL?

It’s twofold.

1. Each team has a different physical. What he doesn’t pass here, he could easily pass somewhere else.

2. When you’re guaranteeing a guy who hasn’t proven much, that much money, you might be a little more stringent, especially with an injury guarantee in there.

Regardless, I don’t think this is a move because Crabtree became available. I wouldn’t even say buyers remorse. Just being cautionary and everything else that happened surrounding it makes it look bad. Ozzie, even with 1 year left, isn’t going to make a dumb move like that to erase all of the respect they have across the league - and the league realizes that too.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
This Ryan Grant stuff isn't really uncommon, just the delay from the legal tampering period makes it look shady. Deals fall through all the time over FOs being uncomfortable with injuries, then other teams will sign the guy.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
That’s pretty pathetic that desperate for Crabtree turning 31!! That is the equivalent of having a fat chic over and not wanting her to leave. That’s about the best analog lol
If we thought that way, we'd never have Smith, Boldin, Mason.etc...

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Might do us good if Joe were occasionally to get in On the recruiting.

Joe is not that type. He is pretty separate from what goes on with this team on a recruiting level. The only priority for him is picking up his paycheck, being professional and that is it. He doesn't care about who he is playing with. Will say all the right things and act like it's no big deal. well it isnt, for him, because he and his familly are set for 20 lifetimes.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
That’s pretty pathetic that desperate for Crabtree turning 31!! That is the equivalent of having a fat chic over and not wanting her to leave. That’s about the best analog lol

whats wrong with being 31? Being 31 isn't what it used to be. Athletes are far better conditioned. If you're a really good player ( barring bad injuries) you're still doing your thing at 31.

You're pretty immature sounding for a 30 something year old that you claimed to be. You sound like an angry teenager.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah as soon as we failed grant this has been my fear - that after all the promise I was feeling on Thursday morning with grant, brown and Crabtree on his way to visit but alas we could be down to nothing
No way he doesn't sign. I'll be surprised if he doesn't mug the Ravens a little.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
whats wrong with being 31? Being 31 isn't what it used to be. Athletes are far better conditioned. If you're a really good player ( barring bad injuries) you're still doing your thing at 31.

You're pretty immature sounding for a 30 something year old that you claimed to be. You sound like an angry teenager.

This is very very true.