• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 Free Agency

Simba

Staff Member
i'm dissapointed about the O line. It's where i want our identity to be.

Again, look at the market. What is left is pretty much garbage. The FA OL class as a whole was weak. That's why below average players are getting paid.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Again, look at the market. What is left is pretty much garbage. The FA OL class as a whole was weak. That's why below average players are getting paid.

ok i'll make it more clear. I don't like how low we set the bar on the O-line -quality wise ( our FO/Harbaughs obsession with lewis and hurst for instance being treated like they are great players and they are not)

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
ok i'll make it more clear. I don't like how low we set the bar on the O-line -quality wise ( our FO/Harbaughs obsession with lewis and hurst for instance being treated like they are great players and they are not)

So Harbs should have said "Our starting RT is just worthless. He is just awful and should probably do us a favor and retire." Would that have worked better for you?

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
So Harbs should have said "Our starting RT is just worthless. He is just awful and should probably do us a favor and retire." Would that have worked better for you?

I'd have liked

We're looking to upgrade our O line, I like our depth coming into this year but we're looking to make this a strength of our football team''

in the most polite of ways.

YES

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Yup. Not too worried about the press conference. It tells me that RT is our top priority. If we do end up signing one of the RFAs we brought in, honest to god I think that 2/3 picks in the first three rounds are going RT and C. I can live with Lewis at Guard even if that's horribly misusing him as he wasn't a total liability.

McGlinchey seems like a ravens type of a pick. He has literally all the same issues stanley had coming out of school and well... Stanley has turned out pretty damn good for us.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
Yup. Not too worried about the press conference. It tells me that RT is our top priority. If we do end up signing one of the RFAs we brought in, honest to god I think that 2/3 picks in the first three rounds are going RT and C. I can live with Lewis at Guard even if that's horribly misusing him as he wasn't a total liability.

McGlinchey seems like a ravens type of a pick. He has literally all the same issues stanley had coming out of school and well... Stanley has turned out pretty damn good for us.

McGlinchey is probably my favorite name I've seen at 16. Really hope he lasts that long.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor

Only thing is. How often does the top OT in the draft fall to 16?

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
I actually prefer Connor Williams. Brings more power and edge to right tackle. And a better athlete. Last year he bulked up far to much!! And he is one of those dudes that didn't need to bulk up to 330 lbs to play strong. In 2016 he was big enough at 315. Cuz it was a lean 315. He actually hurt his explosion, strength and flexibility by over bulking. In the NFL you r gonna c the 2016 Connor Williams.

What is going on with Cameron Metedith?? If we signed him the WRs would be awesome. I did not know he was a free agent this year. I would prefer him over Robinson. Similar size skills but a more explosive route runner and smarter and more focused than Robinson. If ravens signed him. Then draft Williams round1 and maybe Wynn is available round2 and offense looks better than it ever did.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm okay if we draft a great linemen in the first round but it matters way more to me about who else is left around. I will flip my shit if somehow Ridley Drops and we pass on him. I really don't love a lot of guys who will be around our pick. I wouldn't even be upset if we traded back 10 picks and only gained like a fourth. Atleast it would be reasonable to draft a good tightend or Moore instead of reaching. I just can't feel safe going into the season with John Brown as our second passing game option.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I actually prefer Connor Williams. Brings more power and edge to right tackle. And a better athlete. Last year he bulked up far to much!! And he is one of those dudes that didn't need to bulk up to 330 lbs to play strong. In 2016 he was big enough at 315. Cuz it was a lean 315. He actually hurt his explosion, strength and flexibility by over bulking. In the NFL you r gonna c the 2016 Connor Williams.

What is going on with Cameron Metedith?? If we signed him the WRs would be awesome. I did not know he was a free agent this year. I would prefer him over Robinson. Similar size skills but a more explosive route runner and smarter and more focused than Robinson. If ravens signed him. Then draft Williams round1 and maybe Wynn is available round2 and offense looks better than it ever did.
Meredith is a rfa, but wouldn't require any compensation. I believe we are going to put in an offer and the Bears would have 5 days to match any offer.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
I actually think Micheal Floyd could be a good fit for The Ravens but it all depends on if he's over his alcohol addiction.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Also per Yates:

Also part of that tryout: Saints RFA WR Willie Snead. If he signs an offer with another team, New Orleans can match it or lose him for no compensation.
Snead or Meredith would solidify the corps for me to want to focus on mainly TE and oline for the draft. I wouldn’t touch a WR not named Ridley or Moore until round 3. Snead is one of the most low key but best slot WRs in the Nfl and would be actually be a damn good scheme fit here