• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2021 NFL Head Coach and GM Openings

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Interesting point by Schefter. It does seem Wentz is staying in Philly as the updated tweet says GM Howie Roseman thinks Adam Gase could fix Carson Wentz.

for what it's worth mike garafolo's not ruling out pederson to the jets but has been pretty clear that he thinks it's far more likely to be someone else

and if howie roseman thinks adam gase can fix a QB then jeffrey lurie deserves all the hardship that comes to that organisation

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
for what it's worth mike garafolo's not ruling out pederson to the jets but has been pretty clear that he thinks it's far more likely to be someone else

and if howie roseman thinks adam gase can fix a QB then jeffrey lurie deserves all the hardship that comes to that organisation
I hope they hire Adam Gase. I can't stand the Eagles.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i cannot believe that pete carroll is this obsessed with running the football - that's got to be the philosophical difference here right?
he did this a couple years ago as well. Carroll's head is going to explode if it hasn't already.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
i cannot believe that pete carroll is this obsessed with running the football - that's got to be the philosophical difference here right?
Is it him or Schottenheimer?

I've been saying for a few years that I think that organization either hates offensive line, doesn't understand how important they are, and/or can't develop or identify quality play there to save their lives.

The only reason that group should be focusing on running the ball so much is because, despite how great Wilson is at scrambling and avoiding hits, he will 100% get killed behind that Oline throwing 40+ times a game.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Is it him or Schottenheimer?

I've been saying for a few years that I think that organization either hates offensive line, doesn't understand how important they are, and/or can't develop or identify quality play there to save their lives.

The only reason that group should be focusing on running the ball so much is because, despite how great Wilson is at scrambling and avoiding hits, he will 100% get killed behind that Oline throwing 40+ times a game.

they've wasted so many high draft picks in recent years on players who had no right being drafted high (and got unlucky on a couple of guys who didn't work out - one because he was in an RV accident)

but they're getting very little production out of their drafts - DK Metcalf (and Damien Lewis this year) are really the exceptions to the rule

they haven't been picking offensive linemen high and when they have they haven't panned out

it's a testament to russell wilson's effectiveness that they've been this good of a football team despite wasting so many picks

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
they've wasted so many high draft picks in recent years on players who had no right being drafted high (and got unlucky on a couple of guys who didn't work out - one because he was in an RV accident)

but they're getting very little production out of their drafts - DK Metcalf (and Damien Lewis this year) are really the exceptions to the rule

they haven't been picking offensive linemen high and when they have they haven't panned out

it's a testament to russell wilson's effectiveness that they've been this good of a football team despite wasting so many picks
They're one of the only successful teams I've seen in recent memory who seemingly don't care one bit about the NFL draft. Like they hit on players, but they trade draft picks like chess pawns just to move around the board.

Jamal Adams is a great player, but you never see teams make those kinds of deals for Safeties. They don't have a first round pick for the next two years and its going to be hard to develop that roster a lot better.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
They're one of the only successful teams I've seen in recent memory who seemingly don't care one bit about the NFL draft. Like they hit on players, but they trade draft picks like chess pawns just to move around the board.

Jamal Adams is a great player, but you never see teams make those kinds of deals for Safeties. They don't have a first round pick for the next two years and its going to be hard to develop that roster a lot better.

tbf to them maybe them giving up those 2 1st round picks for adams is an acknowledgement that they probably would have wasted those 1st round picks anyway like they've done with countless top picks over the last decade

but the pats are the only other comparable team - they just have a board and a philosophy on picking players that's so different to any other team in the league

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Looks like we accelerated Titans OC Arthur Smith leaving the team. He's been busy since the playoff loss and is currently the favorite to land in Atlanta.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The Ohio State Jaguars coming soon?

This could be a mistake of massive proportions. Especially since they have the number one pick. IMO, Urban Meyer isn't an NFL caliber coach. Now watch him draft Fields over Lawrence. I would laugh for the rest of the year.