• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

What Would You Do if You Were Ozzie?

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
For me it's rather simple. Go BIG on the O line this year.. We could make Norwell our Priority and Draft Nelson

Stanley, Norwell, Yanda, Nelson, Lewis/Howard /2nd or 3rd round draft pick

Suddenly we have an Identity. I like Yanda at C. Esp at this stage of his career.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
For me it's rather simple. Go BIG on the O line this year.. We could make Norwell our Priority and Draft Nelson

Stanley, Norwell, Yanda, Nelson, Lewis/Howard /2nd or 3rd round draft pick

Suddenly we have an Identity. I like Yanda at C. Esp at this stage of his career.
We are all asking up Norwell and for good reason, but I doubt he even sees the open market.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
We are all asking up Norwell and for good reason, but I doubt he even sees the open market.

In that case pay Jensen and

Stanley, Q.Nelson, Jensen, Yanda, 2nd round tackle.

Alex Lewis is not the answer but this FO...sadly they don't see what I see..i fear.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I havent seen a G prospect as good as Q.Nelson in a long long time. He's like zach martin on drugs.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
In that case pay Jensen and

Stanley, Q.Nelson, Jensen, Yanda, 2nd round tackle.

Alex Lewis is not the answer but this FO...sadly they don't see what I see..i fear.
No one is overpaying Jensen, but I’m hoping we extend him.

You have us taking Nelson in the first and a tackle in the 2nd. When do you have us taking a wr.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
No one is overpaying Jensen, but I’m hoping we extend him.

You have us taking Nelson in the first and a tackle in the 2nd. When do you have us taking a wr.

3rd round..and get someone from PFF or hire a steelers scout before the draft to make the pick

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ok, so you would like Norwell and Landry or extend Jensen. Where is the money coming from. There is something called the salary cap.

it's doable if we make the right cuts. (mostly vet players) i checked on overthecap and i put in some pretty dam good contracts for norwell and landry.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
it's doable if we make the right cuts. (mostly vet players) i checked on overthecap and i put in some pretty dam good contracts for norwell and landry.
Did you take into account dead cap. I like using spotrac but both are good.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
They just signed their other guard to a massive deal this offseason. I see no way they can afford this guy too. I think he hits the market, I just question signing him. I think we need a major upgrade to the pass rush. The only way we ever get pressure is by a full blitz, mostly cb blitz. With Suggs probably retiring after 2018, we are even more screwed. I can't say I know what to do, but Tim Williams and Tyus Bowser haven't done shit in the rush, and nothing tells me they will.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
They just signed their other guard to a massive deal this offseason. I see no way they can afford this guy too. I think he hits the market, I just question signing him. I think we need a major upgrade to the pass rush. The only way we ever get pressure is by a full blitz, mostly cb blitz. With Suggs probably retiring after 2018, we are even more screwed. I can't say I know what to do, but Tim Williams and Tyus Bowser haven't done shit in the rush, and nothing tells me they will.
Yeah you definitely see less of the 2 OLB rushes like we used to. With Bowser and Judon you see them going into coverage more than anything. Makes me miss the Dumervil-Suggs pass rush a couple years ago when both were healthy together.