• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @Tennessee

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Well, we can also hope Pittsburgh drops one and we beat them back, then it's a race.
TBH I think our only shot at the playoffs is rooting for the Steelers. I think they might lose again the Pats, and maybe us, and to tie them we would have to win out (not happening) if they can beat teams like the titans and Texans, it will help us in the long run. We need to win every game except two, and I think those loses would come against Pitt and against Houston. Get that wild card and I'd be a happy guy

rossihunter2

Staff Member
so the injury news is positive:

joe was on the practice field and didnt look like he was being held out of any particular part so that looks like as far as i can tell virtually a guarantee he'll be able to play on sunday

west, camp and mathews were not practicing again so i guess they are all probably still too injured to play this weekend (will have to wait for the injury report but none of them have practiced since missing time

boyle, jimmy, chuck clark and michael pierce all didnt practice either - feel like jimmy is probably a rest day and hopefully the others are too but that feels less likely - pierce has had a large workload as has boyle so hopefully they are just having a rest day too - cant see why chuck clark would need one so i have to imagine he's got an injury

maclin, jensen, mayle, stanley and webby all wearing non-contact jerseys - have to think that's precautionary with jensen and stanley whereby we cant afford two of our best 3 offensive linemen going down - mayle might being in non-contact jersey must be part of him coming back from his concussion from this week - again bodes well that he'll be ok to go this weekend - maclin and webby also probably the equivalent of rest days for them i feel - a way of practicing with less risk of injury hopefully

on more positive note: maxx and timmy williams were practicing - gotta think timmy both will be active on sunday if they practice all week

not too many new names out of practice - a lot of questions but not too many doubts i imagine come injury report time

Tank

Hall of Famer
so the injury news is positive:

joe was on the practice field and didnt look like he was being held out of any particular part so that looks like as far as i can tell virtually a guarantee he'll be able to play on sunday

west, camp and mathews were not practicing again so i guess they are all probably still too injured to play this weekend (will have to wait for the injury report but none of them have practiced since missing time

boyle, jimmy, chuck clark and michael pierce all didnt practice either - feel like jimmy is probably a rest day and hopefully the others are too but that feels less likely - pierce has had a large workload as has boyle so hopefully they are just having a rest day too - cant see why chuck clark would need one so i have to imagine he's got an injury

maclin, jensen, mayle, stanley and webby all wearing non-contact jerseys - have to think that's precautionary with jensen and stanley whereby we cant afford two of our best 3 offensive linemen going down - mayle might being in non-contact jersey must be part of him coming back from his concussion from this week - again bodes well that he'll be ok to go this weekend - maclin and webby also probably the equivalent of rest days for them i feel - a way of practicing with less risk of injury hopefully

on more positive note: maxx and timmy williams were practicing - gotta think timmy both will be active on sunday if they practice all week

not too many new names out of practice - a lot of questions but not too many doubts i imagine come injury report time
Wallace?

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Looking at this matchup. I feel like our offensive line should give Flacco plenty of time to throw the ball. The titans are near the bottom of the league with only 11 sacks on the year. Their total defense is near the middle yet they allow an average of 24.7 points per game. They dont get after the qb. Dont cause many turnovers. And allow a lot of points.

This LOOKS like it should be a good matchup for us considering our offense is beginning to get healthy. Maybe all these concussions to flacco, perriman, and wallace will knock off the troubles and get our deep passing game going again. Hopefully. Flacco should have plenty of time in the pocket to take some shots

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Looking at this matchup. I feel like our offensive line should give Flacco plenty of time to throw the ball. The titans are near the bottom of the league with only 11 sacks on the year. Their total defense is near the middle yet they allow an average of 24.7 points per game. They dont get after the qb. Dont cause many turnovers. And allow a lot of points.

This LOOKS like it should be a good matchup for us considering our offense is beginning to get healthy. Maybe all these concussions to flacco, perriman, and wallace will knock off the troubles and get our deep passing game going again. Hopefully. Flacco should have plenty of time in the pocket to take some shots
We need that offense Sunday. Their offense matches up very well with our defense. I don't want anyone to think this is a great defense just because we were able to shut down the only offense worse than ours with a 3rd string qb on a short week. I think they could run all over us, it is very important to get ahead early and force them to throw.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
We need that offense Sunday. Their offense matches up very well with our defense. I don't want anyone to think this is a great defense just because we were able to shut down the only offense worse than ours with a 3rd string qb on a short week. I think they could run all over us, it is very important to get ahead early and force them to throw.
Matt Moore isnt a 3rd string QB. He was the second string, then tannehill goes down. Then hes the starter. Then Jay Cutler comes in and Matt Moore is then again the second sting. Never has he been a 3rd string QB

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter

Yeah, and their rushing offense has taken a step back recently. If we can stop them from running I have this penciled as a W.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Matt Moore isnt a 3rd string QB. He was the second string, then tannehill goes down. Then hes the starter. Then Jay Cutler comes in and Matt Moore is then again the second sting. Never has he been a 3rd string QB
3rd choice 3rd string... semantics

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
If our run D shows up again then I like our chances. Mariota still makes a ton of mistakes with the football and if he has to test our secondary then I think he's good for a couple of turnovers. It looks like Flacco is going to play as well so that will be a plus if he can build on his start to the Miami game. Other than all that, give Collins the rock and good things should happen. I'm cautiously optimistic about this game....

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
If our run D shows up again then I like our chances. Mariota still makes a ton of mistakes with the football and if he has to test our secondary then I think he's good for a couple of turnovers. It looks like Flacco is going to play as well so that will be a plus if he can build on his start to the Miami game. Other than all that, give Collins the rock and good things should happen. I'm cautiously optimistic about this game....
I am too. It's not a good thing to be optimistic for our team this year, but we seem to match up well with them. Their secondary should let us air it out as much as possible while their run D shouldn't be good enough to stop us from riding Collins. On the other side, if we can slow down their rushing attack they shouldn't be able to move the ball against our secondary.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor

You have to be at this point. I feel like everytime we feel confident they find a way to disapoint. Like I said their pass rush is non existent. Which is usually a good sign for our offense

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Bwill needs to play like he did in Miami. STUFF THE RUN. Should be the message this entire week at practice. Force them into 2nd and long and 3rd and long and good things should happen for this team.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I am too. It's not a good thing to be optimistic for our team this year, but we seem to match up well with them. Their secondary should let us air it out as much as possible while their run D shouldn't be good enough to stop us from riding Collins. On the other side, if we can slow down their rushing attack they shouldn't be able to move the ball against our secondary.

That's really the key to our defense this year. If we stop, or at least slow down, the run then we can dominate teams. It's not all Williams' fault for missing those games, but if he never got hurt then I think we would be at least 5-3 right now and in a much better spot.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
That's really the key to our defense this year. If we stop, or at least slow down, the run then we can dominate teams. It's not all Williams' fault for missing those games, but if he never got hurt then I think we would be at least 5-3 right now and in a much better spot.
Absolutely, this holds true for the entire season. This is how our defense is based. Don't let them run. Force them into 3rd and long. Don't allow anything on obvious passing downs.