• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The MLB Offseason Thread

O

OriolesMagicPlease

I’m not sure there will be a hometown discount
Wait...you're an insider. You should know these things. :p

So Josh Donaldson got 23 million for one year. Wow. I wonder what that does to the Harper/Manny market.

O

OriolesMagicPlease

Harpers making that this year.

Yes, I think the highest paid player makes 30 million or so a year, not sure, David Price maybe? Harper is going to say "Well, I am way better than that scrub Donaldson, so I should get paid way more." :p

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yes, I think the highest paid player makes 30 million or so a year, not sure, David Price maybe? Harper is going to say "Well, I am way better than that scrub Donaldson, so I should get paid way more." :p

Theres no way a player should make 30 mil a year especially a pitcher who plays once every 4 or 5 games. That's like a million a start. We need to trade Machado. He's gonna want 25 mil atleast.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Lol, yeah

It will come down to the Nationals, Dodgers and Cubs

O

OriolesMagicPlease

Theres no way a player should make 30 mil a year especially a pitcher who plays once every 4 or 5 games. That's like a million a start. We need to trade Machado. He's gonna want 25 mil atleast.

It may seem outrageous, but that is the market.

O

OriolesMagicPlease

Manny's moving to short. Beckham is going to suck at third, trust me.

Pats

Veteran
I interrupt FA talk with some big news. The MLB is forcing the Cleveland Indians to change their "offensive" logo next season. MLB has decided that it is "no longer appropriate".

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ya...mlb-says-no-longer-appropriate-180820312.html

MLB caved into political correctness oh boy.
What a disgrace, the whiners always get what they want. I hope clevelands misery of misfortune never turns around now. They can enjoy their basic Block C logo.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

Pats

Veteran
^^ I personally think the redskins logo looks awesome, the only good thing about the team. And the blackhawks and indians logos while a bit goofy are still cool looking and charismatic.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The Rangers have traded Seahawks QB Russell Wilson to the New York Yankees. Well ok his rights have been traded to the Yankees.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Snyder is probably laughing at the fact the Indians caved while he's been sranding firm on his stance. At least Snyder has a damn backbone and isn't caving in to anyone.
Red skin is not what people think it means. I have a friend who is 50% Cherokee Indian. Red Skin comes from the salt of the earth and has nothing to do with skin color.. This Cherokee Indian doesn’t live in this area and never grew up here yet he roots for the redskins. The people that started the issue against the redskins are the Oneida Indians who are not real Indians at all. What I mean by that is that they are immersed in white culture. The hold regular jobs.

Don’t even compare the Cleveland Indians logo which is a racist depiction of Indiana as being red to the redskins name or even the redskins logo which was designed by a Native American.