• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2021 NFL Draft Gameday Draft Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
hard to say who to root for (realistically) given that our pick is 61 slots away and i have no idea how the league views some of these guys

but some guys i really like for those 3rd round picks who might be there:

S Ar'Darius Washington
S Jamar Johnson
CB Kelvin Joseph
OT Jackson Carman
OT Jaylen Mayfield
OT Spencer Brown
OT Brady Christensen
OT Stone Forsythe
OT Walker LIttle
OG Deonte Brown
OG Aaron Banks
Id add Kary Vincent to the list even though i highly doubt he falls that far

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Right. We need to add a starting RT (likely through FA) and add depth. That's the objective, I think.

In an optimal world, you'd have kept Bozeman at LG and brought in a quality Center. While that's not impossible to happen today or tomorrow, it also becomes less and less likely as the draft goes on.

We need two Tackles. That's what I would want to come out of the next few weeks with. I would consider a line of Brown/Powers/Bozeman/Zeitler/Veteran to likely be on par or maybe slightly worse than last year's "optimal 5". We should be better at Center and RG, but weaker at RT. This, though, assumes that Bozeman is a competent Center.

The challenge is depth. Again, nobody can feel good about Phillips as your swing tackle, and while I don't think the depth on the interior is terrible, it could be stretched thin if you have multiple injuries. You really have Bredeson and then maybe somebody like TCC, but he projects as mostly a Center.

At this point, depth on the Oline is as important as getting starter play, because the likelihood of your entire Oline playing 17 games together is extremely small.

I fully expect them to add two Olineman in this draft, one who can play outside, and one who can play inside. And then add a veteran in FA.

Without knowing how the board will shake out, I'd probably be targeting Oline and then maybe either a Safety or DB of some kind today. I think if you're convinced you can sign a veteran pass rusher, you probably don't need to emphasize that position much, and I think you're largely set at WR.

Oline, TE, Safety/DBs is probably where I'd be focused on for the rest of the draft.
I agree and feel safety and oline could be 3rd round if not 4th round picks.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Dropping in to say that Rashod sounds way too much like Breshad for my comfort. :-)

Wish we would have taken an O lineman with one of the first rounders.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
While getting a stud o-lineman is always nice the Ravens are really good at finding gems in the midrounds. A number of Ravens' starting o-linemen, from okay starts to studs, come from round 3 and later. Yanda was a third round pick. I trust us to find a mauler and coach up his technique.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
While getting a stud o-lineman is always nice the Ravens are really good at finding gems in the midrounds. A number of Ravens' starting o-linemen, from okay starts to studs, come from round 3 and later. Yanda was a third round pick. I trust us to find a mauler and coach up his technique.

i think this was a major contributing factor into the decision of selecting EDGE over OL at 31. Ravens Front Office probably feel more confident finding a OL gem in the later rounds due to their past success

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Is Oweh the biggest gamble ever for a first round pick in Ravens history? Huge upside but............. Travis Taylor and Boller come to mind.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Tommy Tremble would be so nasty in GRo's offense.

I'm still crossing my fingers for A'darius Washington

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Is Oweh the biggest gamble ever for a first round pick in Ravens history? Huge upside but............. Travis Taylor and Boller come to mind.
LOL, not by a long shot.

Lamar was a bigger gamble than Oweh is.

He's the 31st pick in the draft, which you obtained by trading away a player who cost you a 3rd round pick 3 years earlier. If he fails, its a shrug of the shoulders and you move on. Certainly not the kind of pick that crushes a franchise.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
also the depth of the class is amazing at OL this year

Yeah I get that Sewell was the top player at OL but I never understood why the Bengals needed to pick him in round 1 when they could also snag a Tackle and OL help on Day 2. I'm not going to like it because the Bengals are filling two holes but damn man, it's like people forgot about the depth in this class. I think we can land a good OL tonight or tomorrow and be really excited about it. I'm just hoping Humphrey or Dickerson falls into the third round just like Tyler Biazdaz did last year.