• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 General Draft Thoughts

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I dnt know shit about dlinemen/pass rushers and always felt like them along with olinemen are just too hard to predict but got dam…. Trayvon walker look like a mf lion out there. I watched maybe like 2 GA games this year and i always thought he was like 6”0 because of the way he moved and i couldve sworn he played lb but this mf is 6”5 and plays dline? Wtf is going on lol.
He plays a shit ton of LB, and yes he’s 6’5” and 270+ but plays in the trenches like he’s 305 and runs like he’s 245.

travon walker makes odafe oweh look like a moderate athlete. He might be the freakiest player I’ve ever watched, literally ever.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
You know, it'd be interesting to see the Ravens double dip into Georgie's front seven, grabbing Travon Walker in the 1st and Wyatt in the second to really rebuild our front seven.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
You know, it'd be interesting to see the Ravens double dip into Georgie's front seven, grabbing Travon Walker in the 1st and Wyatt in the second to really rebuild our front seven.
My dream scenario tbh

I’m gonna make an early prediction though… I think travon walker goes WAY higher than he’s being projected right now. Top 8 type shit.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Screenshot_20220124-213334.png

Well, this would go a long way in rebuilding the front seven.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

that would be unreal lol - obviously would suck not to find a tackle but probably worth it to add that kind of dynamic talent on day 1 and 2

the athleticism we'd have on display with our 4 man front with Oweh, Madubuike, Wyatt and Walker and you can all 4 have the ability to rush inside and out and loop and spike on stunts - add in bowser and his versatility and speed and queen (if he's on the field on 3rd downs in dime) and that's an overwhelmingly athletic front

rossihunter2

Staff Member
My dream scenario tbh

I’m gonna make an early prediction though… I think travon walker goes WAY higher than he’s being projected right now. Top 8 type shit.

he's got the same preliminary grade as thibodeaux from me right now to give you some notion of just how high i have walker right now

im 100% going to be pounding the table for walker if he gets to 14 and might have to enlist the #SIIE guys @Dom McRaven @JAAM to help make it happen

right now im not sure i can envision a better fit and better prospect for the ravens in this class than walker

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
he's got the same preliminary grade as thibodeaux from me right now to give you some notion of just how high i have walker right now

im 100% going to be pounding the table for walker if he gets to 14 and might have to enlist the #SIIE guys @Dom McRaven @JAAM to help make it happen

right now im not sure i can envision a better fit and better prospect for the ravens in this class than walker
Gotchu fam. It's been a long ass time since we had (at least) a GOOD pass-rush. Let's fucking get it, @JAAM .

Also, I got Ekwonu and Davis on my #SIIE list.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Yeah walker is pretty locked in as my favorite ravens prospect as of now. I still like the idea of Jordan Davis here, but walker obviously has a ceiling that Davis just can’t even come close to.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
He plays a shit ton of LB, and yes he’s 6’5” and 270+ but plays in the trenches like he’s 305 and runs like he’s 245.

travon walker makes odafe oweh look like a moderate athlete. He might be the freakiest player I’ve ever watched, literally ever.
I'm looking forward to seeing his combine numbers. His 3 cone is going to be out of this world.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I saw a really interesting question put forward by dane brugler to lance zierlein and others that puts in perspective the top of this year's class...

if you combined these 2 draft classes, how many of the 2022 guys make it into the top 10 of the 2021 class - because im tempted to say the answer is zero

this draft class looks really deep at some positions and i think the 12-40 group is going to be stacked with depth but idk that there's many (if any players) that i'd put up there with the top of the 2021 class which was really short on depth but was absolutely monstrous at the top

and worth pointing out for perspective that parsons, slater and AVT didnt even make it into the top 10 in 2021 because of how top-heavy that class was