• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 General Draft Thoughts

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Man you’re setting me up for heartbreak with these posts stop giving me hope

i feel like it's got to be one of those 2 or JJ or else we're trading down (if we can)

unless they're in love with Andrew Booth and tbf I can definitely see them falling in love with andrew booth but with his nagging injuries preventing him from testing it feels like he's not as high on some boards as i thought he would be a couple of months ago

maybe it's jordan davis if those top 10 guys are gone but i think that would be very unlike EDC

trent mcduffie feels like the wildcard but again with his lack of length and the amount of zone on his tape i just feel like he doesnt really fit the mould of a ravens 1st round pick either

hollywood's probably the only guy we've drafted in R1 since 2013 who wasnt a height-weight-speed demon at his position - maybe CJ Mosley was only ok too - but he was different level with his IQ and he wasnt a bad athlete (and had prototypical size) - Hollywood was also a blazing speedster too so had an elite trait that made you overlook everything else

ravens MO is elite athletes in R1 which is a point in Jordan Davis's favour but not in mcduffie's

but also....

Stingley/Thibodeaux/JJ = #SIIE

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
i feel like it's got to be one of those 2 or JJ or else we're trading down (if we can)

unless they're in love with Andrew Booth and tbf I can definitely see them falling in love with andrew booth but with his nagging injuries preventing him from testing it feels like he's not as high on some boards as i thought he would be a couple of months ago

maybe it's jordan davis if those top 10 guys are gone but i think that would be very unlike EDC

trent mcduffie feels like the wildcard but again with his lack of length and the amount of zone on his tape i just feel like he doesnt really fit the mould of a ravens 1st round pick either

hollywood's probably the only guy we've drafted in R1 since 2013 who wasnt a height-weight-speed demon at his position - maybe CJ Mosley was only ok too - but he was different level with his IQ and he wasnt a bad athlete (and had prototypical size) - Hollywood was also a blazing speedster too so had an elite trait that made you overlook everything else

ravens MO is elite athletes in R1 which is a point in Jordan Davis's favour but not in mcduffie's

but also....

Stingley/Thibodeaux/JJ = #SIIE
Thibodeaux........really? LMAO. You really think he'll even fall out of the top 10. I don't know if he even falls out of the top 5 tbh.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Thibodeaux........really? LMAO. You really think he'll even fall out of the top 10. I don't know if he even falls out of the top 5 tbh.

i dont but im just saying he fits the profile of someone who *could* based on all the stuff media guys have been saying since before the combine

i think its all bullshit but who knows... teams do dumb shit in the draft every year

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
probably not

ojabo's a tough one because the traits are so exciting - but we're not talking about taking someone at 31 like we did with Oweh who was similarly traitsy, we're talking about taking someone with the highest pick the ravens have had since the 2016 draft

the ravens rarely have picks this high - in fact this will only be the 4th time in 20 drafts that the ravens have a top 15 pick and the other 3 times we've picked we went after foundational players:
Ronnie Stanley
Haloti Ngata (who we even traded up 1 spot from 13 to 12 for)
Terrell Suggs

given that history, ojabo seemed somewhat unlikely even before the injury - but hard to identify players that do - the only thing i can pick out of note is that neither ngata nor suggs were supposed to be available to us when we picked and it took either a poor combine or some poor meetings/questions about effort that dropped them to us...

not to belabour a point ive made a million times on this forum already (and it's not even april yet) but there are 2 prospects that potentially fit that profile of maybe dropping lower than their talent says they should: Kayvon Thibodeaux and Derek Stingley
See, I am pretty convinced The Ravens would have taken him. Someone would have inside the top 15. Was surprised how much I liked Ojabo when I finally got around to watching him.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
See, I am pretty convinced The Ravens would have taken him. Someone would have inside the top 15. Was surprised how much I liked Ojabo when I finally got around to watching him.

i mean id love it if they took ojabo at 14 (especially if the top 10 are all gone) but even with macdonald as the DC idk that they'd value him as a top 15 type prospect given they know it's unlikely he's a 3 down player in year 1 and that's tough to take for a top 15 pick

then again he's further along as a pass rusher than anyone they've drafted for a long time...

im not saying definitively they wouldnt have but just not sold that he was 100% the guy at 14

rossihunter2

Staff Member
One way or another, I think we move in round one. If a highly valued player drops in range we are jumping. Just as likely that we move down and take Andrew Booth

would be very un-ravens like to move up in round 1 but maybe if they see the grade gap between the 10th best prospect and the 11th best prospect like i do then maybe that justifies it to them if they're only moving up 2 or 3 spots for that 3rd comp pick or maybe a 4th rounder...

and definitely worth pointing out that the last time they tried to trade up in the 1st round it was a fairly similar situation where they tried to give up a 4th rounder to move up 2 spots to take jalen ramsey at 4

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
would be very un-ravens like to move up in round 1 but maybe if they see the grade gap between the 10th best prospect and the 11th best prospect like i do then maybe that justifies it to them if they're only moving up 2 or 3 spots for that 3rd comp pick or maybe a 4th rounder...

and definitely worth pointing out that the last time they tried to trade up in the 1st round it was a fairly similar situation where they tried to give up a 4th rounder to move up 2 spots to take jalen ramsey at 4
I think its is the only shot at getting your boy and I think it will happen if we see him at 9/10. That 3rd round comp hopefully would get it done. perhaps add a 4th?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think its is the only shot at getting your boy and I think it will happen if we see him at 9/10. That 3rd round comp hopefully would get it done. perhaps add a 4th?

it shouldnt need that much to get it done - we know the seahawks love trading down so they might be a good target spot if we were looking to move up to the top 10 but that's a 5 spot jump in the top 15 (and getting inside the top 10 where there's a premium on trading) - i doubt we'll want to give up more than 1 pick if we're going up

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Since we have a bunch of fourth round picks and two thirds if Ojabu falls into the second we should trade up for him.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Screenshot_20220319-175722.png

Probably the best one I've done since our FA additions. Completely reinvents our D-Line, Rhyan can be LG and kick out if Stanley misses more time, a developmental center that just needs time in an NFL weight room, and the combo of White and Robinson gives us guys that are great in space to counter blitzes.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
This guy had a solid combine and looks like strictly a 3-4 backer to me. Just curious on your alls opinion on him. Good bullrush. Run defense. Decent outside rush. Nice pursuit. Major flag on him he had a sexual battery charge but charges were dropped. Just wondering if you guys watched any deeper tape of him. Seen a couple Ole Miss games and I do remember him making plays.

I'm going to add this one too. Yhis blows me away a little more and these are senior highlights.

Last edited:

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
This guy had a solid combine and looks like strictly a 3-4 backer to me. Just curious on your alls opinion on him. Good bullrush. Run defense. Decent outside rush. Nice pursuit. Major flag on him he had a sexual battery charge but charges were dropped. Just wondering if you guys watched any deeper tape of him. Seen a couple Ole Miss games and I do remember him making plays.

I'm going to add this one too. Yhis blows me away a little more and these are senior highlights.

Sam Williams makes me think of Upshaw but with a much better burst off the line. I'd be happy to have him as a rotational edge depending on where we draft him.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

Hoping all these stories about him makes him slide down to us lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member

as soon as i saw the sexual battery charge i didnt bother looking any further into him because the ravens wont be drafting him
put him on the same list as alex anderson and ed ingram as guys you shouldnt bother watching or mocking to the ravens

LSURavenFan

Veteran
DJ and Bucky did a bit of a mock top 10

This is just off memory lol
1. Jags- Hutchinson
2. Lions- Walker
3. Texans- Thibodeaux
4. Jets- Gardner
5. Giants- Neal
6. Panthers- Ekwonu
7. Giants- Johnson
8. Falcons- Wilson
9. Seahawks- Stingley
10. Jets- Hamilton

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
as soon as i saw the sexual battery charge i didnt bother looking any further into him because the ravens wont be drafting him
put him on the same list as alex anderson and ed ingram as guys you shouldnt bother watching or mocking to the ravens

Yeah I would have to look a little further into it but I'm curious why the charges were dropped in case it was a fake story. Extreme burst tho was what really caught my eye.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
DJ and Bucky did a bit of a mock top 10

This is just off memory lol
1. Jags- Hutchinson
2. Lions- Walker
3. Texans- Thibodeaux
4. Jets- Gardner
5. Giants- Neal
6. Panthers- Ekwonu
7. Giants- Johnson
8. Falcons- Wilson
9. Seahawks- Stingley
10. Jets- Hamilton
Panthers have got to go QB or trade down. Seahawks maybe too

rossihunter2

Staff Member
So @rossihunter2 , @JoeyFlex5 , and @RaineV1 , are all of you high on Jordan Davis? Brother @JAAM and I need to reevaluate our #SIIE list for draft prospects.

i mean i think he's great - but he's not #SIIE for me

i think i said this in the last few days in reply to flex at one point - but i don't want Davis to be the guy until he is the guy at which point ill be ecstatic

i love him but i do not love the position he plays - especially with michael pierce on board now... tough to put 2 NTs on the field at once