• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 General Draft Thoughts

Argentina Raven

Practice Squad
we don't need, but treylon burks, the arkansas wr, is a good player, alabama williams wr too.
Arkansas ridgeway dt would be a very decent replacement for brandon williams, today up to 3 blocked him, williams his defensive side as well.
Lots of interesting players ..
looks like a fairly even class of offensive tackles, quality can be found in 4 rounds

ChainedBird

Practice Squad
we don't need, but treylon burks, the arkansas wr, is a good player, alabama williams wr too.
Arkansas ridgeway dt would be a very decent replacement for brandon williams, today up to 3 blocked him, williams his defensive side as well.
Lots of interesting players ..
looks like a fairly even class of offensive tackles, quality can be found in 4 rounds

I'll be curious to see whether we wait that long for a tackle, but I guess you never know which way a draft is going to go once the picks start flying in. When going later rounds for a premium position I tend to prefer traitsy guys that are raw and haven't had the chance to show it yet (ie low floor, high ceiling), that way you'll probably still get a depth piece but might just get more. For potentially mid-range tackles there's a couple in the 20's of Feldman's freaks list.

The first is Daniel Faalele, a gigantic (6'9 400lb, reports vary) ultra strong lengthy tackle that is surprisingly nimble for that insane size. He caught my eye last year due to his shear size, but didn't declare to try to gain a little more experience, being super raw, just a few years out from instead playing rugby.

On the opposite end is Bernhard Raimann, a well sized 6'7 305lbs, is super agile, great at mirroring and working against speedy rushers, but still having a solid anchor/strength. He's also super raw, having not long transitioned from tight end.

Argentina Raven

Practice Squad
I think that if an ot arrives, with experience in another position: ekwonu, petit frere, green it is likely a first, if they are a single trick they will wait for lower rounds, a 4 round better than Villanueva should not be difficult to find, Let's look at Georgia, Arkansas, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Iowa, there's a Wagner out there for sure.
safeties there are not much interesting, many hitters, few hawks, linebackers just the same.
defensive linemen and edge there is enough.
Jordan Davis is the renowned one with 6'6 340 but Ridgeway is 6'6 325 and has twice the engine and mobility, the more I watch the videos the more I like the Ravens

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
whats everyones thoughts on perrion winfrey? i see an uber athletic, explosive, twitchy DT with a compact frame and long arms, idk about him holding ground in the run game though.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
whats everyones thoughts on perrion winfrey? i see an uber athletic, explosive, twitchy DT with a compact frame and long arms, idk about him holding ground in the run game though.
Him being a pass rusher on the same side as Oweh would really improve our defense. We could actually get pressure without blitzing everyone.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Given what we went through with Stanley... the uncertainty of how well Dobbins and Gus will be returning from injury. I'd draft Hassan Haskins as insurance.

Argentina Raven

Practice Squad
that entire Michigan OL was pretty dominant and pretty sure everyone except Zinter on that line is draft eligible lol

totally true, zinter is So, not eligible but the rest looked good especially the 2 tackles, Ohio side Petit Frere and Munford looked pretty good given Michigan rushers, Rt dawan jones was overwhelmed by hutchinson.

ChainedBird

Practice Squad

Argentina Raven

Practice Squad
Will 13 players be too many?

PFN MOCK DRAFT SIMULATor

31.Perrion Winfrey DT Oklahoma
63.Roger McCreary CB Auburn
95.Chad Muma LB Wyoming
101.Martin Emerson CB Mississippi State
109.Phidarian Mathis DT Alabama
133.John Ridgeway DT Arkansas
134.Kenderick Duncan Jr. S Louisville
137.Trey McBride TE Colorado State
173.Josh Jobe CB Alabama
179.Ryan Hayes OT Michigan
183.Andrew Stueber OG Michigan
189.Tre' Williams EDGE Arkansas
238.Isaiah Foskey EDGE Notre Dame

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Why does the PFN mock generator have multiple teams with consecutive top 10 picks? Jets giants and I believe eagles are all coming up with back to back top 10 picks

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Why does the PFN mock generator have multiple teams with consecutive top 10 picks? Jets giants and I believe eagles are all coming up with back to back top 10 picks
-Jets have the Seahawks first-rounder from the Jamal Adams trade
-Giants have the Bears first-rounder after CHI traded up to get Fields
-Eagles have the Dolphins first rounder after MIA traded up

rossihunter2

Staff Member

1. Detroit Lions
  2. Jacksonville Jaguars
  3. Houston Texans
  4. New York Jets
  5. New York Jets — via Seattle
  6. New York Giants — via Chicago
  7. New York Giants
  8. Carolina Panthers
  9. Philadelphia Eagles
  10. Philadelphia Eagles — via Miami
was even funnier a week ago when the panthers weren't in the middle lol

JoeyFlex5