• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 General Draft Thoughts

Argentina Raven

Practice Squad
What simulators do you use? which one seems the most "accurate"? I usually use PFN, the draft network and nflmockdraftdatabase.
NFP always gives me better options when it comes to choosing, in the others the players always steal my face, jerry jones style

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
  • 35. Myjai sanders
  • 63. Roger mccreary

• 66. Devonte Wyatt
  • 95. Daniel faalele

• 109. Rasheed walker

• 133. Zion tupuola-fetui

• 134. Emil ekiyor

• 137. John ridgeway

• 163. Cory durden
  • 166. Amare barno
  • 189. Charlie kolar

completely impossible, but awesome

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
What simulators do you use? which one seems the most "accurate"? I usually use PFN, the draft network and nflmockdraftdatabase.
NFP always gives me better options when it comes to choosing, in the others the players always steal my face, jerry jones style
None of them are even close to accurate or realistic

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I usually use The Draft Network. None of them are super accurate but TDN seems at least realistic in most cases. Speaking of which:

Nicholas Petit-Frere OT, Ohio State
Brandon Smith LB, Penn State
Cameron Thomas EDGE, San Diego State
Rasheed Walker OT, Penn State
Noah Daniels CB, TCU
Braxton Jones OT, Southern Utah
Dohnovan West IOL, Arizona State
Brian Asamoah LB, Oklahoma
Isaac Taylor-Stuart CB, USC
Demani Richardson S, Texas A&M

I'd be pretty happy with this result I got from TDN.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
1. Do not be surprised if Travon walker is a first round pick

2. do not be surprised if the ravens are the ones to take him

he is an absolute freakshow, and he has real Chris jones type potential. I’d love to see him at the 5 and 3 in our defense

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
1. Do not be surprised if Travon walker is a first round pick

2. do not be surprised if the ravens are the ones to take him

he is an absolute freakshow, and he has real Chris jones type potential. I’d love to see him at the 5 and 3 in our defense
Even with our issues at offensive line I feel like Walker would definitely be a top talent available at our pick if he's still on the board. Him and Oweh on the same side would be amazing to see. But he's probably going to be amazing at the combine and some team really needing DL help might take him high.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Even with our issues at offensive line I feel like Walker would definitely be a top talent available at our pick if he's still on the board. Him and Oweh on the same side would be amazing to see. But he's probably going to be amazing at the combine and some team really needing DL help might take him high.
Yeah that’s how I’m seeing it, he’s seen as a day 2 guy right now but I just don’t see that lasting past the combine and pro days.

I’ll even go bold af right here and say that if he went before Jordan Davis I wouldn’t be totally shocked. I feel like Davis’ motor and conditioning might scare some teams off.

and if the ravens feel the oweh formula is a successful one, which it certainly looks to be, then goddamn if walker isn’t the DT/5T version of oweh.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah that’s how I’m seeing it, he’s seen as a day 2 guy right now but I just don’t see that lasting past the combine and pro days.

I’ll even go bold af right here and say that if he went before Jordan Davis I wouldn’t be totally shocked. I feel like Davis’ motor and conditioning might scare some teams off.

and if the ravens feel the oweh formula is a successful one, which it certainly looks to be, then goddamn if walker isn’t the DT/5T version of oweh.

maybe it's because he's one of the big name guys ive seen the most snaps of in-game (rather than just random plays here and there) - but ive not been super impressed by jordan davis vs the hype he's had so far

im slowly compiling a list of guys to study - i've got all the senior bowl invitees on there so far - really excited to watch john ridgeway iii there

but i've got my spreadsheet set up for 2022 which means it must be nearly bowl season and the new year and study time lol

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
maybe it's because he's one of the big name guys ive seen the most snaps of in-game (rather than just random plays here and there) - but ive not been super impressed by jordan davis vs the hype he's had so far

im slowly compiling a list of guys to study - i've got all the senior bowl invitees on there so far - really excited to watch john ridgeway iii there

but i've got my spreadsheet set up for 2022 which means it must be nearly bowl season and the new year and study time lol
Jordan Davis is a legit freak, like I’ve never seen a man that size move the way he does, and when his motor is running hot he is a load to handle, he can collapse double teams and disengage, he crashes the front and blows up run plays, and he is just so goddamn strong.

My whole issue with him is that he does not play a full 4 quarters, his conditioning is dogshit and it’s understandable for a man his size but it scares me off.

ChainedBird

Practice Squad
Jordan Davis is a legit freak, like I’ve never seen a man that size move the way he does, and when his motor is running hot he is a load to handle, he can collapse double teams and disengage, he crashes the front and blows up run plays, and he is just so goddamn strong.

My whole issue with him is that he does not play a full 4 quarters, his conditioning is dogshit and it’s understandable for a man his size but it scares me off.

Agreed, he's an absolute beast, the upside is huge! I hope the conditioning scares teams off and lets him drop to us.

Winks been pretty good at cycling the front 7 so that guys don't get gassed. I could see BWashington (and maybe BWills on a cheap vet min/you should really consider retiring kind of contract) taking a portion of the snaps for his first year at nose while they get him into NFL shape.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Agreed, he's an absolute beast, the upside is huge! I hope the conditioning scares teams off and lets him drop to us.

Winks been pretty good at cycling the front 7 so that guys don't get gassed. I could see BWashington (and maybe BWills on a cheap vet min/you should really consider retiring kind of contract) taking a portion of the snaps for his first year at nose while they get him into NFL shape.
Me personally I think I’d take travon walker over Davis

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

The amount of plays Davis plays per game to me is a concern to me.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

I guess that’s part of my initial concern though - he doesn’t play a lot of snaps and doesn’t seem to offer a ton as a pass rusher

he’s a freak for sure and as I say I’ve not done actual study on him so well aware I could be wrong - those are just my impressions of him so far

Argentina Raven

Practice Squad
young lives injured, smith and westry too, peters and humphrey return from injuries, averett will look for money.
It seems that we should double the election in cb

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
young lives injured, smith and westry too, peters and humphrey return from injuries, averett will look for money.
It seems that we should double the election in cb
will be interesting to see what we do with Young. Could go either way as we only save 5.875m if we cut him. Westry has been injured this year but he will be back and has potential as a good backup. I certainly would expect us to draft some young CBs in the upcoming draft, we just don't want to pigeonhole ourselves. I'd like to see Young come back because "when" he plays and he has been healthy for most of the season he has been pretty good and he's the only slot WR we have unless Marlon moves inside like he has the last couple years.

I agree that Averett will go after the money, it just depends on how much he can get outside of Baltimore and still with the cap suppressed a bit. I don't think he gets more than 10m, but he won't get that here.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Speaking of not wanting to pigeonhole ourselves, a TE is an underrated need. No, I don't want us to use a high draft pick on a TE, but I want someone who can fill in the role of Hurst: above-average blocker and sneaky receiving option. Any candidates in this draft?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Speaking of not wanting to pigeonhole ourselves, a TE is an underrated need. No, I don't want us to use a high draft pick on a TE, but I want someone who can fill in the role of Hurst: above-average blocker and sneaky receiving option. Any candidates in this draft?
I'd agree, it would be nice to have another young middle round TE.

Argentina Raven

Practice Squad
It would extend tavon to a lower value than the current one, the boy plays hard, and when he is healthy he makes a difference, but it is something that does not happen often..

TE? Otton, mcbride, Kolar

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Extendería tavon a un valor inferior al actual, el chico juega duro, y cuando está sano marca la diferencia, pero es algo que no pasa a menudo.

TE? Otton, mcbride, Kolar
extend him a year and spread out the guarantees over a couple seasons. Would easily save on cap hits and I wouldn't be surprised to see us do that with Peters also. Peters contract is coming to an end at the end of 2022 and I'd be surprised if we don't extend him a year to save on cap hits for the upcoming year.