• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 General Draft Thoughts

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

so big ravens presence down in georgia today then lol

We drafting at least 1 bulldog.

I’m fine with Pickens or Jamaree Salyer in the later rounds if Walker isn’t there in the first lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
We drafting at least 1 bulldog.

I’m fine with Pickens or Jamaree Salyer in the later rounds if Walker isn’t there in the first lol

pickens definitely fits here lol
salyer too
travon walker definitely
davis definitely
wyatt would be awesome but i think he's gonna be stuck between our first 2 picks and not gettable without some serious manoeuvring
Shaffer probably a fit too in day 3 but havent graded him yet
James cook and zamir white might be options if they make it to day 3 at RB for us

dont think kendrick's gonna be on our board - has some maturity issues and just bombed the athletic testing
the LBs im not sure about in terms of fit - tindall's raw and a bit stiff but explosive, dean i dont think is a fit and not sure about quay walker in terms of fit here
Cine blew up the combine but not super convinced by him in the way ive seen from other evaluators

am i missing anyone?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Lol. If he’s our pick at 14.. I can talk myself into liking the selection.

Aka: “at least it isn’t penning.”
Man Jordan Davis is an absolute freak show. He is RARE, and he fills the large gaping prolapsed asshole that is our DT depth chart.

Don’t buy the 1 dimensional narrative. He played at 360 at Georgia, surrounded by nfl rushers, and still drew all the attention every snap he played, and he showed next level athleticism when he worked out 20 lbs lighter.

I’m about as sold on Jordan Davis as I am on anyone in the top 10. I think he’s a slam fucking dunk at 14

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Man Jordan Davis is an absolute freak show. He is RARE, and he fills the large gaping prolapsed asshole that is our DT depth chart.

Don’t buy the 1 dimensional narrative. He played at 360 at Georgia, surrounded by nfl rushers, and still drew all the attention every snap he played, and he showed next level athleticism when he worked out 20 lbs lighter.

I’m about as sold on Jordan Davis as I am on anyone in the top 10. I think he’s a slam fucking dunk at 14

Oh I would be excited. My heart just wants Jermaine or Sauce/Stingley to be there. SIIE me up

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lol. If he’s our pick at 14.. I can talk myself into liking the selection.

Aka: “at least it isn’t penning.”

Yeah I'm hoping we can avoid taking the OT. The Moses signing really helps. We gotta work on that line and the superstud is what I'm really hoping for. A lot of real nice options also in the 2nd and 3rd rd. I'm thinking guys like Wyatt, Winfrey and Hall can play the 5 tech.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

ill put it this way - if he's the guy then ill be very very excited
but until he's the guy, im gonna want someone else

Argentina Raven

Practice Squad
as Wr on day 3 i like erik ezukanma from texas tech 6' 2 210, although he seems bigger, long arms, he doesn't seem as fast but definitely his catch radius is big

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
For the first round I'm all in on Davis after our FA moves. Obviously the chance someone that should have gone in the top ten is there, but barring that Davis is an immediate huge impact on our team for a position group that is awful right now.

Also I like the idea of investing in one of a kind athletes for the front seven, starting with Oweh last year.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
x2 z

time for film

Just watched highlights because I don’t have time for film right now, but I don’t really see it, at least not yet. He’s got great leg drive and great extension for bull rushing, looks like a lot of effort sacks, not bendy, played like more of a 5 than an edge. I’ll watch some film later on

Last edited:

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

A real sleeper on that team could be Nate Landmann who is a supreme tackling machine. Could be a nice pickup on day 3. Has had some injury problems the last couple yrs and pulled up lame in the 40 at the combine.

LSURavenFan

Veteran
I think the Panthers are drafting a QB at 6th. At this point they aren't getting a veteran that's going to move the needle. Rhule's seat is getting warmer and warmer. The only way I see him keeping his job past this season is if they take a QB at 6th and that QB shows promise. Otherwise, a Jimmy G trade will have them in the 7-10 or 8-9 range and jobs will be lost.

I think two QB's go by the time EDC and the Ravens are on the clock. I've seen the Lions and Malik Willis linked recently. The Commanders and Browns might do it as well. I also think the Steelers will be trading up, there's no way they're going with Trubisky and Rudolph lol. Wouldn't rule out the Texans either if they make a deal with the Falcons.

The board will fall nicely for the Ravens if two QB's can go in the top 13

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I think the Panthers are drafting a QB at 6th. At this point they aren't getting a veteran that's going to move the needle. Rhule's seat is getting warmer and warmer. The only way I see him keeping his job past this season is if they take a QB at 6th and that QB shows promise. Otherwise, a Jimmy G trade will have them in the 7-10 or 8-9 range and jobs will be lost.

I think two QB's go by the time EDC and the Ravens are on the clock. I've seen the Lions and Malik Willis linked recently. The Commanders and Browns might do it as well. I also think the Steelers will be trading up, there's no way they're going with Trubisky and Rudolph lol. Wouldn't rule out the Texans either if they make a deal with the Falcons.

The board will fall nicely for the Ravens if two QB's can go in the top 13
I like the thought, I just don’t know what qb would go that high besides Willis. I’m on the Willis to Detroit train, I don’t see Pickett, ridder, or corral going in the top 15 that’s for damn sure.