• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Passing Game, The Running Game and another OL Injury

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

Several analysts I saw called him out for the hypocrisy of "player safety" when his clock management at the end of the game indicated anything but that. He let the clock run a couple of times under 2 minutes when they were down 16, then he called not one, not two, but three timeouts with under a minute left, with his team down 16. He certainly wasn't concerned about player safety with his offensive players at that moment.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Several analysts I saw called him out for the hypocrisy of "player safety" when his clock management at the end of the game indicated anything but that. He let the clock run a couple of times under 2 minutes when they were down 16, then he called not one, not two, but three timeouts with under a minute left, with his team down 16. He certainly wasn't concerned about player safety with his offensive players at that moment.

Oh the IRONY.

I Lamar would have thrown a bomb there then I would have said it was poor sportsmanship.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
There’s no way you actually believe that of us…. Every single person on this board would be calling our defense bums for allowing it, and calling the coaches babies for crying about it.

it’s a losing mentality to even begin to talk about “unsportsmanlike” in this manner, when you just got spanked at home to the most injured team in the league. We aren’t losers and don’t root for losers, that ain’t us fam.
I mean some dont even like the idea of taunting so that was the first thing that came to mind

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Fangio is a cry baby ass bitch. Hold that L, chump

redrum52

Hall of Famer
No one down the line will remember the refs cheating for the Steelers against that Hawks for a SB. Favre taking a dive for Strahan's sack record or that the Broncos were trying to put up garbage time points for us to get this record. All they will see is the record. And Lamar might not have cared about the record yesterday, but I guarantee when his career is done, he'll look back at this with teammates as a huge accomplishment... along with his multiple SB MVPS

D1City55

Pro Bowler
most of those snaps for murray that make the difference look stark there came on the last offensive drive
he's currently the lead back and he will remain as such

the reason we saw more of him in the 2nd half was to salt the game away
I understand that he's the lead back, I just don't think he's done enough to comfortably remain the lead back. I think Williams will have a role in this offense soon and his time will come. The Ravens best option will be to split depending on the circumstance but given the options, the Ravens need an RB capable of big plays and that's just not Murray. I like how Murray puts his head down and gets extra yards in situations but that's all he's good for. Even looking back on his career, his longest run ever was a 46 yard run and that was with Oakland back in 2014. I guess we just got a difference in opinion here.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I never cared one bit about what Denver or their fans thought about it. Their opinions are irrelevant.
They were who I thought they were. Good defense, probably didn't play as well as I expected in the secondary, better than I expected in stopping the run, and very below average offensively. They, like many teams, have a QB problem. Bridgewater will look fine when you play three of the worst teams (and worst defenses) in the league. I'm sure they'd be a little better with Jeudy out there, but I can't see how it makes a difference in this game.
My question going into the game was how was Denver going to score the 20+ points needed to win this game, and how were they going to do it in most of the remaining games they have, when they don't have winless teams to beat up on defensively and dominate field position, time of possession, etc.
They did nothing to change my thought process yesterday.
I'm sure there's Broncos fans thinking it would be a different game with Teddy out there. I look at their first half and I don't see it. Punted on 5 of 6 possessions. Didn't have a single drive of longer than 5 plays. 117 yards of offense. 7 points.
only reason they scored the first touchdown was the short field and miss tackling.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
And from a dimwit coach who called timeouts to score with what 1 minute left to try to get a score when the game was clearly over. Fuck him.
And like here's the thing... I don't blame them for trying to score. But he clearly went back and forth in the last two minutes trying to figure out whether he thought the game was over or not. Look at their drive clock:

1st down they take a sack. 25 seconds goes off the clock before they snap the ball again. Certainly in no hurry up there. That's acceptable if you complete like a 30 yard pass and all your lineman have to get down field. Not take 3 steps backwards to line up again.
2nd down they get a 9 yard completion out of bounds to stop the clock.
3rd down they convert for 12 yards... in bounds. They don't take a timeout (they had three) and instead 50 seconds goes off the clock between the time they snapped on 3rd down and they snapped the next play.

Basically, they ran three plays, just had yet to cross mid-field, and it took them 1:15 off the game clock. Either two things are happening there... their coach is really, really, really bad with clock management, or nobody on their team is actively trying to win the football game. I would bet on a combination of the two, but mostly, the latter.

They got the ball with 1:51 remaining and really did not take the idea of trying to score and possibly win seriously until they got down to about :35 seconds.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I understand that he's the lead back, I just don't think he's done enough to comfortably remain the lead back. I think Williams will have a role in this offense soon and his time will come. The Ravens best option will be to split depending on the circumstance but given the options, the Ravens need an RB capable of big plays and that's just not Murray. I like how Murray puts his head down and gets extra yards in situations but that's all he's good for. Even looking back on his career, his longest run ever was a 46 yard run and that was with Oakland back in 2014. I guess we just got a difference in opinion here.

right but the ravens dont have a back capable of big plays right now - you're kidding yourself if you think that's tyson williams either...

the 3 guys who could make big plays all went down to season ending injuries in a 12 day stretch...

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Told you guys Denver was trash, I was never worried about them. Bengal fans are starting to get cocky though, they’re calling us overrated and keep acting like beating the Jags was the same thing as beating the Chiefs
What's their response when you tell them that they had to COME FROM BEHIND to beat the Jags?

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
right but the ravens dont have a back capable of big plays right now - you're kidding yourself if you think that's tyson williams either...

the 3 guys who could make big plays all went down to season ending injuries in a 12 day stretch...
Yep. No home run hitter like Dobbins