• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Passing Game, The Running Game and another OL Injury

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
He’s embarrassing. If the Broncos FO and players aren’t completely embarrassed about this, then they need a nut check
If the roles were reversed and Harbs was crying like this, I legit would be embarrassed as a fan because of him.

I'm sure there's a combination of things that are hurting our run game, but from what I see, we simply don't have backs that are explosive. Murray is essentially a plodder at this point... he'll get you 3-4 yards up the middle and will spring bigger plays if it's blocked well, but other than that, he's just going to get what is blocked for him. I can pretty much say the same for Bell and Freeman.

Clearly Williams is in the doghouse for sucking in pass protection, but he's easily the most explosive back I've seen of the bunch this year, and he's the only guy I see who is able to bounce to the perimeter and get yardage outside.

What I'm seeing from Detroit and Denver is that they're just flooding between the hashes, because they don't think any of our backs have the speed to get outside or can run the stretch/outside runs, and they're probably right. That's where missing Dobbins hurts so much, because he had the speed to make linebackers pay on the perimeter for collapsing too quickly. And because of that, it opened up the middle for Edwards.

And honestly, I'm not sure I see a fix for this. I think it's somewhat a talent issue.

Hey I heard there are such things as 16 point plays now in the NFL according to Vic Fangio.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
case in point in terms of differing reactions:

https://www.espn.co.uk/blog/baltimo...e-punt-with-37-point-lead?device=featurephone

our coach and player reactions to the jags running a fake punt up 37-0 in the london game...

This was one of the games that helped contribute to my current alcoholism. Completely forgot this move and wasn't mad then. Probably laughed cause it was definitely something we would have tried. During the Harbaugh era some of our worst performances have come against the Jags. Didn't we have single digits of offense or passing offense until late 3rd or 4th q of that game?

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
On another note, I would like for us to make the white on purples the default road jerseys. We just play better with them than the other two road combinations.

Andre Smith's bum ass SOLD. Would've been nice for Lamar (who also overthrew what could've been another passing TD to (I think) Duv or Proche) to have his 2nd passing TD to Andrews.

Can't wait for Boyle to return AND Bateman to make his debut. I've been waiting since 2018 for Lamar to TRULY be exposed.

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
This was one of the games that helped contribute to my current alcoholism. Completely forgot this move and wasn't mad then. Probably laughed cause it was definitely something we would have tried. During the Harbaugh era some of our worst performances have come against the Jags. Didn't we have single digits of offense or passing offense until late 3rd or 4th q of that game?

That Jags game and the MNF Jags game where we got curb-stomped put an end to my shit talking all week leading up to games lol

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Brah.. just caught up with this Vic story. Lol!

guy wanted a morale victory by scoring a last second TD. Dude gets picked off in the endzone.

“Well.. at least we can end the game with a td..”

*AA int*

“Well.. at least we held them under 100 yards rushing.”

*Lamar for 5*

hahaha. Salty

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member

idk dude - but the 1 time the ravens came to my city, they stunk up the joint - i will never forget this game lol - i dont remember any specific plays or moments i just remember that feeling during the game and afterwards lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
On another note, I would like for us to make the white on purples the default road jerseys. We just play better with them than the other two road combinations.

Andre Smith's bum ass SOLD. Would've been nice for Lamar (who also overthrew what could've been another passing TD to (I think) Duv or Proche) to have his 2nd passing TD to Andrews.

Can't wait for Boyle to return AND Bateman to make his debut. I've been waiting since 2018 for Lamar to TRULY be exposed.

was duvernay - tough throw to make but yeah that would have been another house call