• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Bye Bye Marty, Pees and Harbaugh?

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Anyone else uneasy that we ain’t making any moves yet? If harbs and marty stays... maaaaan

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Anyone else uneasy that we ain’t making any moves yet? If harbs and marty stays... maaaaan
Flacco has already said his relationship with Marty has grown and Harbaugh is going nowhere. Looks like both will be here next yr

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Continuous blasphemy has just gotten this forum reported. Congratulations gentlemen.
Lmfao what? I mean I think their conversation was pretty stupid, but come on dude. Reported to who? Quit acting like you’re all high and mighty and somehow a part of the organization. Do us all a favor and gtfo

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Lmfao what? I mean I think their conversation was pretty stupid, but come on dude. Reported to who? Quit acting like you’re all high and mighty and somehow a part of the organization. Do us all a favor and gtfo
Yeah he’s going to totally run a public forum that is no way affiliated with the organization ownership wise out of proportion.

Two words to him.... fuck off. And tell Ozzie to actually pick Nelson in the draft

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Harballs teams 2008-2012 were laced with not only hof candidates but smart on field leaders that stepped up their game in the playoffs and pumped up teammates around them. Players like Lewis Reed Ngata Suggs Boldin, Birk. Where was Harballs leadership or playoff joe in that must win game on new yrs eve??
It comes down to execution. At the end of the day, as fun as it is to blame the coaches, a lot of it is on the players. However you want to break it down, someone was out of place on the game winning touchdown. Players have to execute.

But at the same time quit saying Harbaugh had nothing to do with us having a great run from 08-12. Coach BB couldn’t do it before him, so obviously harbaugh did something right.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah he’s going to totally run a public forum that is no way affiliated with the organization ownership wise out of proportion.

Two words to him.... fuck off. And tell Ozzie to actually pick Nelson in the draft
Hahaha “yeah fuck you and your nonsense. But p.s. tell Ozzie to pick Nelson”

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Flacco has already said his relationship with Marty has grown and Harbaugh is going nowhere. Looks like both will be here next yr
I would take Flacco’s comment with a grain of salt. He’s a professional. He’s not going to throw one of his coaches under the bus. I’m not going to expect anything until Harbaugh says something.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
GenerousGrouchyChrysalis-max-1mb.gif

"And you've been reported to the cyber police and the state police!"

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't mind keeping Marty. The way I say it, this coming season is do or die for Harbs. If we don't make the playoffs, he has to go, so might as well keep the OC he's stuck by rather than bring in someone that'll possibly only be around for a year. And Marty did show some improvement. His situational playcalling can be fucking awful at times, but I liked how aggressive he and Joe got as the season went on. Plus and seems like Marty and Roman can work as a team to have a functioning offense.

Oddly enough, I wanted Pees gone more than Marty. Maybe now we can stop seeing Flacco give us a late lead only for the defense to give up a touchdown right away.

Pitta's New Hip

Practice Squad
I would take Flacco’s comment with a grain of salt. He’s a professional. He’s not going to throw one of his coaches under the bus. I’m not going to expect anything until Harbaugh says something.

Lets not forget they fired zorn and flacco loved him. Idk if I can take another year of marty ball. He'll have a tight end lineup under center this time. Ya know, for funsies.

Tyler

Practice Squad
The sting from that devastating, embarrassing, (whatever other fitting adjectives you want to use) loss still hasn’t gone away, so ranting my frustrations might help a little bit. This is my “State of the Ravens “ post, if you will. From a team that experienced 5 straight playoff appearances with at least one playoff win, capped off by that euphoric moment in NOLA, the fact of the matter is simple, the post-super bowl XLVII era has been anything but. We have seen our fair share of Draft misses, most notably headlined by Matt Elam, Arthur Brown, Sergio Kindle(bad luck), Terrence Cody, and most recently Breshad Perriman, Maxx Williams and Kamalei Correa. We’ve seen a handful of bad coordinator hires, most notably the revolving door that is the offensive coordinator position. There have been countless head scratching, bonehead in-game coaching decisions. Throw in the PR disasters, whether it be the Ray Rice elevator incident or the display in London this season, add all of those factors up, and you have a team that has been unable to escape the finality of being a mediocre football team. To blame one person is irrational. From top to bottom, this organization is at a crossroads. Is Bisciotti capable of identifying the problem? Last off season this team decided to attack their shortcomings by sticking with continuity in the coaching staff, attempting to recreate an elite defense, while also neglecting to address the offensive side of the ball. 13 of the Ravens last 17 day 1 and 2 picks, I believe, have been used to try and bolster the defense. Clearly that formula has lead to the familiar fate that is falling short of the post season. I’m rooting for this team to get it figured out, because I do love this team and have been emotionally invested in them for as long as I can remember. Time will tell, but change is inevitable and necessary to try and fix this broken system.

Tyler

Practice Squad
I don't mind keeping Marty. The way I say it, this coming season is do or die for Harbs. If we don't make the playoffs, he has to go, so might as well keep the OC he's stuck by rather than bring in someone that'll possibly only be around for a year. And Marty did show some improvement. His situational playcalling can be fucking awful at times, but I liked how aggressive he and Joe got as the season went on. Plus and seems like Marty and Roman can work as a team to have a functioning offense.

Oddly enough, I wanted Pees gone more than Marty. Maybe now we can stop seeing Flacco give us a late lead only for the defense to give up a touchdown right away.

Everything you just said is literally almost word for word the mentality going into last off season. The plan for Harbaugh to live and die by his guys with a 1 year, put up or shut up season, with the finality being the same result this season. At some point you have to say enough is enough before sticking with what you have becomes insanity. Don’t let the 2nd half offensive statistics fool you, this offense benefited from the leagues #1 defense in takeaways, setting up great field position and easy opportunities to score. The all too familiar Fake FB dive, HB toss play on 4th and 3 was one of the worst calls I’ve ever seen from an NFL coordinator. Alex Collins just so happened to bail Mornhinweg out.

Kubiak is being promoted to a high level front office job for the Broncos. He’s been a consultant since July.
You're right. I just read an article saying
He's their senior personnel advisor, he and his wife kept their Denver home after he resigned, and two of his sons work for the Broncos. I can't expect him to come to Baltimore under those circumstances. Now who am I going to daydream about?

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
so according to filmstudy in simplified terms weddle was miles out of position and when asked about CJ on twitter he responded with this:
"If there was any plan for Mosley to cover the slot receiver on a seam route there, he was severely disadvantaged by dropping from the A gap at the snap."
Could have been possible they asked Weddle to take the deep middle drop and he got caught up in the tight end and shirked off Boyd up the seam.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
It comes down to execution. At the end of the day, as fun as it is to blame the coaches, a lot of it is on the players. However you want to break it down, someone was out of place on the game winning touchdown. Players have to execute.

But at the same time quit saying Harbaugh had nothing to do with us having a great run from 08-12. Coach BB couldn’t do it before him, so obviously harbaugh did something right.

Yeah Billick knew how to call plays. Hair ball is useless coaching offense and defense. Where is his presence now?? He has a franchise QB something Billick didn't. Yet missed the playoffs 3 yrs in a row. And if not 4 Kubiak helping Flacco to his best season as a pro and career year from the running back. And best ravens offense ever. The Ravens would be going through a 5 yr playoff drought. Something else Billick never accomplished. Hair ball is a butt kisser and a yes man to management. He praises managements every move. Billick often clashed with management.lol

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
You're right. I just read an article saying
He's their senior personnel advisor, he and his wife kept their Denver home after he resigned, and two of his sons work for the Broncos. I can't expect him to come to Baltimore under those circumstances. Now who am I going to daydream about?

Ricky Proehl could be a great offensive coordinator. He played and learned under Vermeil and Martz

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I know people want to bitch about Marty but you can't argue he's been among the reasons for Flacco playing his best ball in the last 3 years. I have no qualms letting him continue his work with more weapons next year. Flacco has seen enough changes at OC, why change when suddenly it starts working?

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I know people want to bitch about Marty but you can't argue he's been among the reasons for Flacco playing his best ball in the last 3 years. I have no qualms letting him continue his work with more weapons next year. Flacco has seen enough changes at OC, why change when suddenly it starts working?

Only way that I see Marty getting replaced is if we can lure Kubiak back. That being said, Harbaugh is on his last legs, at this point, so if he can find another suitable replacement then I could see him making a change. At the very least, Marty is going to be on a short leash going forward.

I also wouldn't mind making Roman OC. Much of Marty's "success" this year can be attributed to the improved run game which Roman is responsible for anyway.