• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Murphy's Law, The Ugly and The Uglier

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Man at this point I’m just going to turn on our games with zero expectations. If we win, awesome. If we lose, that sucks, but injuries have just overwhelmed us and we don’t have an identity on offense. I’m not taking any team for granted anymore - I’m just along for the ride and if we make the playoffs, anything can happen. I’m done with the high blood pressure bullshit

JAAM

Hall of Famer
oH nO. tHe rAvEnS hAvE aLl tHiEr wEaPoNs bAcK. DErP.
Dude I knew Twatkins was gonna eat into Bateman’s and Duv’s snap which pissed me off, then I really lost it when I saw Miles out there. Both of them need to be faaaaaaaar away from Baltimore next season. Hollywood, Bateman, Duv, Proche and Wallace is an extremely good cast for Lamar

redrum52

Hall of Famer
my hope above all hopes for this game is that everyone was still exhausted from playing 100 snaps of offence and had only 4 days of rest and no practices beyond walkthroughs before the dolphins game...

hopefully just a hangover

No hangover. Slow starts almost every game and the OL has been hanging on be a thread. If we make playoffs these same problems will just be magnified... AGAIN. but now the defense is playing worse. Ben fucking Mason

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
T
Man at this point I’m just going to turn on our games with zero expectations. If we win, awesome. If we lose, that sucks, but injuries have just overwhelmed us and we don’t have an identity on offense. I’m not taking any team for granted anymore - I’m just along for the ride and if we make the playoffs, anything can happen. I’m done with the high blood pressure bullshit
Thats been my attitude all season but they keep making me think something special is happening. I’m just mad AF at it because I traveled to see that ABSOLUTE SHIT SHOW last night. Soooooo many Ravens fans, coulda been a great memory.

Watkins is another great example of all the catastrophising going on. Read back and you'll remember that people loved him before he got hurt, but he's had a bad game now so screw that guy.

We're 6-3 right at the top of the AFC by the way.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I’ve been doing that all year, I’m not even celebrating touchdowns, I ain’t saying shit til the clock says all zeros. Last night was flat out depressing though

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
Dude I knew Twatkins was gonna eat into Bateman’s and Duv’s snap which pissed me off, then I really lost it when I saw Miles out there. Both of them need to be faaaaaaaar away from Baltimore next season. Hollywood, Bateman, Duv, Proche and Wallace is an extremely good cast for Lamar
I laughed when I saw Boykin trotting out there while Sammy, Hollywood, and Andrew’s watched from the sideline. I swore the Ravens bet on Miami.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I laughed when I saw Boykin trotting out there while Sammy, Hollywood, and Andrew’s watched from the sideline. I swore the Ravens bet on Miami.
Every time I even saw one of Mark, Hollywood, and Bateman, let alone all three, leave the field, I thought they were hurt. When it became a normal fucking occurrence, I was cussing Roman tf out.

Dog you’re telling me you’re taking out your three best weapons for Lamar for a soft ass pussy in Boykin that plays like he’s in high school? From memory, every time it happened, it was a run all but one play and Miami was ready for it. Get your fucking head out of your ass Roman

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
Every time I even saw one of Mark, Hollywood, and Bateman, let alone all three, leave the field, I thought they were hurt. When it became a normal fucking occurrence, I was cussing Roman tf out.

Dog you’re telling me you’re taking out your three best weapons for Lamar for a soft ass pussy in Boykin that plays like he’s in high school? From memory, every time it happened, it was a run all but one play and Miami was ready for it. Get your fucking head out of your ass Roman
Yeah. The dude next to me and I laughed and I said “you think it’s a run?” So fucking disappointed

JO_75

Hall of Famer
oh come on - dont be ridiculous
we're not firing Roman, we're definitely not firing Harbs

and nor should we

Slow starts are way too consistent every week for one, a good OC adjusts their playbooks when injuries happen. Roman thinks we can just do the same with anyone as if we didn't lose Gus or Dobbins.

OBJ said when he talked to McVay, McVay told him they would find creative ways to get him the ball. With our weapons, a good OC spreads out the 30th ranked pass defense and destroys them. Zero adjustments made to what Miami did defensively. Yes, Roman is perfect for Lamar but Cam was perfect for Joe until we refused to take the handcuffs off. Roman is good for 1-3 years, then we move on and take the training wheels off and let Lamar loose. Seeing too many similarities with the offense struggling now to what got Cam fired in 2012.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

ngl - i was pretty numb watching the game yesterday even before it began - maybe partly to do with it being 1:30am when it started but also idk this season has been exhausting lol

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
T

Thats been my attitude all season but they keep making me think something special is happening. I’m just mad AF at it because I traveled to see that ABSOLUTE SHIT SHOW last night. Soooooo many Ravens fans, coulda been a great memory.
It’s a memory all right

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Slow starts are way too consistent every week for one, a good OC adjusts their playbooks when injuries happen. Roman thinks we can just do the same with anyone as if we didn't lose Gus or Dobbins.

OBJ said when he talked to McVay, McVay told him they would find creative ways to get him the ball. With our weapons, a good OC spreads out the 30th ranked pass defense and destroys them. Zero adjustments made to what Miami did defensively. Yes, Roman is perfect for Lamar but Cam was perfect for Joe until we refused to take the handcuffs off. Roman is good for 1-3 years, then we move on and take the training wheels off and let Lamar loose. Seeing too many similarities with the offense struggling now to what got Cam fired in 2012.

this is complete bullshit

our offence has completely changed to adjust for the losses we've suffered on offence - we've taken vast swathes of our read-based running game out of the playbook - we've changed what sort of personnel we run - we've adjusted the kinds of route combinations we're looking for - we've changed how we protect and set up protection (especially for play-action)

just because shit didnt work last night doesnt mean that they havent been doing the right stuff the rest of the year

and what i will say is that the ravens did adjust to what miami was doing - they just didnt adjust well - there's a difference

a good OC adjusts their playbooks when injuries happen. Roman thinks we can just do the same with anyone as if we didn't lose Gus or Dobbins.
Dude, did you miss the part where the historically great rush attack turned into an explosive downfield pass attack this year..?

We really couldn't look much more different, and it's probably because of the RB injuries.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
ngl - i was pretty numb watching the game yesterday even before it began - maybe partly to do with it being 1:30am when it started but also idk this season has been exhausting lol

Same here. I got my flu shot yesterday and was literally napping before the game (probably should have just stayed asleep TBH).

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I can't put this on Roman. He is not the one blocking for Lamar nor is he the one dropping balls.

On one series I saw a package designed to block and protect Lamar. and STILL the D-line got to Lamar and forced Lamar to dance around and throw the ball quickly.

Give credit where it's due, the Fins defense played well.

This is more of a player issue. We can't run the ball unless it's Lamar running the ball and we can't protect him.

Some things I did like. Bateman passed my eye test. First time I see him in person and boy did he make some catches. Oweh looked incredible a few times as well.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I can't put this on Roman. He is not the one blocking for Lamar nor is he the one dropping balls.

On one series I saw a package designed to block and protect Lamar. and STILL the D-line got to Lamar and forced Lamar to dance around and throw the ball quickly.

Give credit where it's due, the Fins defense played well.

This is more of a player issue. We can't run the ball unless it's Lamar running the ball and we can't protect him.

Some things I did like. Bateman passed my eye test. First time I see him in person and boy did he make some catches. Oweh looked incredible a few times as well.

yeah that play where it was a straight dropback and no one blocked the DL in the a-gap and just parted like the red sea to welcome him through and straight into lamar's lap

Argentina Raven

Practice Squad
From what little I understand, I don't think Roman has changed that much, his plays seem designed to have 3 or 4 different paths and will depend more on the execution and the choice of the quarterback.
If we see the repetitions, we will always have a player with the possibility of making a difference, if it is achieved or not, is another question.
The offensive line is the big problem, so they were all healthy, and it has been seen for a long time, they put pressure on us and the holes appear, before Lamar could correct them, now he can not, how did we break the offensive of the 49 in the SB? attacking and hitting the qb.
fundamentally the inner line does not stop anyone, and there will be no gaps .. with dobbins or edwards it would have been the same.