• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Steelers

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I feel like he just reincarnated into that poster with the weird avatar that only shows up when we lose
lol, they were around at the same time, so that isn't what happened, but they both tended to do that. I believe you're talking about the last raven.

The poster I'm glad is gone is Winchester or whatever his name was on Purple Flock. He was Winchester on the old boards.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
hope things get better for you and your family.
Thank you, we’re alright it’s just my kids first time in school and everyone’s immune system is neutered right now and he’s bringing home 2 viruses a week it seems, it’s unreal how we all get one day of health followed by another week of illness, nothing extreme though, my 9 month old got RSV and that’s where it all started and THAT was bad, but it’s been just miserable but manageable since with one regular virus after another

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Thank you, we’re alright it’s just my kids first time in school and everyone’s immune system is neutered right now and he’s bringing home 2 viruses a week it seems, it’s unreal how we all get one day of health followed by another week of illness, nothing extreme though, my 9 month old got RSV and that’s where it all started and THAT was bad, but it’s been just miserable but manageable since with one regular virus after another
wow and many people go get RSV just think it's a chest cold so it goes untreated.

I feel this. Kids and viruses man. Just one after the other. I don't know if it was the lack of mixing during the lockdowns meaning that all the viruses spread at once this year, but my 3 year old brings one home a week from pre-school. Then his 8-month old brother gets them and keeps us up all night.

And of course when we get the viruses ourselves, there's no rest because kids. Little savages.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I feel this. Kids and viruses man. Just one after the other. I don't know if it was the lack of mixing during the lockdowns meaning that all the viruses spread at once this year, but my 3 year old brings one home a week from pre-school. Then his 8-month old brother gets them and keeps us up all night.

And of course when we get the viruses ourselves, there's no rest because kids. Little savages.

Just the norm during Flu season I’m sure. My little one has had a few as well. We also live about 45 mins from Disney and have annual passes so we’re there once a week usually. Pretty sure going to that places exposes you to every active virus currently in circulation lol. Building up our immunity one Disney trip at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
We need a break out game this week on on offense. Ever since the debacle in Miami this offense has looked rough. Something like 13 PPG. Lamar please recover some magic and send Steelers fans home crying [emoji1319]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

I've got two year old and five year old. Two year old spent most of her first call it 12 months of existence at home because she was born in August 2019, basically 6-7 months before Covid lockdown. She had only been experienced to daycare for like 3-4 months before they shut down.

My 5 year old was sick pretty consistently for like his first 18-24 months. At least a half dozen ear infections, had to put tubes in, I believe at one point around a year old he had the flu and double ear infections at the same time.

BUT, I will say this... my five year old is like super healthy right now and has been for about 2-2.5 years. Any cold he gets is extremely mild, and he has run like one fever in three years. And that's with daycare 5 days a week and now in-person Kindergarten. And I'm extremely confident that a lot of his health now is because he has such great immune system from all the viruses he saw in his first 2 years. I tried to explain to him its like a boxing match. Virus comes in, his body is like "nah, I've seen you before. I already know how to whoop that ass", and his body just punches this shit away.

Might not be true for everybody, but in some ways, its a little better to get them exposed to the normal viruses we see spread daily at a young age. I think you'll find most children will develop strong antibodies and be a lot less sick later on.

Young one's are tougher with illness though, granted. Sleep a lot less, lots of crying, can't easily communicate what the issues are. When my five year old had a fever a few months back, you can just plop him on the couch watching TV for most of the day, takes a long ass nap, and he's rebounding quickly. A lot harder with toddlers. They don't really seem to have the "sleep a long time and rest" gene.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Maybe it's just me, but I'm paying zero attention to his MVP chances. I only care about getting to the playoffs (yes, I know you can do both but not the point dammit lol).

If this team somehow managed to finish 1st in the AFC this would be so much more impressive than last year's playoff win or the MVP season. Playoffs is damn near a guarantee if Lamar stays healthy at this point. Highly doubt we don't get to 10 wins even as tough as the schedule is.

And we better sweep the Steelers.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
In total, nine players were placed on the COVID-19 list today, all due to a positive test. Those include Steelers LB T.J. Watt, Vikings CB Patrick Peterson and Titans S Kevin Byard.

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
In total, nine players were placed on the COVID-19 list today, all due to a positive test. Those include Steelers LB T.J. Watt, Vikings CB Patrick Peterson and Titans S Kevin Byard.
I don't want to break out the debate again, but Watt's vaccination status DOES matter for whether he can be cleared to play or not. I guess we'll find out.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't want to break out the debate again, but Watt's vaccination status DOES matter for whether he can be cleared to play or not. I guess we'll find out.

Even if he is vaxxed, he might not be able to get cleared in time. I would just count him as "Doubtful", at this point, until proven otherwise.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
wow and many people go get RSV just think it's a chest cold so it goes untreated.
Yeah my homeboy has a kid about the same age as mine, we had a little play date for the boys and about 2 hours after they started playing I noticed his kid coughing and nose running, my gut said it was bad but I went against it, he said it was covid negative and he’s been past the bad part for days, and they were already together so I said what the hell… week later he’s sick and the baby has RSV, I coulda kicked dudes ass for being so careless with my kids man.

they just run around spitting and licking and coughing and sneezing on everything they have no respect for life

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I've got two year old and five year old. Two year old spent most of her first call it 12 months of existence at home because she was born in August 2019, basically 6-7 months before Covid lockdown. She had only been experienced to daycare for like 3-4 months before they shut down.

My 5 year old was sick pretty consistently for like his first 18-24 months. At least a half dozen ear infections, had to put tubes in, I believe at one point around a year old he had the flu and double ear infections at the same time.

BUT, I will say this... my five year old is like super healthy right now and has been for about 2-2.5 years. Any cold he gets is extremely mild, and he has run like one fever in three years. And that's with daycare 5 days a week and now in-person Kindergarten. And I'm extremely confident that a lot of his health now is because he has such great immune system from all the viruses he saw in his first 2 years. I tried to explain to him its like a boxing match. Virus comes in, his body is like "nah, I've seen you before. I already know how to whoop that ass", and his body just punches this shit away.

Might not be true for everybody, but in some ways, its a little better to get them exposed to the normal viruses we see spread daily at a young age. I think you'll find most children will develop strong antibodies and be a lot less sick later on.

Young one's are tougher with illness though, granted. Sleep a lot less, lots of crying, can't easily communicate what the issues are. When my five year old had a fever a few months back, you can just plop him on the couch watching TV for most of the day, takes a long ass nap, and he's rebounding quickly. A lot harder with toddlers. They don't really seem to have the "sleep a long time and rest" gene.
Yeah I try to keep this all in mind, I just hate seeing them suffer, makes it tough knowing they just can’t catch a damn break and go have fun like a kids supposed to

marklar

Pro Bowler
But anyways, fuck the Steelers

Finally. I was just going to post my disappointment of going through 5 pages of posts and you're the first one to say the holy mantra. So I'll repeat it just to make sure it gets heard

Fuck the Steelers!

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
If this team somehow managed to finish 1st in the AFC this would be so much more impressive than last year's playoff win or the MVP season. Playoffs is damn near a guarantee if Lamar stays healthy at this point. Highly doubt we don't get to 10 wins even as tough as the schedule is.

And we better sweep the Steelers.
The Steelers are awful and we owe them a sweep

rossihunter2

Staff Member
lol, they were around at the same time, so that isn't what happened, but they both tended to do that. I believe you're talking about the last raven.

The poster I'm glad is gone is Winchester or whatever his name was on Purple Flock. He was Winchester on the old boards.

I think it had horse in the username or something like that

also pretty sure Sami and that troll managed to argue with each other so unlikely they were the same person m