• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Steelers

Simba

Staff Member
well i guess it wouldnt be a steelers game if we didnt have some sort of outbreak

and i guess it wouldnt be a ravens 2021 game if we didnt somehow have a position group get ravaged out of nowhere for no apparent reason - literally this was the first game in ages where we supposedly had no injury concerns beyond a minor injury to queen's ribs

Really hoping it's just more injury related as Averett, Young, and Westry all missed practice today. Sounds like Humphrey, Jimmy (probably limited), Toliver, Wilkins, and now Robert Jackson are the only CBs practicing.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Not saying its impossible, but pretty close to it. He's no Philip Rivers, but dude has five kids, ranging from 3 to 9, and as far as I know, they're not following him around to wherever the hell he plays, so she's doing a lot of single parenting (I'm sure with nannies) throughout the year.

Not trying to be too stalker like, but I found that he posted his Reisterstown house for sale in May 2019, and I gotta be honest... it's not as nice as I would have expected for somebody who has $171M in career earnings. I'm guessing he was the only owner and probably bought it while on his rookie contract.

https://patch.com/maryland/owingsmills/see-inside-house-where-ravens-quarterback-joe-flacco-lived

Was only on the market for $1.6M. Quite large at 7,300 square feet, but also only has 6 bedrooms, so he basically doesn't have a guest room apparently. A bit nitty, but would just expect somebody of his financial success to have bigger digs, but I'm sure the second house he bought was bigger.

Lolol this really made me laugh!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I don't think there's any chance he wins the Chargers game. I think he would have done better than Lamar, but still lost. If people remember that game, the Chargers basically got relentless pressure on the Oline without hardly ever blitzing. Joe Flacco was never known as a great QB who could get pressure against him without blitzing. Cincinnati played that style for like a decade against him, and he rarely had good games against them.
Plus, even if he had beaten the Chargers, its still highly unlikely that a) he starts the next game and b) he's back the next year. The moment he got injured and Lamar took over and start winning more games, that was it for him. His days in Baltimore were over.

Joe get's a lot of shit from the fans because of his limitations, of which there are many. And he was basically never a strong regular season QB, even in his good years. But dude had one of the best probably 7-8 game playoff stretches you'll ever see from a QB. People think it was just 2012. It wasn't. He was very good in the 2011 AFC Championship game, he had a very strong game in the Wildcard round in 2010 against KC, and he was very good for both of the 2014 playoff games.

He just fell off a cliff in 2015 and never recovered.
Man I still got love for Joe, he really was one of the most dominant players in the league come playoff time from 2011 until 2014

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Man I still got love for Joe, he really was one of the most dominant players in the league come playoff time from 2011 until 2014
Yup. Just super frustrating for me. Was a lot like Eli. If he got to January, he could do a lot of damage. But that fucker needed a LOT of help from Sept to Dec just to get to January for the opportunity to play great. A LOT of help. And even though he had injury issues and whatnot, by the time you get to that 2015-2017 window, where it's just week after week after week of mediocre and inconsistent play from both Joe and the team, and you realize that January football ain't gonna happen, it's just time to move on.

I'm not a lifetime achievement award guy. I was one of the first beating the drum saying it was time to move on from Ray and Ed in 2012, because they weren't close to the best defensive players on the team. And everybody just hands them lifetime participation trophies and contracts for being what they were instead of what they are. I'm only interested in what you can do for us now and in the future. I'm not interested in paying you in the future for something you did in the past.

Argentina Raven

Practice Squad
Flacco was never given weapons, and some years or shield, we gave him a great contract and nothing else, hell we changed Boldin to save money ...
of the worst draft of the ravens

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Flacco was never given weapons, and some years or shield, we gave him a great contract and nothing else, hell we changed Boldin to save money ...
Letting Boldin go was one of the worst decisions ever made by the Ravens front office.

Argentina Raven

Practice Squad
post-superbowl bad decisions were made for several years, until the 2018 draft that everything was balanced, only the Kubiak era that was an oasis

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
Ladies and gentlemen I’m gonna need y’all to wish me luck, as I will be heading into enemy territory this Sunday!

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I think this is gonna be one of those games where their WRs are gonna make damn near every tough/contested catch. I also feel like we will have 3 almost-sacks.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Ladies and gentlemen I’m gonna need y’all to wish me luck, as I will be heading into enemy territory this Sunday!
We had tickets and a 2 night hotel stay in Pitt last year and covid ruined it

got 120% coupon though so we’re hoping we can get even better seats in 2022 when it’s more practical for us to go to a football game, we really can’t with the baby

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Enjoy ! Pitt fans, from Pittsburgh, are surprisingly friendly and really knowledgeable when it comes to sports. It’s the bandwagon out of state fans that are so obnoxious. I’ve been twice and enjoyed both trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Ah come on in retrospect it wasn’t that bad. Joe played with Mason, Boldin, Heap, Rice, Pitta, Mcgahee, T Smith, S Smith, and was blessed with some pretty decent Olines along the way. We certainly tried to give him some weapons through the draft but we’re just awful at finding value.

Out of curiosity I looked back and we were laughably bad finding help through the draft. During Joes time we drafted: Justin Harper, Yamon Figurs, David Reed, Tandon Doss, T Smith, Tommy Steeter, Aaron Mellette, Mike Campanaro, Breshard Perriman, Chris Moore, Kennan Reynolds, Jaleel Scott, and Jordan Lasley. Yikes

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Football Gods are just toying with us this season.

bro.. if we win the Super Bowl this season, I might get a raven-themed tattoo to remember it forever. It’s been such a wild ride. Lol.

my wife better hope we don’t haha

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Letting Boldin go was one of the worst decisions ever made by the Ravens front office.
Also is kind of an insignificant decision also. The 2013 team wasn't a contender with Boldin on it, he was the very definition of a largely average regular season player at that stage in his career, and there was no scenario possible where he was here beyond 2013. And we signed Steve Smith a year after he was gone.

Fans get all butthurt about the decision, but they lack the context to understand just how trivial of a decision it was to the overall outcome of what happened.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ah come on in retrospect it wasn’t that bad. Joe played with Mason, Boldin, Heap, Rice, Pitta, Mcgahee, T Smith, S Smith, and was blessed with some pretty decent Olines along the way. We certainly tried to give him some weapons through the draft but we’re just awful at finding value.

Out of curiosity I looked back and we were laughably bad finding help through the draft. During Joes time we drafted: Justin Harper, Yamon Figurs, David Reed, Tandon Doss, T Smith, Tommy Steeter, Aaron Mellette, Mike Campanaro, Breshard Perriman, Chris Moore, Kennan Reynolds, Jaleel Scott, and Jordan Lasley. Yikes

Yeah I mean much of the Ravens success early in his career (first five years) was baked on the Ravens having some high level older players that they had draft several years before (Reed, Ray, Suggs, Yanda, Ngata, etc.) and a very strong blend of veteran players they signed that played as key contributors.
There were some very poor drafts in the Flacco era.
2009 we got Oher, who was a disappointment for a first rounders, Kruger, who mostly didn't make a huge impact until the last year of his rookie deal, and Webb, who was a great player for a good period of time. Not a bad draft, but not a great one.
2010 was largely hot garbage. Kindle and Cody did nothing, Dickson and Pitta were a decent tandem of TE's until Pitta's career basically ended early, and Art Jones was a good player for a couple years but left for a higher contract.
2011 was fine. Torrey, Jimmy and McPhee, who came on towards the end as well. The problem with Jimmy and McPhee is you really didn't start to see them being starter-level impactful for a few years.
2012 wasn't good. Upshaw was an average defender, and KO was a solid Guard. The rest of the draft was nothing.
2013 gets crapped on for being a bad draft because of who we took at the top (Elam and Brown), but we did get BWill, Juice, Wagner, and Jensen. So during that tenure, it wasn't all bad.
2014 was pretty bad also. Mosley was good while he was here, Jernigan was OK, but the rest of the class never really materialized into anything.
2015 was similarly pretty bad. Perriman (obviously), Maxx Williams never lived up to expectations, and Waller never did anything here. We got a great blocking TE in Boyle and a situational pass rusher for a few years in Smith. It'll go down as a solid draft because Smith and Waller turned into studs elsewhere, but just not here.

Wasn't really until like 2016 where drafts started looking a lot better. You look at 16-19 and we hit on all of our high draft picks mostly (Stanley, Marlon, Bowser, Lamar, Hollywood), and then we got great values from Andrews, OBJ, Averett, Elliott, Bozeman, Clark and Judon.

If you compare the 1st-3rd round picks that we took from like 09 through 15, to the one's we've taken in the last five years, its a joke how different they've been.