• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Ugly, The Ugly and The Ugly - Steelers Edition

Argentina Raven

Practice Squad
It's alright bud if they win we get satisfaction and bragging rights but that's it... if they lose it sucks and we get upset but we have to remember is just a game either way.

yes, just a game, but .... you don't have to give away prestige.
today ben left like the savior, and we gave tj watt several sacks.
Those prizes were not won, we gave them to them.
To lose such a game against these steelers is to give away prestige.
wink or brandon williams said "these games show what are you made of"
we had the answer today ...

Harbaugh was asked if there were sacks Sunday when Jackson held the ball too long.

"Yes, (but) we can put him in better position too in terms of getting the ball out quick with some of those calls," Harbaugh said. "Seven sacks is too many. It's way too many. That's on us as a coaching staff to get that cleaned up."
____

I have never been a Greg Roman fan and right there it seems like Harbs is throwing him shade.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

Bro.. Marlon is done? Just bubble wrap everyone... and let’s get rdy for draft szn fellas. Freakin cursed szn

D1City55

Pro Bowler
Harbaugh was asked if there were sacks Sunday when Jackson held the ball too long.

"Yes, (but) we can put him in better position too in terms of getting the ball out quick with some of those calls," Harbaugh said. "Seven sacks is too many. It's way too many. That's on us as a coaching staff to get that cleaned up."
____

I have never been a Greg Roman fan and right there it seems like Harbs is throwing him shade.
I mean to be fair to Lamar the Ravens have always relied on him to hold on to the ball in order to make a play with his legs if the ball isn't there. This has always been the formula dating back to when he took over. 2019 you can spot plenty of plays where teams had coverage sacks because Lamar kept the play alive instead of throwing it away.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean to be fair to Lamar the Ravens have always relied on him to hold on to the ball in order to make a play with his legs if the ball isn't there. This has always been the formula dating back to when he took over. 2019 you can spot plenty of plays where teams had coverage sacks because Lamar kept the play alive instead of throwing it away.

maybe that’s why harbs was so dismissive about his turnovers last week. Can’t really bang when ravens offensive philosophy is:
“please Lamar.. bail us out.”

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
This clip from the movie "Blue Chips" with the Coach going off on the team is how I feel about this Ravens team:

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I know you demand absolute perfection but cmon. Consider the injury state of this roster man.

I do! Seriously though the injury state of the Ravens roster has been duly noted by all of us since the season started. That's not my issue man. The issue is that this team seems to be unable to get out of their own way and stop shooting themselves in the foot when they have the opportunity to further their stranglehold on the division. Case and point: the browns beat the steelers last week, are on a bye this week; the Bengals lost today and the Ravens could have pretty much ended the Steelers season and maintain their #1 AFC Seed with a "W" today. That's what gets under my skin with our boys. So, I feel like this right now:

:D:D:cool:

marklar

Pro Bowler
What a shitshow. Sad that the rivalry has turned into this; it is no longer more than a regular game against any old team.
Feels like the Ravens are last years Steelers - a bad team with a nice record and things aren't going to get better with Marlon out and with Philips at RT.

Not much to say, except that I regret staying up for this one, but some attempts at analysis:
- The running game worked decently in the first half, and there were some really nice holes opening up for Freeman. But did we have any running yards at all in the second half? This team will not win without a semblance of a running game
- I try to avoid disliking Ravens players, but Philips is getting on my shitlist. If Ogbuehi and all the PS tackles really are worse than he is, then I don't know what to say
- Not sacking Fat Bastard even once the last time we'll play that asshole in the ketchup bowl is so demoralizing. Get Upshaw out of retirement to cut him in half in week 18, so we can send him off in style
- I really do like how this offense is built on ball control and winning the TOP, but after the last month, we have to realize that right now, Lamar only plays to his normal level during the 2-minute drill so we need to do much more hurry-up offense. It will wear down the defense and cause other problems, but what have you got to lose the way things look on the field now?
- New and efficient drinking game for Ravens fans: every time the defense drops and interception, drink up! WIll get you wasted really fast so you don't have to suffer through games like this.

Nurps

MVP
There’s a word. Important word. Kind of throws a wrench in your expectations. 3 syllables.

INJURIES.

Tank

Hall of Famer

____

More him sticking up for and taking the heat his QB. It was pretty easy to see the issues.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I think what scares me the most is that the defense needs SERIOUS work (they need to retool the defensive line, need at least one new safety, probably should draft cornerback depth, and need to find Oweh's Robin) and I think that'll cause the Ravens to ignore the offense and give it the attention it needs.
It sucks but I’d rather Lamar be protected, and it’s not even a question for me.

I’d like to see us grab an OT like petit-frere, Charles cross, or Trevor penning early, then land Jarrett Patterson and Emil ekiyor on day 2. I feel like that’s 3 guys who are starting by 2023 and long term quality guys. If the defense takes a hit, which it will, then oh well, it’s Lamar’s team and you can’t put him out there with that OL for the short and long term.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
It sucks but I’d rather Lamar be protected, and it’s not even a question for me.

I’d like to see us grab an OT like petit-frere, Charles cross, or Trevor penning early, then land Jarrett Patterson and Emil ekiyor on day 2. I feel like that’s 3 guys who are starting by 2023 and long term quality guys. If the defense takes a hit, which it will, then oh well, it’s Lamar’s team and you can’t put him out there with that OL for the short and long term.
The Chiefs learned the hard way in the Super Bowl that you must have a good offensive line to win. They only scored 9 points even with a QB that gets the ball out quick. I think both tackles were injured and the backups were bad. It's why they traded for Brown.

Offensive line should be our first priority .