• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Inside Linebacker Thread

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I keep seeing people say Mosley was “playing hurt. Playing hurt. Playing hurt.”

First of all, like Flacco, if his injury was THAT bad to where it made him look like just another guy on the field...shouldn’t he have like, you know, sat out? I don’t care if the replacement was Correa. We only won 9 freaking games anyway. He should’ve sat out and healed until he was actually halfway decent. Because guess what, we would’ve missed the playoffs with or without him. I’d rather our guy sit out and heal. Same can be said about Jimmy. We all knew his Achilles would pop sooner or later. I went into every game hoping that wouldn’t be the one that Jimmy goes down with an Achilles. He shouldve sat out for several games.

Anyone have an article or a press conference that says Mosley was injured the whole season? Because although I’ve seen many say that on here I must’ve missed it.

Last edited:

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter

First of all, like Flacco, if his injury was THAT bad to where it made him look like just another guy on the field...shouldn’t he have like, you know, sat out? I don’t care if the replacement was Correa. We only won 9 freaking games anyway. He should’ve sat out and healed until he was actually halfway decent. Because guess what, we would’ve missed the playoffs with or without him. I’d rather our guy sit out and heal. Same can be said about Jimmy. We all knew his Achilles would pop sooner or later. I went into every game hoping that wouldn’t be the one that Jimmy goes down with an Achilles. He shouldve sat out for several games.

Anyone have an article or a press conference that says Mosley was injured the whole season? Because although I’ve seen many say that on here I must’ve missed it.
Because we knew we were going 9-7...
And yes, multiple appearances on the Injury Report for different injuries is enough proof that he was injured.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer

Multiple appearances on the injury report. And we didn’t know we were only going to win 9. We tried to win more because of course we did. And CJ is one of the more cerebral LBs in the league. Easily the most important player in the front 7.

Sorry. He’s been a godsend since we’ve drafted him. He does so much dirty work that he turned Zach Orr into the most undeserving all pro ever

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Multiple appearances on the injury report. And we didn’t know we were only going to win 9. We tried to win more because of course we did. And CJ is one of the more cerebral LBs in the league. Easily the most important player in the front 7.

Sorry. He’s been a godsend since we’ve drafted him. He does so much dirty work that he turned Zach Orr into the most undeserving all pro ever
It’s the NFL. Half the team is on the injury report everybody week. Guess everyone gets a free pass!

Didn’t say I don’t like Mosley I don’t know why you’re getting so defensive over me simply saying he shouldn’t play through injuries if it hindered him that much. Notice I didn’t complain about him outside of this season. Love him as a player (when he’s playing at his best).

Sorry. the rest of your post is irrelevant.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Because we knew we were going 9-7...
And yes, multiple appearances on the Injury Report for different injuries is enough proof that he was injured.
Yep pretty much we did. When we were 4-5 everyone knew what kind of team we were at that point.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Yep pretty much we did. When we were 4-5 everyone knew what kind of team we were at that point.
And then three weeks later we were the team that would scare the shit out of everyone in the PO. And then two months later we're a shipwreck and our team sucks.

Simba

Staff Member
It's no secret that Mosley was hurt for a majority of last year. Zrebiec continually reported all of the ailments he had - sometimes 2 and 3 different things going on at the same time. I don't think Mosley is a superstar, but I absolutely would not want to see this defense without him. Regardless of the thoughts around here, he's going to get paid and he's going to get paid well, and he deserves it.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
It's no secret that Mosley was hurt for a majority of last year. Zrebiec continually reported all of the ailments he had - sometimes 2 and 3 different things going on at the same time. I don't think Mosley is a superstar, but I absolutely would not want to see this defense without him. Regardless of the thoughts around here, he's going to get paid and he's going to get paid well, and he deserves it.
All people need to do is go back to last year when he missed few games. Not pretty, not pretty at all.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
CJ is a really good football player. When he's nicked up he is only ok and a bit of a liability in coverage.
It's worth considering what his body might be like, and as a consequence, how he might play three years from now.

It seems he has a somewhat minor procedure every off season. http://m.baltimoreravens.com/news/a...-Surgery/ea68dc55-6579-4f48-af90-5c9bf86fb386

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...wrist-surgery-sources-say-20150402-story.html

It might be worth it to franchise him next year. Very expensive to be certain but after a sixth year, I doubt he does anything but regress physically...perhaps not but I would scrutinize his health before paying him as if he were Luke Kuechly.

Before long, we will have to consider Stanley, Judon, etc.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I'll bet money we draft griffin, has one hand and works hard and has fought through adversity, sounds like a typical ravens draft pick, Michael oher, Keenan Reynolds, KLM, etc.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
If Griffin was theoretically given a prosthetic hand, would he be allowed to play with it? Like...if he got a freaking metal hand or something I’m wondering if they wouldn’t allow that on the field lol.

Maybe having one hand is what drives him and motivates him, but it’s cool to think once he comes into all this NFL money that maybe he gets one. Or maybe he doesn’t want that at all who knows

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If Griffin was theoretically given a prosthetic hand, would he be allowed to play with it? Like...if he got a freaking metal hand or something I’m wondering if they wouldn’t allow that on the field lol.

Maybe having one hand is what drives him and motivates him, but it’s cool to think once he comes into all this NFL money that maybe he gets one. Or maybe he doesn’t want that at all who knows
Unfair advantage, poor lil tink tink

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i imagine that because the metal wouldnt be malleable and he'd be expected to use it that it would create an injury risk - or it might damage other players' eyes if he accidentally (or purposefully) made contact with the eye are of another player

it would be cool but i imagine it would prevent too much of a health and safety problem

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
i imagine that because the metal wouldnt be malleable and he'd be expected to use it that it would create an injury risk - or it might damage other players' eyes if he accidentally (or purposefully) made contact with the eye are of another player

it would be cool but i imagine it would prevent too much of a health and safety problem
We need to Luke skywalker that shit

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor

Yeah this is what I was thinking. Unless he just wore like 4 pairs of gloves lol