• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Purple Flock Dynasty League

Somerset Ravens

Pro Bowler
The trade really isn’t the issue in my mind. My concern is with changing rules mid-season without a discussion or a vote.
I hope going forward we can agree to discuss and vote on rule changes.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I didn’t make the offer, but I’m also short on good running backs. The offer was fair to thr two of us making the trade. We both thought it was a win win

Rogers is Ludys backup qb
Coleman is one of my starters

The "fairness" of a trade in fantasy leagues doesn't apply to teams trading the players - if agreed upon, it's implied.
It's about being fair to the rest of the league.

For my money, Aaron Rodgers straight up for Tevin Coleman doesn't make sense.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
The "fairness" of a trade in fantasy leagues doesn't apply to teams trading the players - if agreed upon, it's implied.
It's about being fair to the rest of the league.

For my money, Aaron Rodgers straight up for Tevin Coleman doesn't make sense.

I get the need and I’m 100% down with that. You need a HB, seem solid at QB. Mania needs a QB with Stafford underperforming and two on IR. If this were a redraft possibly.

I have to look at the longevity of a dynasty league. Aaron Rodgers is a bonefied franchise QB. He’s having a down year, but this isn’t a year to year league. Arguably a top 5 QB for Coleman who is at a less superior skill position is a tough one to approve.

The trade really isn’t the issue in my mind. My concern is with changing rules mid-season without a discussion or a vote.
I hope going forward we can agree to discuss and vote on rule changes.

Like I said, that was my fault. If we can get this trade squared away in some form and I’ll just end the trade deadline for this year. That was solely on me. I was trying to make this more fun, fit some trades in, but I get it 100%. I normally ask you guys about the changes. Like I said I was scrolling through the deadline options, thought I kept it the same.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I get the need and I’m 100% down with that. You need a HB, seem solid at QB. Mania needs a QB with Stafford underperforming and two on IR. If this were a redraft possibly.

I have to look at the longevity of a dynasty league. Aaron Rodgers is a bonefied franchise QB. He’s having a down year, but this isn’t a year to year league. Arguably a top 5 QB for Coleman who is at a less superior skill position is a tough one to approve.

Like I said, that was my fault. If we can get this trade squared away in some form and I’ll just end the trade deadline for this year. That was solely on me. I was trying to make this more fun, fit some trades in, but I get it 100%. I normally ask you guys about the changes. Like I said I was scrolling through the deadline options, thought I kept it the same.
What are you asking? I’m going to need to improve my rb for next season, but will be willing add a mid round pick if that helps squeeze this trade through.

Somerset Ravens

Pro Bowler
I recognize I am a novice in dynasty fantasy football compared to most of those in this league. Have any of you
ever seen a trade deadline extended after it passed?

I started playing in Dynasty Sports Empire league this year. I reached out to one of the gentleman who runs their
dynasty fantasy football leagues about changing trade deadlines after the deadline passed. He replied
“ Very very wrong imo, can’t change the rules on something like that after it passed.”

Where do we stand with this?

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I recognize I am a novice in dynasty fantasy football compared to most of those in this league. Have any of you
ever seen a trade deadline extended after it passed?

I started playing in Dynasty Sports Empire league this year. I reached out to one of the gentleman who runs their
dynasty fantasy football leagues about changing trade deadlines after the deadline passed. He replied
“ Very very wrong imo, can’t change the rules on something like that after it passed.”

Where do we stand with this?
Honestly - I'd rather have deadline put where it was and reverse the trade.
Use the FA/waivers to try and improve the team, which is entirely possible in terms of QB spot, where the averages aren't that different between the players in terms of the score total for any given week.

Having said that, I'm fine with whatever majority vote is.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
Here’s what I’m gonna do. I can’t process that trade. I’ve thought about it, spoke with a few, and it’s not fair to everyone in the league.

I was messing with the deadline and it’s something I would have discussed had I officially put it into motion. That was my fault, I thought I saved the original date and changing the rules with everyone’s input is not something I would do.

I bring up polls/suggestions around this sort of thing, but I never set it into motion. It would be a little different if I never mentioned a deadline, but I let you all know in advance.

I made a couple of posts about the deadline being November 21st. The next page back actually.

@Somerset Ravens you are right, it is wrong. It was a thought that maybe I would bring it up to you guys, but it was never set into fruition.

So, if that seems unfair to @Ludy51 and @RavensMania, my apologies. I originally thought I could add more to the trade , but it still wouldn’t be fair to the group as a whole. If that upsets you to a point you don’t wanna play anymore, that’s fine too, just let me know.

In short, November 21st was the deadline. I reminded everyone. It was the same last year. I never discussed the potential for an extended date, therefore I can’t process the trade and the deadline has passed.

Sorry to those involved. This one is on me.

Somerset Ravens

Pro Bowler
Good luck to everyone in the playoffs. Looking at the teams that qualified, the playoffs should be very competitive.

Last edited:

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
Good luck to everyone in the playoffs. Looking at the teams that qualified, the playoffs should be very competitive.

no question they are going to be competitive.

Looking forward to it. Strong records in the playoffs this year. Worst record is mine at 8-5. Last year, the worst record in the playoffs was 7-6. Best record was 9-4. There are TWO 10-3 teams, and THREE 9-4 teams this year. Should be interesting.

Some terrible news for me. James Conor OUT this week. At least I can root for the Ravens and against Mahomes this week, as @Ludy51 has Mahomes.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
@RavensMania how lucky do you feel right now?
Have been contemplating yesterday and decided to play Gus, not Henry due to better matchup defensively. Shiiiiiit...............

I had every notion that this was gonna be a crappy game. I cut Dede Westbrook who was in the starter spot. He was the only bright spot for Jags. 21 points. In another league, kept Henry on the bench. I feel your pain. Lol damn.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
@RavensMania how lucky do you feel right now?
Have been contemplating yesterday and decided to play Gus, not Henry due to better matchup defensively. Shiiiiiit...............
Tell me about it. Btw, I’ll be thrilled if Edwards puts up 60 on us ans we beat the Chiefs, even if I do lose in fantasy.